- Overall 8 +years of experience in Build and Release and DevOps Engineering in Automating, Building, Deploying, and Releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
- Created SCM Process, Policies, Procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow SQA teams to Release or deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Worked on SDLC Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and other processes.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, Cruise Control Hudson, Bamboo.
- Extensively experienced in using Build and Automation tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge other build tools like MS Build.
- Handled environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, TFS, Github, Serena Products, ClearCase, Docker, Build Forge, Serena PVCS, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss, and Linux etc.
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Used scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Atlassian and CF Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Implemented the Master slave architecture to improve the performance of Jenkins.
- Installed Chef - Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell/bash and Batch Scripts. Good knowledge on ITIL Process and have worked on coordinating releases across the projects.
- Experience in using GIT and Rational Clear Case on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Experience in building and deploying Java & SOA applications and troubleshooting the build and deploy failures.
- Experience with administrative tasks with CI tools like maintaining configurations and backups and maintain high availability.
- Worked with Make, Ant and Maven Build tools in Java and CPP Environment.
- Experience in Load balancing, DNS, SSL and firewalls.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, PL/SQL and MY SQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, Jira, Servicenow and Clear Quest.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Good experience on Linux environments.
- Created CM Plans and Test Plans for Applications.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Ability to work successfully as part of small to medium sized team or independently.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and quick problem solving skills.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and a proactive team player
Host OS: Windows 2K/XP/7/8, Linux - Ubuntu, MacOS, Red hat, CentOS
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker
Version Control System: GIT, GITHUB and SVN
Build Tools and IDE: MAVEN, ANT, Eclipse, Gradle
CI tools: Jenkins/Hudson, GoCD
Languages: Shell Scripting, Python, Bash
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Mongodb
SDLC: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum
Containers: Docker, S3, Glacier
Cloud (IaaS): Cloud Computing concepts and AWS EC2
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Kibana, AppDynamics Nagios.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
AWS Devops Engineer
- Support the platform development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
- Implements and maintains system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
- Enable DevOps by moving code from Dev/ Test to Staging and Production. Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline
- Monitoring automation to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex infrastructure and systems issues as escalated
- Systems Engineering Knowledge (Infrastructure environment, Operating Systems, Hardware, Network, software)
- Familiarity with database technologies, SQL, Oracle some SQL programming knowledge
- Plan for disaster contingencies and be prepared to act if a disaster occurs. (DR)
- Deploy new code to production servers and coordinate with affected parties
- Manage schedule of OS patches and upgrades, upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Ensure system software and hardware is upgraded as needed in coordination with the development team
- Manage hardware escalations. Coordinate and communicate with impacted parties Resolve to conclusion infrastructure related issues
Environment: CentOS 7, Windows 7 Professional, CICD, Oracle 11g, SQL server, .Net, Web Logic, IIS, PowerShell, S3, RDS Elastic, Route 53, SQS, Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Sonar, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Sphere, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Ruby, XML, UNIX, Oracle10g, 11g, JIRA, Python, Cloud Formation templates, Terraform Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Nexus, ANT, MAVEN, Kubernetes, Agile team, SAAS
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Designing, implementing and supporting Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
- Virtualization/Containersation using Docker
- Supporting globally distributed engineering teams building and testing on Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Maintaining the source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
- Virtualization/Containers: Vagrant, VMware, AWS, Docker, Azure and GCP
- Automatic scaling though GCP
- Experience in deployment, configuration and support of Platform as a Service (PAAS) provider solutions like "Pivotal Cloud Foundry".
- Used shell scripts to automate jobs.
- Experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to bring up Jenkins continuous integration server. worked on CI through Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Implemented all the build and deployment scripts which execute the automated CI and release management process.
- Focused on automation and continuous integration. Automated local development environment using chef.
- Worked with GIT and Subversion to manage source code.
- Involved in troubleshooting issues related to applications, and systems
- Running Background Tasks With Batch-Jobs through Kubernetes
Environment: Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, puppet, Jenkins, JIRA, Ant, Maven, Git, CentOS, AWS, and Red hat Linux and Windows, Amazon Web Services, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Puppet, Jenkins, Linux, Redhat, Ubuntu.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare Vm's as required in the environment.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Involved in building own Paas with Docker; deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins.
- Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- LeverageAWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Defined branching, labelling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Installed and Configured Puppet Master, Puppet Console and Puppet Agents.
- Creating manifests and classes in Puppet for automation.
- Automated Linux production server’s setup using Puppet scripts. Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins.
- Designing and implementing container orchestration systems with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using puppet to collect data from all EC2 systems into Splunk.
- Authored Chef Cookbooks for automating the deploy processes web application on tomcat server.
- Monitoring services and Configuration and errors in application log using tools like Nagios, Introscope.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail), GIT, EBS, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, ANT, Splunk, Jira, AWS CLI, Liquibase, Google Cloud Platform, Nagios, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed and developed Puppet modules responsible for deploying AWS.
- Managed Servers and Reports using Puppet through host groups and puppet modules and manifests.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Created VM snapshots using nova and glance to backup application state into glance images periodically.
- Implemented the application using Jakarta Struts Framework which is based on Model View Controller design pattern.
- Setting up build server for continuous integration with Jenkins for daily/nightly and weekly based builds.
- Communicating with Development teams in advance for all PRODUCTION releases planned.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration infrastructure and automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments
- Participated in after hours on-call rotation to support Ops performs deployments on PROD environment
- Server configure management via Puppet or Chef
- Worked with multiple development teams to troubleshot and resolve issues
- Integrated Selenium automation regression test suite in Jenkins build pipeline
- Knowledge with Source Code Management and Project Management tools (i.e. Subversion, GIT)
- Worked with Puppet and Chef which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows
- Implemented comprehensive cloud monitoring and incident management solution using Cloud kick, Data dog.
Environment: Amazon web services, Verizon cloud services, Docker, Jenkins, Arti factory, Maven, GIT, GIT Hub, Chef, SVN, Jira, Linux, Puppet.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
- Responsible for Remote Linux Support with more than 400 servers.
- Installed, configured, troubleshoot, secured Linux servers and also product servers.
- Created and modified application related objects, created profile, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Managing users like creating, deleting and granting proper privileges and managing system security.
- Installation and configuration of Apache Web Servers.
- Managed GIT as Source Control Systems.
- Installed and configured SSH server on Red hat/ CentOS Linux environment.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Installed, administer prepare and maintain code for various applications and configured Jenkins Continuous integration tool.
- Used ANT, MAVEN to perform daily and weekly software builds.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Create new EC2 instance to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters
- Create instance via Jenkins with EC2 plugin and integrate nodes in Ansible and Integrating bucket with Jenkins for backup of code
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Tracking JIRA tool for live defects and change request's.
- Integrated crucible with Jira.
- Used Struts framework to generate Forms and actions for validating the user request data.
- Creating the complete setup with core network running on another machine.
- Implementation of code for several modules.
- Debugging the issues reported from various stakeholders.
Environment: Linux, HP-UX (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP- UX/AIX), centos, DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP, SCM, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Vagrant.