- Predominantly 7+ years of experience as DevOps & Cloud Engineer, Build and Release engineer, Linux system administrator in solving the typical problems and deployment operations required in different environments and supporting development.
- Knowledge in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2 , S3 , Route 53 , Amazon VPC , Application Load Balancing , Elastic Load Balancing , Redshift , Cloud Formation, Security Groups, S3, SNS and Lambda Functions .
- Proficiency in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war, rar, jar & exe from source code.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and Build Automation using Jenkins , Bamboo.
- Integrated Jenkins to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery. Expertise in all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing and scaling Jenkins , integrating Code Analysis , Performances Issues , Analytics and Test Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins .
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline for Micro services / APIs.
- Deployed & maintained prod environment using AWS EC2 instances and ECS with Docker .
- Experience with master - minion architecture for Docker container orchestration using Kubernetes .
- Developed and deployed Ansible, Chef & Puppet based on their cookbooks, recipes, manifest and roles.
- Experience on developing cookbooks for the automation of software installation and configuration of customer infrastructures.
- Create clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes(k8s). Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Devised shell, Perl, Bash, Groovy and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Hands on experience on Terraform in building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as Code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Installed and Setup Git/SVN Repository (Version Control System) at client side.
- Deployed Ansible and Jenkins to completely provision and manage EC2 instances and S3.
- Created Ansible playbooks for installing Nginx, Apache Tomcat web servers, MySQL DB server and WordPress (Content management tool).
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet .
- Experience in using different Artifactory Repositories like Nexus, Jfrog.
- Installed and Setup Web Server (Apache Tomcat, JBoss), DB Server (MySQL).
- Good knowledge on working, running SQL database scripts used as part of build and deployment processes.
- Managed Splunk, Nagios and CloudWatch to monitor critical system health, performance, security, disk usage etc.
- Having good experience in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- As a DevOps engineer in the current project, coordinated with Offshore and Onsite teams to get the work done on time and reach the project goals.
- Provided on-call support as scheduled and provide support to other on-call support people for critical incident where expertise help would be required.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x,7.x), WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/ VISTA/7, UNIX - Sun Solaris v 9, 10, Ubuntu 12.x,13.x,14.x,15.x
Scripting Languages: Groovy, Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, YAML, Power Shell Scripts
Web/AppServers: Apache, Nginx, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere, LAMP, Jetty
Project Tracking/ Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, IBM Clear Quest, Crucible
Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt: Stack
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, UDeploy
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack
Virtualization/Container: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, VMware
Database: MongoDB, CassandraDB, OracleDB.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Configured and maintained AWS services like Amazon EC2 , ELB , Auto-Scaling , S3 , Route53 , IAM , VPC , RDS , Dynamo DB , Cloud Trail , Elastic Cache , Glacier , SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front and EMR.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which include web servers , ELB , Cloud front distribution , EC2 , security groups , S3 bucket and application configuration .
- Set up AWS Security Groups which behave as Virtual firewalls controlling the traffic by allowing it to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances. Used custom alarm's in CloudWatch to create dashboards in Splunk applications monitor.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Created Terraform scripts to provide application load balancers in AWS and to create and delete S3 buckets. Worked in interpolating files & modules of created Jenkins jobs containing Terraform code.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from development through production, easing the code deployment and pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Worked on Jenkins build pipeline jobs using groovy script and job DSL plugin for deploying applications based on Node.js, .NET , and Java .
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMI’ s used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling and Cloud Formation Scripts .
- Responsible for automated deployment of Java application in Tomcat Server using Ansible scripts .
- Used GitHub as a version control tool to preform programs check-out and check-in from and to the repository.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs for automation and system maintenance in time to time.
- Wrote Bash and python Scripts to include Boto3 which is provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI’s and scheduling Lambda for routine AWS tasks.
