- Overall 6+ years of IT industry experience as Linux Administration, DevOps, Build and Release Engineer in Systems Administration, Configuration Management, and Development, and hands - on experience on various Cloud/IaaS platforms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and experience inSoftware configuration management(SCM), Build/Release Management, performing duties such as automation, deployment, documenting, support, troubleshooting and monitoring in various environments like DEV, TEST, STAGE & PROD.
- Extensively worked on AWS Cloud resources such as EC2 instances, IAM policies, Route 53, Auto scaling, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, SNS, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups focusing on fault tolerance and high availability. Configured and launched EC2 instances in cloud AWS by creating own infrastructure using AWS resources like VPC, Subnets, Route tables and Internet Gateway and knowledge on VPC peering among different VPC’s.
- Provisioned AWS EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancer and Auto Scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and high available systems by writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Experience on Jenkins, ANT, Gradle, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, SVN, Maven and Nexus to build and save the artifacts.
- Extensively worked on kubernetes to orchestrate Docker containers of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex runtime environment.
- Extensively worked on creating Pods and managing docker containers using Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, pulling docker images from docker registrar and managing Docker volume.
- Worked with Kubernetes, running/managing containers, container snapshots and managing images to containerize applications, manage clusters that are running and creating persistent volumes.
- Developed scripts for automation using Python, Bash, Perl and also used build tools to integrate and deploy software releases to multiple environments.
- Worked with Chef EnterpriseHosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed on-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef. Used knife command line tool to manage the nodes, cookbooks, recipes, roles, environments and data bags.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Extensively Installed, configured and administered application servers like WebLogic 10.x/11, WebSphere 7/6, JBoss 4.0.x and Tomcat 7.x/6.x/5.5 of application servers.
- Experience with VMware ESXi, VCenter Server, VMotion, HA, DRS, SRM and AWS. Handled windows and Linux virtual server on AWS EC2 using Puppet server.
- Installation and configuration of RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) builds using VMware templates. Configured and maintained NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server and deployed Windows Active Directory(AD).
- Good working experience on scripting languages like Shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Bash. Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Created JIRA Workflow triggers integration with Bitbucket and managed documentation and stories in Atlassian Confluence for all the resources.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 6.x/7, Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
DevOps: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Openstack
Scripting languages: Shell, Bash, PowerShell and Python scripting
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, RDS
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere,WebLogic
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, SVN, and BitBucket
Virtualization/Containerization: VMWare ESXi, VMWare vSphere, Virtual Center, Docker, Pivotal cloud foundry
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zabbix, ELK Stack, Splunk and AppDynamics
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Responsible for creating the Infrastructure in AWS, Automating the Configuration of the servers, Automating the Release lifecycle, set up the Monitoring and Alerting, Setup the High Availability and the Disaster Recovery, working with the Application, Product and Business teams to test the application flows.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS. This includes Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Managed the CI (Continuous Integration) tool such as Jenkins to automate the daily build processes, also managed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Customized ANT and MAVEN build scripts for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.Worked with Configuring and Administering Repository Managers like NexusArtifactory.Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment using Ansible playbooks and Modules and used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible. Wrote Ansible playbooks which are the entry points for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Ran Ansible Scripts to provision Development servers.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Highly involve in advocating, maintenance and monitoring of Active Directory (AD) services infrastructure and Azure Active Directory (AAD) infrastructure, incorporated with periodic auditing, troubleshooting and performance.
- Migrate Classic Azure Infrastructure into ARM based infrastructure, through templates and scripting, leveraging AzureSDK’s to interact with Azure services from applications.
- Profound in writing advanced PowerShell DCS, ARM and JSONscripts, management of CI/CD (Azure IaaS & PaaS), migrating the compute Instances from one subscription to another subscription or Virtual Networks in Azure Classic and ARM Models.
- Configured Azure storages accounts in classic and ARM models, also involved in configuration of DevTest Labs using Formula, Artifacts and using ARM JSON Templates.
- Created users and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and assigned individual policies to each group. Also, configured Shared Access Signature (SAS) tokens and Storage Access Policies in Azure Cloud Infrastructure.
- Have run multiple virtualmachines instances by using Azure Web roles on MicrosoftAzure IIS server, for interacting with Azurestorage with the help of Workerroles.
- Experience in using of Docker for virtualization, containerizing, and deploying the applications securely to fasten the BuildandReleaseEngineering, performed automation tasks using DockerHub, DockerEngine, DockerMachine, DockerCompose and Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domainconfigurations.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them Scratch designing and preparing which involves several steps like creating nodes, Networks, securitymodels, preparing s, credentials, Docker, Bootstrapping the cluster, API server, Controller Manager, Scheduler, starting cluster Services.
- Deployed microservices, including provisioning AZURE environment. Used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering process.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Gitto setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker Swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Managed containers withKubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Worked with OpenShift, Kubernetesinworkingwith containers, pods, build config, deployment configs, replication controllers, Routes, Services and managed images and Image Streams.
