- Over 8+ years of involvement with a solid execution foundation in wide variety of professional system support and solution - based IT services for Linux Systems including monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of operating systems.
- Experience in installing and configuring, upgrading RHEL 5.x/6.x/7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, using kick start server.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, ECS, ELB, VPC, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Cloud watch, Glacier, IAM, RDS, Route53, S3, and SNS.
- Having good experience in working on IaaS like EC2, PaaS like Docker, RDS and SaaS like Cloud Watch.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology (Scrum), and Waterfall.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Having good experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines from scratch.
- Extensive experience using Maven, ANT and Ansible as build tools for the building of deployable from source code.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Hands on experience in creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes, and have good knowledge on understanding of Mesos, SWARM.
- Good working experience on DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Virtual Box, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, Jenkins and Docker.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platform.
- Worked on web servers like Apache, Nginx and application servers like Web Logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS, and IIS Server to deploy code.
- Experience in various tools and environments like Networking and helped the team Leverage Firewall Rules, VPN, Zones and Security.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS skills, including SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Experienced in Administration of Prod, Dev, Stage and QA environment’s carrying on Windows, REHL, Centos, Ubuntu and Solaris servers.
- Implemented Build/Deployed automation Server utilizing CI Technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Subversion, Maven, Ant, Nexus, JIRA and Selenium for both .NET and J2EE Applications on mixed OS (Windows/Linux/Unix).
- Expertise in configuring and administering network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, SAMBA, Mail Servers.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, Python and Ruby.
- Knowledge on using various routed protocols like TCP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Expertise in Integration, Tuning, Backup, Disaster recovery, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance, System and Network Security and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix Servers.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA/TFS/HP ALM tracking tool and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-in for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Expertise in using Nagios, Splunk, and Zabbix for Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Self-motivated, able to set effective priorities to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational
Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, Grafana
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NOSQL
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, XL release and XL deploy
Version Control Tools: Sub version (SVN), GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, BIT BUCKET
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBOSS, WebLogic Web, Networking
Languages/Scripts: C, HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, PHP
SDLC: Agile, Scrum
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux & Windows, CentOS, Debian
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created Builds and deployed builds to different environments based on requests ACM solution was designed that would use SVN. The design and implementation included streams and view for the developers
- Provided technical-support to developers with configuration issues. Defined and implemented Issues, Tasks, Defects and Change management processes using JIRA.
- UNIX, Enterprise JAVA, JDBC, Security Module like SAML, LDAP
- Provided 'Manual', 'Continuous Integration', 'Gated Check-in' and 'Schedule' builds (along with the option to force builds on that schedule even if no changes occurred since the last build)
- Performed installation, configuration and administration of SVN Linux environment
- Engineer and document solutions and processes that are innovative and help the team become more efficient in the deployment and support of the server environments
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to ANT build scripts for JAVA/WEBSPHERE based applications.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Configured &implemented SVN. Involved in conversion of the source code from the SVN to GIT. Worked closely with another CM team, which was migrating from SVN to GIT.
- Experience in setting up Team Deploy for TFS to perform deployments as a post build task.
- Automate infrastructure platform tasks including patching across the ecosystem
- Resolved a history of problematic network failure by troubleshooting LAN/WAN connections between multiple stores for a regional retail chain.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Apache Tomcat.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java
- AdministeredSVNforversioncontroltoincludebranchingandmergemanagement, and JIRA to track process defects.
- Worked with Developing team lead and testing teams to establish a build schedule, execute the build and troubleshoot the build failure, if any.
- Deployed application using Jenkins server and troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolving and working with developers on resolution.
- Administrated Jenkins for managing weekly build, test and deploy chain as a CI CD process.
- Created a seamless pipeline by integrating plugins for GIT and testing the code as well and integrating plugins.
- Automated weekly releasees wit ANT/Maven, debugging and placing builds into Maven repository.
- Configured the users account for continuous integration-Jenkins.
- Created Docker containers procedure including using of Docker trusted registry leading to container as a service.
- Worked with monitoring tools like Grafana, Prometheus and Alert manager to troubleshoot different nodes and pods failure.
- Worked with Kubernetes for cluster management, load balancing, multi-host networking and scaling.
- Maintained the source code repositories such as GIT and SVN.
- Created pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Managed containerized application using its nodes, config maps, selector, services and deploying application containers as pods.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes application, managing Kubernetes manifest files and managing releases of Helm packages.
Environment: C++and Java/J2ee, ANT, SVN, GIT, Kubernetes, Linux, Shell, Hudson, Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus, JIRA, SQL Server.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Responsible for the day to day administration and administration of RHEL 5, 6/ CentOS which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes.