Environment: - Amazon EC2, ELB, S3, Elasticsearch, Lambda, Terraform, Chef Server Enterprise, Ansible playbook, ruby, AWS Code Pipeline, Jenkins, Node.js, .NET, Docker, Kubernetes, JSON, Logstash and Kibana (ELK), Cloud Formation Scripts, Python scripts .
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Azure DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Administrator on Microsoft Azure , involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure (IaaS) by creating Azure VM ’s. Migrated Virtual Machines and applications from cloud premises to Azure. Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Developed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) for secured VNets and subnets. Launched Virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets for the use of Internet in Azure External Load Balancer .
- Worked on Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process.
- Used Azure Container Service to deploy Kubernetes cluster in Docker Containers. Deployed Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) in managing CI/CD for containerized applications to serverless Kubernetes.
- Added a full CI/CD pipeline to your AKS cluster to an automated routine task and set up a canary deployment strategy to detect failure.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to the Nexus repository.
- Worked on Installating and configuring Nexus repository manager for sharing artifacts between internal teams and created proxy Nexus repositories to speed up the build process.
- Extensively worked on Ansible deployments, written various Ansible playbooks with multiple roles, tasks with loops , templates , service management, host variables, group variables etc.
- Maintained build related scripts in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM .xml. Experienced in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using Maven.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins to run to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery. Expertise in all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing and scaling Jenkins , integrating Code Analysis , Performances Issues, Analytics and Test Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins .
- Provided quick solution to Azure teams for self-servicing data maintenance operations, which uses SQL Master Data Services. Configured and setup SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) for self-serving data maintenance across different teams.
- Used Chef Server Enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing ruby scripts in Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec. Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana for log analytics, full text search and used application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Worked on implementing backup methodologies by Power Shell Scripts for Azure Services like Azure SQL Database , Key Vault , Storage blobs , App Services .
- Automated the applications and databases like MYSQL, NoSQL by deploying them Docker by using Python and monitored them by using Splunk.
- Worked on Splunk as monitoring tool and good understanding on Zabbix and Kibana . Configured Splunk forwarder to send unnecessary log events to " Null Queue " using props and transforms configurations to reduce license costs.
- Implemented Nagios and Splunk monitoring solution for mission critical server. Authenticated Splunk with LDAP for user accounts/groups creation and bindings of LDAP groups to Splunk .
- Monitored the servers using tools like New Relic and Nagios and providing 24x7 on call support rotation basis. Debugged and solved complex Splunk Integration challenges and Splunk configuration issues.
Environment: -Microsoft Azure, MAVEN, Azure Container Services, Splunk, LDAP, Zabbix, Kibana, Azure SQL Database, SQL Server, Maven, Power Shell Scripts, SQL Database, MYSQL, Docker, Python, Zabbix, Kibana, Null Queue, New Relic, Nagios, Splunk Integration/configuration.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- Worked on designing and deploying a multitude application by utilizing almost all the main services of the AWS stack (like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Lambda and Cloud Formation) and focused on high availability, fault tolerance environment.
- Created Cloud Formation template for main services like EC2, VPC and S3 for reuse the current environment.
- Worked with IAM to manage the users and groups. Used IAM to assign individual policies and roles to each users and group as per requirements.
- Designed high availability environment for Application servers and database servers on EC2 by using ELB and Auto-scaling.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins server automatically attempts to build.
- Worked on Docker container leverages on Linux containers that has the AMI baked in. Converted the staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Integrated Jenkins with GitHub private repositories to build Artifact’s to the repository by using Automation tools (Maven and Ant) for pushing successful build code. By writing Shell Scripts for running the unit test on different occupations on Jenkins.
- Used Puppet as a Configuration Management Tool (CMT) for Modules and Manifests. Automated Puppet for configuring, deploying various application.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provision and isolated Docker images for reducing the time between provision and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Developed and implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet. Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management for an existing infrastructure.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
- Build/Deploy consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines, Ant, Maven
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds.
- Set up the Linux cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Used Cloud Watch for monitoring AWS cloud resources and the applications that is deployed on AWS by creating new alarm and enabling notification service.
