- Whether it’s automation, Cloud, or DevOps, “The only thing that is constant is change” and Confidential has been at the forefront of guiding customers and organizations through that change.Advising fortune 500 companies, Confidential has been working in large scale data center, hosting, and cloud environments for the past 15 years.
- At every level in his career Confidential has worked to standardize advanced technical processes in order to scale through less experienced team members.
- As solutions became more complex, Confidential continued to push boundaries by creating automation scripts and dynamic configuration templates to ensure successful deliver of new or complex technologies as well as successfully migrating complex projects and workloads.
- Confidential 's solutions have included deep DC disaster recovery for government agencies, development of cloud and datacenter solutions for large multinational organizations, and robust automation and orchestration solutions for customers with very dynamic environments and stringent service level agreements.
- Rounding out this experience with a focus on security, Confidential has helped CISOs and security teams meet the dynamic needs of today's business environment in robust ways with leading edge technologies. While working with a premier global security partner, Confidential has helped companies recognize deeper visibility and wider adoption of security best practices through automation and DevOps type frameworks.
- Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Docker (Containers)
- Kubernetes / Mesosphere / Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Traefik / NGINX
- Advanced Wide Area Network design
- Routing EIGRP / OSPF / BGP
- MPLS / VRF
- KVM / OpenStack / Neutron
- Cisco ACI / CliQr
- VMware NSX / VRA / VCO
- Micro - Segmentation
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Converged / Hyper- converged Infrastructure
- NextGen Firewall: Palo Alto / Check Point / Fortinet
- NextGen End Point: Bit9 / Cylance / CrowdStrike / TrendMicro
- Advanced Regular Expressions
- TCL / Expect
- APIs: NetConf, REST, JSON
- Elasticsearch / Kibana / Logstash
CLOUD / DEVOPS - PRINCIPAL TECHNOLOGIST
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Created Reference Architecture and built Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for containerization platform utilizing Docker and Mesos as well as Kubernetes.
- Mentored team of Principal Consultants in new and emerging technologies around Cloud and DevOps. Developing Pitch Decks and leading strategy sessions, as well as developing go to market strategy.
- Sold and lead ‘Envisioning’ workshops for IaaS, Hybrid Cloud, and PaaS. Worked with C-level executives to align business objectives. Developing Technical Roadmap, migration strategy and high and low level architecture designs to support critical business initiatives.
- Created demo for VMworld presentation on NextGen Cloud Strategy utilizing vCloudAir.
- Led Cloud Security Workshop for significant account. Increasing customer trust and account penetration by showing thought leadership within field.
- Worked on the reference architecture, standardizing and working to automate the deployment process for Cisco ACI, CliQr, Mantl platform.
ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT - CLOUD SME
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Speaker and presenter for leading edge technology and integration, specifically addressing automation and orchestration opportunities for legacy work flows and environments.
- Developed designs and architectures for security and tool solutions as a pre-sales engagement for customers.
- Consulted on paid engagements for NextGen DataCenter and Security Gap analysis. Assisting organization in understanding the state of the industry, identifying internal business, and developing a goals and strategy around NextGen technologies.
- Developed Professional-Services solutions for internal deliver teams around automation and orchestration of infrastructure with granular controls.
- Consistently saved failed and failing cross platform solutions by assisting in the integration from a technical perspective, as well as assisting in communication from technical to non-technical and between technical towers.
- Involved in vendor meetings to create a feedback loop for customer issues and requirements, as well as vetting of vendor solutions.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Technically involved in the success of a 10 million dollar tech refresh of critical hospital infrastructure with minimal down time utilizing automation scripts to ensure reachability of end devices and dynamically migrate the configurations of legacy End-of-Life hardware with zero outstanding errors.
- Proactively resolved end user application issues by setting of automated polling of network interfaces for errors and congestion.
- Deeply involved in the merger and acquisition of new organizations, overseeing the migration to national standards as well as tech-refresh of aging equipment.
- Designed and performed stress testing of new technologies to ensure that performance fell within our requirements, SLAs, and the technical documentation of the vendor.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Senior network architect
- Customers were very large multi-national companies implemented, and maintained very complex cloud-based, WAN, and Datacenter networks.
- Developed templates and standards for implementation engineers to use after primary and pilot sites were successfully migrated.
- Automated provisioning of devices by writing scripts with network automation tools to create configurations, standardize testing, and document the network.
- Implemented cloud hosting multi-tenant environment for customers.
- Designed and implemented Converged Infrastructure with Cisco networking, VMware virtualization and EMC storage within a vBlock architecture.
- Worked with customers to gather requirements, preconfigured equipment, and deployed equipment to customer sites.
- Worked on auto provisioning scripts to increase speed and accuracy of deployment configurations.
- Utilized industry standards and Confidential best practices to provide a stable and robust converged infrastructure platform which exceeded customers’ virtualization and computing requirements.
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
- Wrote provisioning scripts for Cisco 6509 to Nexus 7000 core migration with 0 down time supporting new technologies, such as VPCs, and increased 10 Gig ports density, resolve key differences in OS version and syntax.
- Engineered and implemented the migration of one of our largest customers from redundant leased lines at each of our major sites to a robust MPLS infrastructure. This increased the customer’s scalability and is estimated to decrease their annual service provider costs by over $200,000.