- Implemented Chef to spawn new servers with right configuration.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system.
- Experience in using version controller tools like SVN (Subversion), GIT, AWS Code Commit and Bitbucket.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations on Nodes and Test Playbooks using Python.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Deployed many services using CONDUIT in int, dev and Production servers.
- Made use of SPLUNK and Keep Alive for monitoring, searching the d Confidential .
- Used YAML to build and deploy in Core and Trait machines.
- Maintained fabric alerts for the servers and monitored using Splunk.
- Planned and performed the upgrades on Linux operating systems and hardware maintenance on HP and POWER servers like increasing memory, disk, replacing failed hardware.
- Backing up the instances by taking snapshots of the required (Important) servers
- Creating auto scaling groups, Load balancing.
- Configured the users accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins.
- Involved in deploying systems on Amazon Web services Infrastructure services EC2, S3, RDS, SQS.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
- Participated in creating Docker container procedure including using of Docker trusted registry leading to container as a service.
Environment: Red Hat, GIT, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, SSH, SSL, Ansible, Vagrant, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Conduit, AWS.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Build and Release Engineer
- Closely worked with developers, project managers and product owners to setup the road map, and supported day to day build issues.
- As a Release Engineer, supported multiple teams for multiple applications including Java/J2EE and iOS.
- Attended every day scrum meetings and weekly sprint meetings to evaluate completed work and to handover new tasks.
- Responsible for maintenance of source control systems Subversion and Git.
- Used Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from GIT and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environments. Migrated Jenkins plans from one of the Jenkins to Bamboo.
- Identify Configuration Items (CI) and document their characteristics. After every deployment, delivered the Release notes on Confluence site.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of services like NFS, FTP, LDAP and Web servers
- Viewing the selected issues of web interface using SonarQube.
- Involved in Setting up the backup server for Jenkins and prepared disaster recovery plans for Jenkins and bamboo.
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), JSP’s, and Servlets in staging, production.
- Created and maintained Shell, Python scripts for building applications.
- Knowledge of Chef as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical Applications, and proactively manage change.
- Involved in release planning and executed the release build request from the project team through JIRA Ticket.
- Build automation to use with the continuous integration scenario for triggering coordination with TFS Release Management.
- Installed and configured Tools for Jenkins Continuous Integration environment from scratch for iOS builds and Deployments.
- Implemented Automated Application Deployment using chef.
- Create platform and compliance reports for management
- Communicate effectively with peer employees and senior management.
- Perform assigned duties independently with minimal management oversight.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins Plugins to support the project specific tasks.
Environment: Git, Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Confluence, Artifactory, Rally, Jira, Chef, CentOS, Python, Yum, Shell Scripts.
- Installation and configuration of Solaris 9/10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 systems.
- Involved in building servers using jumpstart and Kickstart in Solaris and RHEL respectively.
- Installation and configuration of RedHat virtual servers using ESXi 4/5 and Solaris servers (LDOMS) using scripts and Ops Center.
- Performed package and patches management, firmware upgrades and debugging.
- Addition and configuration of SAN disks for LVM on Linux, and VERITAS Volume Manager and ZFS on Solaris LDOMs.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of NAS mounts on Solaris and Linux Servers.
- Configuration and administration of ASM disks for Oracle RAC servers.
- Implemented best practices of agile methodology to speed up the delivery process efficiently
- Configuration of Multipath, EMC power path on Linux, Solaris Servers.
- Provided production support and 24/7 support on rotation basis
- Analyzing and reviewing the System performance tuning and Network Configurations.
- Managed Logical volumes, Volume Groups, using Logical Volume Manager.
- Merged Develop branches to Master Branch after successfully completing pull request in stash
- Worked on Jenkins to deploy code in Staging and Production environments.
- Managed administrative tasks, roles and permission and site maintenance through Demand ware Exchange.
- Executed various scripts to automate build and release process.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and OS (Solaris & Linux) infrastructure including patches, users, file systems, and kernel parameters.
- Apply security and kernel patches to Linux servers to ensure a secure environment and adhere to enterprise compliance standards
- Support d Confidential management platform initiatives
- Document operating and deployment procedures for other team members to follow.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Communicated failed builds and error-logs to QA and Developers to debug and troubleshoot problem areas.
Environment: Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Linux 4/5/6, AIX, Sun Enterprise Servers E5500/E4500, Sun Fire V 1280/480/440 , Sun SPARC 1000, HP 9000K, L, N class Server, HP & Dell blade servers, Confidential RS/6000, VMware ESX Server.