Environment: -Jenkins, Java, Ant, Maven, GIT, OpenStack, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Chef, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Pipelines, Linux Cron jobs.
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development , QA, UAT and Production . Performed regular builds and deployment of the packages for testing in different Environments.
- Managed and improved build systems for integrated test automation framework , providing support for continuous. Build nightly and milestone build across multiple streams of development and assisted developers with the timely resolution of any build failures .
- Assisted with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts , and maintained the source control system and manage the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Build artifacts ( WAR's and EAR's ) to deploy into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST to Shell Scripts.
- Migrated client's application from a physical data center environment to AWS cloud utilizing relevant services (Including Cloud formation, VPC, EC2, R53, S3, RDS, ELB, SNS, SES, IAM, CloudWatch, cloud trail ), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance , auto-scaling and disaster recovery .
- Setup the Chef servers, chef workstations, chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes for software configurations management.
- Focused on Infra as a code and deployment approach using agile practices and the implementation of processes, methodologies and techniques configured for the specific project
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion . Used MAVEN to automate the build process. Build and deploy J2EE application in Web Sphere .
- Responsible for scaling/upgrading/maintaining the application and created custom developer tools and workflows for testing and releasing Puppet code.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the Artifacts . Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL Queries with SQL as RDBMS Database.
- Support Production/development and Testing systems, UNIX system upgrading and UNIX Network configuration.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into TortoiseSVN . Responsible for configuration of XML build and verifying source file into the correct releases and mapping it to the checksum concept
- Responsible for contributing reasonable changes in the lead retrospective meetings and on the usage of JIRA tool to track the changes.
- Installation and configuration of Window servers 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 Virtual Machines in the ESXi host clusters.
- Components and upgrading VMware Tools . Migration of ESXi host and VM's across datacenters. Implemented software enabled raid configuration ( LVM ).
- Worked on LDAP console, wrote shell scripts to automate LDAP tasks. Implemented local/remote user authentication service ( nis , LDAP ).
- Involved in Installation, Configure and Maintenance of the WebSphere application server on AIX environment.
- Installation and Configuration of RedHat Enterprise Linux environment. Configure and implement OS level virtualization with Solaris Zoning and VMware .
- Use Jump start for OS installation with support of Jump Start server . Configure large file system with Solaris ZFS . Excellent Experience in Installation. Configured Volume/File system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM ) in Linux and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) in Solaris .
Environment: -Development, QA, UAT, AWS cloud, Red hat, Cloud formation, CloudWatch, Chef, Maven, LDAP, SQL, VMware Tools, LDAP, LVM, UNIX, Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), VMware.
- Performed system administration of UNIX servers by using Operating system of Solaris 2.7/8 Managing Sun Solaris, Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Installation of patches and other software package Disk and File system management through solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for another flavor of UNIX
- Managed Disk File Systems, server Performance, Users Creation and granted file access Permissions.
- Created groups, added Users ID to a group as a primary or secondary group, removing Users ID from a group as well as adding users in Sudor’s file.
- Created logical volumes, backups, manage large hard disk farms and resized disk partitions using Logical Volume Manger (LVM).
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Performed tasks on F5 load balancer like installing and renewing SSL s and bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of the server pools.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, creating profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Developed by using custom scripts using Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Configuration and maintenance of NIS, NFS, DHCP and DNS Servers on Solaris.
- Implemented password less (SSH) Authentication between servers.
- Disk Management Utility. Used daily for file system creation and file system management.
- Worked in Qmail MTA Installation and Configuration.
- Patch and package administration for installation of patches as per the company policy and installation of packaged application
- Experience in BIOS UPGRADE and OS installations and configurations and maintenance.
- Production support of Apache, PHP, My SQL, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems.
Environment: Redhat Linux, Sun Solar Smart stations, Switches, VMware ESX, Oracle, Apache Web Server, Sun Java System Web server 6.0, Veritas Volume Manager, BigIP, Oracle, DNS, NFS.