- 7+ years of experience in IT experience in LINUX System Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build, Deployment and Release Management, Software advancement environment set up and DevOps automation engineering with Cloud Implementations.
- Proficient in writing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security groups.
- Expertise in working on Multiple AWS in stances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Set - up a continuous build process in Visual Studio Team Services to automatically build on new check-in of code then deploy that new build to the Azure Web application. And Good Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on Azure PaaS storages like Blob (Page and Block), Sql Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Good understanding of Pivotal cloud foundry (PCF) Architecture (Diego Architecture), PCF components and their functionalities. Experienced in using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI for deploying applications and other CF management activities.
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development.
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers. Familiar with Open Stack concepts of user facing availability zones and administrator facing host aggregates.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments and Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs and Change Automation.
- Experienced in Set up a GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Created clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files as well as managed Kubernetes charts using Helm in GCP.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes .
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle. configuration automation using Docker containers in GCP.
- Involved in integrating Chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework, worked with various custom resources, created roles & environments, and used chef handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub , Machine, Compose and Docker Registry . and Experience in writing the docker files for internal applications and built the docker images out of the docker files.
- Worked with Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling and management of web Containerized applications and Integrated Kubernetes with registry, networking, storage, security and telemetry to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrate containers.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- In OpenShift, Managed Kubernetes containerized applications across a set of containers or hosts and provides mechanisms for deployment, maintenance, and application-scaling. Docker packages, instantiates, and runs containerized applications.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments
- Worked with Bamboo Continuous Integration tool and resolve compilation and deployment errors.
- Involved in merging, delivering and rebasing from dev branch to higher level branches in GIT.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tools for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Worked on Design, support and maintain the Splunk infrastructure on Windows and Linux environments. Installation of Splunk Enterprise, Apps in multiple servers with automation.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations and the test playbooks on AWS instances using Python and Extensive experience in using Python to code and design various phases for data processing pipeline and Experience in writing scripts using frameworks in Python.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity
- Building, Installing, Configuring servers from scratch with OS of RedHat Linux.
- Performed Red Hat Linux Kickstart installations on RedHat 4.x/5.x/6.x, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning, memory upgrades.
- Working with Logical Volume Manager and creating of volume groups/logical performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning and Manage user/group and sudo access on the Linux operating system.
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Manassas, VA
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto- scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, Used AWS Lambda with java to perform event driven processing. Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI.
- Configuring and deploying instances on GCP environments and Data centers, also familiar with Compute, Kubernetes Engine, Stack driver Monitoring, Elastic Search and managing security groups on both.
- Configuring and deploying instances on GCP environments and Data centers, also familiar with Compute, Kubernetes Engine, Stack driver Monitoring, Elastic Search and managing security groups on both.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling for launching Cloud instances while deploying microservices.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS and Digital Ocean.
- Implemented Performance testing using Apache JMeter and created a Dashboard using Grafana to view the Results.
- Experienced with Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge, and delegation to Ansible powered environments. Enhanced the automation to assist, repeat and consist configuration management using Ansible based YAML scripts.
- To automate the process inside the job, I had to pull the docker image from our docker registry and then, running the containers above that image. For further deploy and S3 copying, I wrote a shell script inside the job.
- Worked on creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle and worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters on redhat OpenShift to establish Docker containers with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Point team player on OpenShift for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, troubleshooting pods through SSH and logs , modification of Build configs , templates, Image streams , etc.
- Managing the OpenShift cluster that includes scaling up and down the AWS app nodes.
- Worked on the creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images. Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle. Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipeline.
- Experience in deploying Kubernetes cluster using Kubeadm on AWS and VMware. Configured Kubernetes Master and various nodes, configured Consul for service discovery, interacted with API server using Kubectl command line utility.
- Implemented continuous deployment using Jenkins in Linux environment. Wrote Jenkins pipeline code for automation. And maintained build jobs effectively, Installed different marketplace plug-ins for automation.
