- A results - driven professional with extensive experience in Information Technology, and an emphasis in networking systems and devices.
- A trusted innovator and “go-to” resource whom colleagues approach to tackle and solve complex problems.
- 9 years of network experience.
- Currently, the Senior Network Support Engineer responsible for the stability of Confidential ’s backbone equipment across the country.
- Experienced in the configuration and troubleshooting firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers among other devices across a variety of vendor products.
- Switching and routing, including OSPF, BGP, MPLS, STP, DHCP, ISIS, ACLs, QOS, and Fabric Path
- Cisco, Juniper, F5, ALU, Brocade, A10, Fortinet, and Nokia network devices
- Cisco ENSE fabric path switching
- F5/Juniper/Fortinet firewall management and security
- Cabling (CAT5E, FiberOptic)
- Monitoring tools (NetVCR, Solarwinds, NetScout)
- Analyzing and Debugging packet captures
Senior Network Support Engineer, Ashburn, VA
- Leader of the primary team responsible for resolving outages across Confidential ’s backbone network nationwide.
- Worked exclusively on the highest-level routing issues in Confidential ’s network.
- Led conference calls on troubleshooting and repairing both internal equipment and customer equipment.
- Directly worked with design teams on new configuration for expansion and changing technologies.
Network Support Engineer
Confidential, Southlake, TX
- Experience on a variety of vendors and platforms including Cisco (IOS-XR, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS, Cat-OS), Juniper (MX, EX, SRX and ISG series), F5 (AFM and LTM), A10, Fortinet, and Brocade.
- Resolved network outages ranging from layer 1 to layer 7.
- Worked with telco providers on troubleshooting and repairing circuits from DS0s to 100GBs.
- Worked with remote hands on personal on troubleshooting and replacing connections and hardware.
Network Field Engineer
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Installed, commissioned, integrated, and modified CDMA/LTE cell site equipment and routers.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Alcatel Lucent 7705 and 7750 routers. f new technicians on the use of all systems incorporated within a cell site.
- Maintenance and auditing of generators, HVAC’s, batteries, and power plants.
Confidential, Ft. Hood, TX
Senior Network Systems Technician/Administrator
- Primary role for configuring networking devices and implementing network security.
- Supervised and managed the operation of tactical and strategic information networks, systems, and associated personnel at the local and wide area network (LAN & WAN) level.
- Successfully trained more than 20 soldiers in network configuration and management.
- Spent 12 months overseas and oversaw configuring and managing a military network that provided services to over 5000 users spread out throughout Iraq.
Junior Network Systems Technician/Administrator
- Implemented new configuration changes/additions for WAN devices to allow connectivity to a Regional HUB.
- Set up and configured Cisco Unified Call Manager VOIP subscribers.
- Configured and validated a WAN consisting of eight IP based nodal systems.
- Dispatched and resolved issues at remote switch locations throughout the network.