Around 8 years of experience in Linux/Unix and DevOps Engineering having worked with a variety of platforms including Build and Release management processes and deploying applications by adopting DevOps practices such as Continuous development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) in runtime environments with various tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and managing cloud services with AWS, VMware and other Cloud providers.
Cloud Services: AWS EC2, S3, IAM, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Block Storage, RDS, CloudFront, DynamoDB, VPC, Security groups, NACL, VPN, Auto Scaling, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Lambda, Athena, Glue, SNS, Cloud Trail, RDS. VMware 6.5. AZURE.
CI/CD Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Jenkins, Vault, TeamCity, Terraform.
Build and Version Control Tools: Ant, Maven, GIT, GitLab, SVN, Bit bucket, JFrog Artifactory, VSTS, Nexus, Stash 3.x, Docker Hub, Confluence.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes.
Incident, Logging and Monitoring tools: JIRA, Nagios, New Relic, Zabbix, Splunk, Kibana, Pfsense, ReDash.
Application/Web Server: Apache Tomcat 9.0/8.5/8.0, Oracle WebLogic server 12c/11g/10g, IBM HTTP server 9.0/8.5/8.0, IBM WebSphere application server 9.0/8.5/8.0, Fortinet Firewalls.
Databases: MySQL 8.0/5.7/5.0, Oracle 12c/11g/10g, IBM DB 2 10.5/9.0/8.2 , MS Access 2016/2012, MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , DynamoDB, Gluster Storage.
Languages: C, Java, PL/SQL, PowerShell, .NET, Bash, Shell, Python.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x/6.x/5.x, Ubuntu 17.04/1 .04, CentOS 7.x/6.x, Windows 2012/2008.
Confidential, Woburn, MA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Installation and administration on RHEL, CentOS which includes testing, tuning, patching and troubleshooting day to day activities.
- Architect and manage the infrastructure of Linux environment in excess of 750 Virtual machines.
- Implemented CICD Pipelines in TeamCity and GIT CI. Configured Slack notifications from AWS.
- DevOps Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Introduced Amazon CloudWatch agent into all environments to monitor the the VM’s health and for root cause analysis and capacity planning meetings.
- Created cloudwatch dashboards for all the services by using terraform.
- Designed a logging mechanism for all the Virtual machines in DEV, OPS and PROD environments to off load the system and application logs from the VM’s to S3 buckets using S3cmd tool which helped in cost optimization.
- Creating/modifying User accounts on MySQL and Aurora databases for all the environments.
- Develop Shell, Python Scripts, terraform templates and other kinds of Infrastructure - As-Code to automate the provisioning and maintenance of large-scale environments and configuration management.
- Developed a packaging shell script for fetching the artifacts from external sources to internal repo.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day server related issues and problems in terms of hardware, operating system, applications and network.
- Responsible for all software builds and deployments of the java applications onto DEV, CTE and PROD environments.
- Create checklists and documentations in the confluence for all the work done.
- Worked with the Ansible and Salt configuration management tools. Used terraform as orchestration tool for provisioning AWS services dynamically.
- Good experience on Networking in AWS, VPC, Subnets and private networks. Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53.
- Worked with the Data retrieving, analysis and report generation tools such as Athena and ReDash, LogViewer.
- Migrated Core applications setup from old CERT environment to NEW CTE environment.
- Worked extensively on AWS IAM policy creation/standardization, EC2 Management, Log management.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker containers for the DEV and PROD environment needs and configured automation by writing docker files.
- Created Kubernetes cluster, Nodes, pods by implementing Yaml files according to the requirement.
- Written GitLab CI pipeline yaml files to do a validation test before merging the code to master.
- Responsible for Client, suppliers SSL certificates creation, verification and renewing the expired DEV and PROD environment certificates.
- Written MySQL queries to evaluate the Booking, Shopping, and Ticket printing transactions.
- Creating SSL Certificates and renewing the expired CERT, PROD certs of clients.
- Participate in daily scrum meeting with the Offshore team and resolving the potential issues.
- Responsible for 24x7 On-call support to troubleshoot application and infrastructure alerts.
Environment: RHEL 7/6, CentOS 7/6, Bash, Python, JSON, Node.js, Jira, SVN, GitLab, GitLab CI, SSL, Slack, MySQL, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Zabbix, New Relic, Ready API, Tomcat, PagerDuty, Kubernetes, AWS.
Confidential, Lowell, MA
- Installation and administration of RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows VMs in VMware Environment.
- Managed the Glusterfs distributed file system and replicated the file system across multiple servers for maintaining High Availability without any downtime implications.
- Virtualizing the existing physical servers into VMware environment by using various migration tools including but not limited to Physical to Virtual (P2V) converter.
- Ensured that full documentation exists for all services and solutions in place. Authored or modify existing documentation where gaps exist.
- Designed network architecture in Microsoft Visio by identifying the dependencies and running services in all the production servers.
- Implemented a Chef POC environment for the configuration management. Configured the updates to all the department systems in the university including Physical servers, Virtual Machines, Labs, research servers etc.
- Installed Chef Workstation, Bootstrapping Nodes using knife, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Configured UNIX boxes as slaves in Jenkins by downloading and running the slave.jar and slave-agent. jnlp files.
- Working on the storage area networks, including low-level fiber storage network technologies.
- Involved in configuring and managing the Tomcat, Apache web servers, DNS servers and MySQL, PostgreSQL database servers.
- Integrated GitHub in Jenkins by attaching the web hook and used GitHub as source code repositories and managed GitHub repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Introduced the AWS cloud services into the CS architecture for flexible server provisioning and created IAM roles, groups.