- Experience with Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQLServer 2008/2012/2014 , MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Managed AWS and its services - AWSIAM, VPC, EC2, EBS, RDS, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Initiated alarms in CloudWatch for monitoring server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage and take recommended actions for better performance.Utilized Route53 to manage DNS zones and also assign public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.Adding bucket notification configuration that identifies the event in Amazon S3 to publish and lambda function to invoke.
- Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments and deployment into Tomcat Application server.
- Created Ansible playbooks for automation of file copy, permission changes, configuration changes, path specific folder creation, etc and wrote playbooks using Ansible modules- yum, Copy, File, get url, git, ping, service, template, debug, synchronize.
- Integrated Jenkins with Packer to build the AMIs with latest version of the war file and Middleware like Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic etc.
- Developed Ansible playbooks with various MySQL, MS SQL modules to run SQL Database migration scripts to perform A/B testing with the newly deployed applications in the Staging environment. WebSphere, WebLogic defined in Packer.json file and later triggered the Terraform scripts to create the stack on the AWS cloud environment.
- Experienced in hosting Chef EnterpriseOn-Premise, Installing Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes for infrastructure automation and local development testing, used EC2 as virtualservers to host GIT, Jenkins and configurationmanagementtools.
- Hands-on experience in Writing ChefCookbooks/recipes using ruby and upload them into chef-server to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat and JDK. Managed AWS for EC2, S3, Route53& ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Configured Jenkins to automatically handle deployment and creation of Ansible playbooks in YAML format to spin up and configure application servers like tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Installed and configured Ansible plugin with Jenkins, developed Ansible custom modules to automate various regular maintenance work on AWS Cloud environment.
- Worked with Docker- Docker hub, pulling images from docker hub, running containers based on an image, creating Docker file to manage customized containers, exposing a container with port redirect, container persistence volume management, docker inspect, docker commit to capturing the file changes/settings into a new image and pushing the image to docker hub.
- Configured Docker file with multiple artifacts to create Docker images and push the created images into docker registry. Used Ansible Playbooks to deploy those Docker images to different servers for running the java based applications on containers.
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, and managing the directory structures and managing containers.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Integrated Jenkins with GIT and Maven to create a pipeline of building and deploying the artifacts by pulling Puppet manifests from the version control GIT using webhook and storing them into Nexus/Artifactory.
- Used configuration management tool Puppet to write manifests to maintain consistent configuration across all the servers to avoid configuration drift by installing specific client requested packages.
- Good knowledge in Implementation, configuration, maintenance of open LDAP server and application configured with Apache/Tomcat/Nginx, samba & send mail, Web sphere application servers and postfix mail server for user authentication.
- Configured and maintained GIT source code tool and created branches, tags and merged in GIT repository and triggered push and pull requests from Jenkins. Automated the weekly deployments using CI tool Jenkinswith integrated GIT version control system to automate the code check-out process.
- Writing Chef Recipes for deployment on build on internal Data Center Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into AmazonEC2instances.
- Installed Chef to reduce management complexity by defining cookbooks and recipes for installation, file management and application deployment on various nodes.
- Automated deployment of Web and Application servers like WebSphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcaton public and private cloud using CI/CD tools.
- Worked on Software Configuration Management with Branching and Merging methods, Version Control Systems, Integration Management, Build/Release Management and Requirement Management.
- Provisioned build environment for various products in Linux, Ubuntu, SUN Solaris, AIX environments and implemented the Release practice and responsible for pushing builds into DEV/ QA / SIT / UAT.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat and MySQL database for the application team and performed planned weekly and monthly maintenance task on the servers.
- Highly experienced with Windows OS administration and clustering support, VMware related planning, and scoping of physical servers that could be converted to virtualized instances such as Exchange 2007/2010 mailbox servers, Windows based Oracle Database servers and Active Directory servers.
- Designed, Installed, configured VMwareESXi within vSphere4.x and 5.x environments with Virtual Center(VCenter) management, VMware VCloud Director, VMware Data Recovery, VMware Site Recovery Manager, VMware View, Consolidated Backup, High Availability, DRS and deployed VMs through templates.
- Deployed and configured VMware ESXi 5.0 along with Virtual Center Server. Created Datacenters, Clusters,Resource Pools, configured VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler andVMware High Availability.
- Worked with VMware vSphere Update manager on the VCenter server as well as on an individual server component for a linked mode VCenter configuration.
- Built, configured and deployed VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V),Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, and 2012 from VMware and legacy hardware.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System.Applicationand Network problems and performance issues and deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Involved in creating new users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software, directories, and files.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3)andfile servers on Linux servers.
- Enabled Security Socket Layer (SSL) by requesting and generating digital s for implementation of HTTPS between Plug-in and Application Server.
- Worked on network trouble shooting and troubleshooted Backup and Restore Problems creation of LVM’s on SAN using Linux utilities.
- Used cronjobs in managing systems routine backup like performance, upgrades tuning and testing. Wrote shell scripts for monitoring the systems and applications such as monitoring the processes in all the servers, also run cronjobs using cron.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, NFS, NTP, Apache Web Server and SSH.Worked with system, network, security and storage teams to prepare and configure new servers for the environment.
- Aidedfine documentation which allowed the 24/7 operations department to troubleshoot and correct problems without needing to page other employees.