- Employed in tasks to deal with Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on windows and Linux platforms.
- Deployed Java applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to another environment.
- Responsible for setting up, configuring and maintaining various Network Management Tools for monitoring hosts status and perform health checks using New Relic and Nagios. and Monitored applications load, access behavior and performance view with New Relic.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Wrote various cookbooks and recipes to support APIs deployment using Chef as an Infrastructural Automation tool.
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Used Chef in installation of Apache servers, tomcat servers and worked on scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Extensively involved in Managing Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open-Source Chef Server. troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, and TCP wrapper and NMAP.
- Developed BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled Cron jobs for job automation.
Environment: & Tools; AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, ANT, Bit Bucket, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ruby, Nagios, Splunk, Bash, Perl, Shell Script, Python, Nginx, Apache, JSON, Vagrant, WebLogic, Oracle, MySQL, RedHat Linux.
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets. and Monitoring and implementing security on Azure IaaS VMs and virtual networks.
- Backup Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup. and Worked on Configuration of Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Having good hands on technical knowledge on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Application infrastructure and architectures.
- Provided expertise for operational management of PCF on upgrades, monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers, build packs etc.
- Devised Azure Terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to formulate development, test, and production environments. Configured Azure VPN gateway and established Site-to-Site connectivity, Express Route with On Premise Networks and Azure.
- Create snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMI) of the instances for backup and created Identity Access Management (IAM) policies for delegated administration within AWS.
- Deployment to AWS with Puppet and Ansible, and using Terraform for building, updating, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently, as well as creating custom in-house solutions with Ansible or Puppet configurations.
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Managed the software configurations using Enterprise Chef and Setup the Chef Workstation, Chef Server and Chef Nodes and worked on creating, uploading new cookbooks and recipes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby Script to install and configure Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script and Setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in ChefSCM.
- Implemented Docker to containerize the Application and all its dependencies by writing Docker file, Docker-Compose files, Docker container snapshots, managing Docker volumes, Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware (NGINX) installations and domain configurations.
- Extensively Worked on Docker service for our Docker images and worked with Docker container networks communications using Docker Weave rolling updates to implement zero downtime PROD deployments and worked with Docker Trusted Registry as repository.
- Deployed windows Kubernetes cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Expertise in customizing Kubernetes cluster with objects like Pods, Deployments, Services and Config Maps and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, enhanced Kubernetes manifest files and Helm packages and implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and developed Docker containers.
- Involved in developing POM files to establish the code quality tools integration and integrate Jenkins with different CI and CM tools available in automation. Automation of the entire provisioning pipeline process (PPP) of configuration Management, prebaking and provisioning with Jenkins and simple workflows
- Experience on version control methods like merging the branches, configuring the web hooks in version control system, resolving the merge conflicts, creating the tags, Creating/Deleting the local and remote branches using Git and Git Bash.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms and Used both GIT and BITbucket source control systems to manage code
- Implemented CI/CD using Jenkins. Configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments. Deployed applications using Maven build tool. Strong understanding of build.xml and pom.xml files.
- On boarded Splunk for multiple applications in different environments; Automated installation of Splunk Forwarders across all environments; Configured Splunk light, heavy and universal forwarders; Created Splunk indexes, Source types.
- Worked with PowerShell and written a script that would automatically sync the Parent- Fork Repos in two different projects in VSTS Git/Azure Repos and integrated PowerShell with VSTS Builds.
- Experienced in database technology such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Worked closely with networking and database teams during major releases and coordinated with the team for troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
Environment: & Tools: Azure, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Python, Bash Scripts, Shell Scripts, YAML, SQL, Git, Maven, ELK, Splunk, Nagios, Power shell Ubuntu, RHEL, Java, PHP, Ruby, Jira.