- Worked on the configurations of Zen load balancer for providing high availability by implementing the Round robin standard.
- Experience working with the Pfsense firewall, Configured primary and failover firewall servers.
Environment: RHEL 7/6, CentOS 7/6, Ubuntu 17.04/16.10 , Windows 2012/2008, GlusterFs, Ruby, Bash, Shell, Python, .NET, IMAP, SMTP, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Visio, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, AWS, Chef, Docker, DNS, LDAP, VMware 6.5, Nagios, Zen load balancer, Pfsense.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Provided Continuous support for the features team's in hosting their Application's and API's in Cloud securely by using the DevOps tools.
- Involved on installation, configuration and OS upgrades on Red Hat Linux 7/6, Centos 7/6, Ubuntu 17.04/16.10 .
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines and the automated the end to end process using Jenkins.
- Responsible for managing team for supporting, automating, analyzing, and improving Enterprise upgrades on the cloud infrastructure.
- Installed Chef Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes using knife, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks in Ruby and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Configured Test Kitchen in a pre-production environment to test the cookbooks before deploying to the production servers.
- Performed Ruby syntax checks and chef tests to analyze source code by using food critic tool.
- Responsible for deployment of different artifacts like WAR, EAR, JAR files along with environment specific properties into DEV, QA, Stage and PROD environments.
- Experience in using ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, and Kibana) stack for network and server monitoring, storing the logs and visualizing them.
- Deployed the applications on multiple AWS WebLogic clusters and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities.
- Created Docker images for the containerizing the applications using the Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing & configuring Nexus Repository.
Environment: RHEL 7/6, CentOS 7/6, Ubuntu 17.04/16.10 , Oracle WebLogic server 12c, Java, Ruby, Bash, python, Apache Tomcat, MYSQL, AWS, GitHub, ELK, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Ansible, Nexus, Docker.
- Responsible for deployment of Anti-Virus Definitions and Security updates for the cloud-based email and productivity solutions. Responsible for configuration management, authentication, and scaling problems.
- Installation and administration of RHEL VM’s in VMware Environment. Administration of RHEL 7/6 includes installation, testing, tuning, patching and troubleshooting day-to-day issues.
- Involved in transforming the automation process using ansible flexible process, by integrating GIT, Ansible TOWER and provisioned a full middleware application via one-click automation.
- Involved in Establishing and improving entire Build and Deployment Process across all Environments, and multiple software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Installed the Ansible server and configured the clients in the host’s file of ansible config file.
- Created Roles in Ansible using handlers, variables, tasks and imported the roles from ansible galaxy to configure and deploy the applications.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environment and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including auto scaling and Cloud formation scripts.
- Worked with Ansible and implemented playbooks to deploy applications on JBOSS/WebSphere application server. Experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Worked with Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps within the Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application like LAMP.
- Solid knowledge of requesting/installing SSL certificates, key management.
- Experience working with microservices implementing API functionality using REST, JSON.
Environment: RHEL 7/6, Ubuntu 16.10, Windows 2012, VMware 5.5, Java, Python, Bash, JSON, SSL, GIT, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Nginx, Docker, LDAP, Stash, AWS, Nagios, ELK stack, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins.
Confidential, Irving, TX
DevOps Engineer / System Engin eer
- Responsible for performing DevOps assessments that can handle end to end flow and evaluate Confidential 's processes and tools against DevOps best practices. Provided stable and continuous build and deployment strategy for cloud-based architecture.
- Modeled and automated the End to End Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery pipeline which included building a CI server utilizing tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, and Maven.
- Installed and Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x/6.x, CentOS 6 and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Development of Puppet modules with Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance, Puppet manifests creation, testing and implementation.
- Worked with active-mq server, to setup Mcollective server and agents for parallel job execution systems Infrastructure setup. Managed/Administered Puppet nodes using Mcollective.
- Experience in VSTS integrating the source control systems GITHUB and scheduled Build & Release on the hosted agent application.
- Experience in working with VSTS for publishing the ASP.NET applications into the AZURE.
- Experience working with docker containers in the Production environment.
- Integrated Splunk with AWS deployment using puppet to collect real-time data from all database server systems into Splunk.
Environment: RHEL 7/6, CentOS 6, Windows 2008, Python, Bash, .NET, MySQL, PowerShell, Nginx, Artifactory, Ant, Docker, GITHUB, VSTS, AWS, Splunk, JUnit, Puppet, Jenkins, Jira, Maven.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, Windows and administered activities in test and production environments.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environment.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the SVN Repositories, views, and the access control strategies and Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployments and for hosting tools.
- Designed and developed .NET components using ANT build tool and deployed the applications into WebSphere application servers.
- Installed and Configured Microsoft Visual Studio release management tool as part of deployment automation and used VSTS GIT.
Environment: RHEL 7/6, Ubuntu, windows 2008, Java, Shell, .NET, IBM DB2, WebLogic 10g, IBM WebSphere 8.0, Apache Tomcat 8.5/8.0, ANT, Maven, GIT 1.x, SVN, Artifactory, Jenkins, Bamboo.
Linux Admin / System Engineer
- Installation, Configuration and Operating System upgrades on Red Hat Linux 6/5. Installed VMware ESXi server and created Virtual machines on it.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, ISCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the monitoring tools like NAGIOS.
Environment: RHEL 6/5, VMware ESXi, PowerShell, Subversion (SVN), Apache Tomcat, Python, HTML, PL/SQL, ITIL, Nagios, Shell scripting.