- Over all experience of 6+ years in Automating, Configuring, Integrating and Deploying applications on cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform ( GCP ). As a DevOps engineer and Admin, worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures, enforced automation in build and deployment.
- Experience in architecting and Configuring public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation,IAM.
- Experienced in designing infrastructure in AWS using VPC , Private Subnets, Public Subnets, Elastic Load Balancer ( ELB ), Auto Scaling groups with cooling down policies and NAT Gateway to provide uninterrupted services to the user.
- Highly proficient in creating a serverless architecture to create web pages and host them in S3 buckets and communication between them is achieved through API Gateway and implemented migration process to server less architecture from traditional servers using triggers, API gateways, Lambda functions.
- Experience in Terraform for creating stacks of VPCs, ELBs, Security groups, SQS queues, and S3 buckets in AWS and updated the Terraform Scripts based on the requirement on regular basis.
- Experienced in Azure IaaS , Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and Creating Web-Jobs, Azure Windows server Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell .
- Hands on experience on Backup and restore Azure services. Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, and security policies and routing.
- Experience in Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory, Azure Media and Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Implemented Micro-services using Pivotal Cloud foundry ( PCF ) platform build upon Spring Boot Services and created workflows on TeamCity for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD with PCF .
- Extreme Knowledge in designing GCP to create custom VPC , subnets, Firewall, ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Created GCP 's VPC, network, Subnetworks, VPN and Cloud DNS.
- Leveraged GCP cloud services such as Compute, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts configured GCP App Engine for deploying and scaling web applications and (Firewalls, IP Addressing, Ingress and Egress throughput caps) services developed with Java.
- Experience in Blue/Green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using frameworks such as OpenStack CloudFormation and Terraform templates .
- Experience in designing a Terraform and deploying it in cloud deployment manager to spin up resources like cloud virtual networks, Compute Engines in public and private subnets along with AutoScaler in (AWS).
- Experienced in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure using automation frameworks such as Cloud Formation, terraform Developed terraform scripts to spin up VPC and Subscribe VPC
- Experienced several pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy.
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes .
- Expertise in using Docker including Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, Docker compose, Docker swarm, and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistent flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- Experience in using Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications by encapsulating them in Containers and created virtual images like production environment using Docker by writing Docker compose files.
- E xperiencein GIT as source code repository. Having knowledge on concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags. Deploy and configure Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications.
- Configure Jenkins to build CI/CD pipeline which includes to trigger auto builds, auto promote builds from one environment to another, code analysis, auto version etc. for various projects.
- Best practice in the areas of Jenkins Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins , Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins , integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Experience and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the VSTS. Experience in TFS, Gated Check-ins, and Release Management.
- Experience in using Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines , Maven and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code. Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments . Managing Atlassian products such as Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye, Jira and Stash
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS Created Ansibleplaybooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Good hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool and writing playbooks that automate repetitive tasks, managing changes for critical applications for continuous delivery
- Installed and configured build open stack using puppet scripts . Automated configuration management using puppet it includes setting up hosts for every puppet agent to puppet master.
- Experience with Chef Enterprise hosted as well as On-Premise, installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed On-site applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks .
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen.
- Experience in using various scripting languages like Bash , Perl , Shell , Ruby & Python and utilizing Python scripts for pushing data from MongoDB to MySQL Database.
- Installed and used monitoring tools like Nagios,Splunk and ELKand Managed these tool for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring.
- Expertise in Setting up Splunk, SumoLogic and New Relic monitoring.
- Installing Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, Sun Solaris 9/10/11, Linux 5/6/7 using kickstart servers and interactive installation. Supporting infrastructure environment comprising of RHEL and Solaris.
- Experience working with LDAP Services and using various network protocols like HTTP, TCP/IP, FTP, SSH .
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, GCP.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE), Ubuntu, Solaris, DEBAIN, HP-UX, Windows.
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl and Power Shell.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, TFS, Subversion (SVN), CVS and Bitbucket.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Maryland Owings Mills, MD
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications. Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Creating Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it. Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems
- Configured GCP using Load Balancers, Cloud DNS, and CDN. Set up a GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency .
- Secured the GCP infrastructure with private, public subnets as well as security groups etc., and leveraged the GCP cloud services such as compute, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, scalable systems to handle the unexpected loads.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments. Experience with Terraform to build infrastructure as a code.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple Cloud providers and managing infrastructure. Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Used Ansible to automate Configuration management and written playbooks to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Worked on variousDocker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry. Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Working on Docker Hub, Docker Swarm , Docker Container network, creating Image files primarily for middleware installations & domain configurations.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker , on GCP . Worked with Open Shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters .
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline as code using Jenkins & Kubernetes Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool, and integrated selenium in Jenkins , to perform the automated integration test.
- Providing configuration services on multiple platforms in the test environment running on one or more IT Platforms: Client/server, Jenkins , MS Build, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, and UNIX.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT , Clear Case, Stash, GitHub & Subversion. Created branches, performed merges in version control systems GIT , GitHub , SVN , Stash.
- Worked with development team to migrate ANT scripts to Maven. Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR . Build and deployed scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one to another environment.