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Created and configured AWS EC2 instances using preconfigured templates such as AMI, RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu as well as used corporate based VM images which includes complete packages to run build and test in those EC2 Instances
- Used AWS Cloud Formation and AWS Ops Works to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and ChefSpec and used Ohio to collect attributes of node.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with Chef, migrating the application using MAVEN as build tool.
- Worked on AWS & Open stack cloud to provision new instances. S3 Storage Services. AWS EC2 & Cloud watch services. CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Implemented continuous deployment and environment provisioning using Ansible by installing packages on remote agentless nodes through Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles. Customized file modules in Ansible playbooks to copy, remove, modify the files on agentless remote servers from ansible control serve.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Created and maintained continuous Integration (CI) using tools Bamboo over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Puppet, Bamboo, and Open stack in Linux environments. Managed Roles and profiles for various technology stacks in Puppet.
- Created featured, develop, release branches in Bit Bucket (Git) for different application to support releases and CI builds.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Built and maintained monitoring and notification systems and troubleshooting tool sets for complex environments. Used NAGIOS Tool for monitoring the network.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing custom Nagios monitoring, notifications and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using Shell Scripting and add-ons.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and text test playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible scripts to provision Dev servers and responsible for writing/modifying scripts using BASH & Shell.
- Worked on changing the application run time process using python scripts for WebLogic configuration and shell scripts for database configuration.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Red hat Linux Windows and Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, and TCP wrappers, NMAP. Maintained Samba File
Environment: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, ANT, Bit Bucket, Team city, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ruby, Nagios, JBOSS, Shell Scripts, Python, Nginx, Apache, UNIX, WebLogic, MySQL.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experience in writing puppet manifests to automate configuration of a board range of services.
- Configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution. Maintained track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- As Devops engineer in my team I have a responsibility in configuring Jenkins jobs in such a way that fetches source code from Git repository. And Configured Jenkins with maven build tool in generating war/ear files and archived them.
- Creating Jenkins jobs and distributing load on Jenkins server by configuring Jenkins nodes which will enable parallel builds. and Managing Jenkins artifacts in Nexus repository and versioning the artifacts with time stamp.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and Continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml. Used ANT as a build tools on projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Able to create scripts for system administration using languages such as BASH and Python. Developed BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate Cronjobs and system maintenance. Scheduled Cronjobs for job automation.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Conducting meetings with developers and managers to resolve merge issues during build and release.
- Development branches and Solving various .Net application issues, providing various technical solutions for .Net.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Kickstart for Linux Servers and Jumpstart for Solaris. And Managed Linux servers running Applications and installing software and Patch depots on Linux servers.
Environment: & Tools: GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Puppet, Shell Scripting, Python, Splunk, Nexus, Bit Bucket, Team city, Maven, Ruby, Nagios, Shell Scripts, Nginx, WebLogic.
Build Release Engineer
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment..
- Automated the Build & Deployment environment end - to-end using Jenkins and Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects and Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins.
- Troubleshooted and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process and Isolated and reported bugs using Jira, verified fixes through regression testing.
- Setting up the Build environment across different applications using Irequest and maven.
- Setting up the auto deployment process for different applications in different environments and implementing the auto deployment process and Installed Puppet Agent and configuring the Setup in the target Server.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked with Source Code Management System Git/Bitbucket and with build manager for Java projects Maven.
- Maintained 24/7 high volume availability demands using open source tools such as Linux, MySQL.
Environment: & Tools: Maven, Open stack, Ansible, Jenkins, Jira, Jenkins, Linux, Web logic, Subversion, Shell scripting
- Prepare specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Installed Redhat Linux using Kickstart and applied security patches for hardening the server based on the company's policies.
- Created users, manage user Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers and Create file transfer server for customer data exchange.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities and Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server and Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team and Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment and Design, build, and maintain production servers and RAID storage system.
Environment: & Tools: Red Hat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, HP-DL585, Oracle 9i/10g, VMware, Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, shell scripting.