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting
- Database administration of MySQL, Oracle or equivalent Data Base programs
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6.1 using kick start servers and virtual Expertise in security hardening (iptables/selinux) major Production Servers, and compiling, building and installing web server-based Linux tools.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on SUSE and Linux servers. Installation, Configuration, and OS upgrades, Kickstart on RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
Environment : EC2,RDS,S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, GCP, Cloud formation, Docker,Kubernetes , Terraform, SNS, EBS, Route 53, ELB, Amazon Machine image, Elastic Bean Stack, Python(boto), AMQ6/AMQ7, Jboss AS 7.0/6.0/5, serena , WebLogic Portal 10.3.5, Shell scripting, Linux, kickstart, MySQL, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Ansible, GIT, App Dynamics, Rundeck, Splunk, New Relic, JBOSS EAP.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Also, deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and services into secure Virtual Networks and subnets.
- Used Azure Terraform to deploy the Azure infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Worked closely with the application and architecture teams to conduct and implement the design in AWS for production and test environment.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications by utilizing almost all the AWS stacks including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM focusing on high-availability, Fault tolerance, and Auto-Scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Created Aws Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT instances to ensure successful deployment of web applications and data base templates
- Worked with AWSS3 services like creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning, and tagging& lifecycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier . Worked on Kinesis for gathering the user input data and log files for security purposes and export them to S3 if needed.
- Worked on Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs , security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers and Docker containers.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal and written recipes and cookbooks for configuring server side through Chef.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.Experience in Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates.
- Deploying multi-stack software builds to various environments (VMs, Cloud instances, etc.) using automation tools like Ansible and Chef, minimizing downtime.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and securing a server with Ansible and Provisioning, deployment with Ansible and Worked on developing Ansible Go Scripts for automating regular task.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos , ISTIO and Kubernetes . Created clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files as well as managed Kubernetes charts using Helm.
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed Release of Helm packages and Scheduled, deployed and managed Container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes .
- Responsible for administrating Jenkins as continues integration and Jenkins Master Slave Architecture to run Jenkins build in remote RHEL Servers. Integrated Apache Kafka for data ingestion.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker Images to the Nexus Repository.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables clients to utilize both GIT and SVN .Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT .
- Utilized Apache Cassandra, NoSQL, Oracle, MySQL database systems and managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Ansible Server .
- Worked on Linux shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principles.
Environment : RedHat Linux 7.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana (ELK), Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Python, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Apache Mesos, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, Nexus, Java, .Net, LDAP, Splunk, GitHub.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Linux and Windows Operating Systems and scheduling Cron jobs.
- Performed Linux OS management tasks which include installing packages using RPM andzypper, creating soft and hard links, YaST for installing and configuration on SuSE operating systems.
- Installed the Operating System on Solaris and Linux servers and blades over the network.
- Built virtualized Linux servers on ESX and blade servers to host multiple applications on same chassis across different server hosts.
- Developed and implemented Software Configuration Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process using Git/GitHub.
- Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem.
- Extensively worked on Configuration management tool Chef, for automation.
- Responsible for Deployment Automation using multiple tools Chef, Jenkins, GIT, ANT Scripts.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and Recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Develop, Maintain, update various script for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, and Cron jobs) UNIX based Korn shell, Bash.Provided 24 X 7 on-call UNIX and Linux Support on a rotating schedule basis.
Environment : SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, Nexus, Bamboo, TeamCity, Python scripting, Linux, Kickstart, Apache Tomcat, Mondo DB, MYSQL, NO SQL, Ansible, Chef, Middlewear, Remedy, Bugzilla, Unix Korn Shell, Sonar Qube, Confluence, Web logic, Kibana, Shell Scripts .
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Assisted in migrating of physical Linux servers to cloud ( AWS ) .Involved in building server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like chef. Used Chef for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server. Written various AWS Lambda services for automating the process of taking EBS Snapshots every day in production environment on the cloud
- All the applications are built using the latest AMI in AWS . Every, it’s ensured that the AMI is updated to the latest version to comply with the security policies and this process is called rehydration of AWS instances without any impact to the application.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks .
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration and for Tomcat, My SQL, Windows applications and versioned them on GIT repositories and Chef Server.
- Deployed Puppet,Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management for existing infrastructure.
- Installed PuppetMaster (Enterprise), Puppet agents, written puppet modules for apache, database setup, create a user, group accounts.
- Administered Bamboo for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/WebLogic Application Servers, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time
- Experience in using TeamCity , Jenkins, Code Deploy for CI/CD pipelines, Experience in Jenkins and TeamCity to automate most of the build related tasks
- Skilled in various Atlassian Bug tracking tools like JIRA , Bit bucket , Bamboo, Confluence and IBM clear quest.
- Authored pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Maveninitialization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Involved in delivery pipeline orchestration (provisioning, configuration, monitoring and deployment) using Python scripting, Jenkins, Chef and in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Created and wrote shell scripts(Bash), Ruby, Python and Power Shell for automating tasks and used Python and PowerShell for all business applications to proactively monitor and trace errors with automated email alerts to various teams internally.
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements.
Environment : AWS, SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, Nexus, Bamboo, TeamCity, Python scripting, Linux, Kickstart,Apache Tomcat, Mondo DB, MYSQL, NO SQL, Ansible, Chef.