- 09+ years of proven IT experience as DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Linux Administrator, Site Reliability Engineer, Build & Release Engineer in SCM, Build/Release Management with continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of end - to-end code configuration using different tools, and cloud services like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, and PCF.
- Migrated on premise Infrastructure on to AWS Cloud using Rehost “lift and shift" methodology and developed Continuous Integration pipeline using Jenkins to deploy a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS services Including VPC,EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic load balancing, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Fully responsible for managing AWS infrastructure services, AWS processes, AWS architecture, implementing AWS Hybrid, AWS VPC, AWS EMR, AWS Confidential, AWS EC2, CLI & Python, Cloud API (boto3), Cloud Front, Auto Scaling, Cloud watch and management solutions, Redshift Architecture, ELB.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation Templates to deploy complete Stack in multiple accounts.
- Developed Continuous Integration pipeline using Jenkins and developed various Bash and Python scripts for deploying the applications on to the AWS Cloud and on-premise VMware vSphere Infrastructure.
- Experience in Azure Platform Development, Hosted Cloud services, Platform as a service and Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Projects And Experience as a cloud platform as a service in various Cloud Related Services like Amazon Web Services, Azure.
- Experience in managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and in Azure Web and Database deployments.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Used Kafka and Akka for building real-time data pipelines between clusters and integrated Apache Kafka for data ingestion.
- Implementation of Release Management automation processes using Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Expert in Implementing Centralized logging using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) and configured for log management within EC2/ECB for Elasticsearch.
- Maintained and developed Docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written Java services running in Azure on Kubernetes.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing application files for use with AWS EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them and installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage containers created by PCF.
- Competence in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS), Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) and Software-as-a-Service (SAAS). Experienced with OpenStack Services such as Compute, Network, Storage, Dashboard, Image, Identity, Monitoring, and Orchestration Service.
- Designed Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and migration from traditional to cloud environment.
- Integrated Ansible playbooks with Terraform modules to combine infrastructure creation and configuration.
- Writing Scheduled jobs and Schedule Imports depends on the requirements in ServiceNow.
- Installed and Configured Chef Server, Workstation, Client servers and nodes, written several recipes, cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages. Deploy and configure Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications.
- Hands on Experience in maintaining Puppet modules to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
- Experience working on AWS ECR, Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Installed Prometheus and Grafana using Helm to monitor the application performance in the Kubernetes cluster.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for build and deployment automation of the daily processes.
- Maintained Bitbucket Repositories which includes Jenkins for Integration, creating new repositories, enabling GIT to ignore, branching, merging, creating pull requests and the access control strategies from Bitbucket and JIRA for the collaboration.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience in creating Nagios Monitoring infrastructure and various Nagios plugins Script based on Perl and Python for checking the health of App servers and for monitoring loads.
- Administered and managed a Splunk server to monitor both Windows and Linux physical and virtual environments.
- Well versed in Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using Python, Ruby, Bash and Perl scripting.
- Experienced with troubleshooting builds issues to support Dev in both .NET and Java applications
- Installed, configured and managed the RDBMS databases like MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Cassandra DB.
- Responsible for the installation of CentOS Linux for new build environment in Virtual Box. Managing all types of installation and upgrade on Linux servers, Installed and maintained CentOS and Linux Red Hat Servers.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, Ubuntu 13/14, Windows 2008 R2/2012/2016
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 7.x/8.x
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Storage: NetApp, AWS EBS, AWS EFS, AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage
Cloud Environments: AWS, AZURE, CloudFormation, Terraform, ARM Templates
SCM Tools: Git, Subversion SVN, TFS, Bitbucket
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, uDeploy, Maven, ANT, Gradle, Spinnaker, Code Build
Automation & container Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Kickstart
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, New relic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Prometheus, Graylog
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP
Virtualization: VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Virtual box
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, PHP, Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Devops/Site Reliability Engineer
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using AWS Cloud watch and New Relic.
- Used AWS Cloud Formation and AWS Ops Works to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, System test and Uat environments for a software development project.
- Implemented and maintained Monitoring and alerting of production and configuration such as EC2 and Storage as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud watch.
- Worked with several teams to transition workflows to Continuous Integration and Delivery model and implemented best practices for utilizing AWS.
- Using Open stack, performed deployment operations on the cloud.
- Develop automation code using Opscode Chef and Python to build Open stack environments autonomously.
- Good knowledge in setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Worked on setting up Helm Chart repository on Amazon S3, JFrog Artifactory and web servers hosted on AWS cloud.
- Worked on Kafka distributed stream processing platform written in java.
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Worked in the agile development team to deliver end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins.
- Designed, architecture & built Chef as a configuration management tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration, and Sensu Monitoring tool to replace Nagios and monitor critical applications & servers health.
- Good knowledge on Web and API Protocols. Setup Docker on Linux server. Worked on deploying Docker application.
- Experience in Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro service-oriented environments for scalable applications
- Experience in developing Microservice's and deploying on Docker containers using Kubernetes, Cloudify and consul.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment of applications in Tomcat Application Server.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, commit, pull and push code to remote repositories in GitHub.
- Expertise to setup, configure continuous build processes using Jenkins, GIT and Maven.
- Working on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using New Relic, Logstash, Elasticsearch and Kibana.
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Involved in 24/7on-call support rotation for all the Environments such as Dev till PROD/Live.
- Upgraded Linux Kernel using yum.
Confidential, Mooresville, North Carolina
- Worked on Designing and approving the AWS architecture diagrams and release models.
- Used AWS CLI command line client and management console to interact with AWS resources and APIs.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations
- Created Roles for deployment of Infrastructure using Opcode Chef.
- Created Deploy-RPM plans through Bamboo to deploy services to respected environments
- Created automation plans in Bamboo to run the builds and release the scripts to various environments.
- Used both GIT and BIT bucket source control systems to manage code.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository for Maven and Ant build.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Expertise in writing Python code for Lambda functions to integrate and automate the tasks
- Used Power Shell script to configure the WebLogic application server in all the environments.
- Able to create scripts for system administration using languages such as Power Shell, BASH, and Python.
- Installation of OAS (Oracle Application Server) on Solaris and its configuration with oracle database.
- Used Apache Tomcat as the application server for the deployment of the code on windows and Linux environments.
- Performed troubleshooting to make VMware tools run on Linux Guest OS.
Confidential, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Build and Release Engineer
- Hands on Experience in maintaining modules to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
- Setup the Jenkins server with complete Maven and vSphere build jobs providing a continuous, automated scheduled QA build environment based on multiple SVN repositories for VMware open virtualization format (ovf) deployments.
- Attended multiple release and planning meetings to provide guidance with external teams.
- Responsible for working with the external Release Management team to ensure deployment and activation notices were properly performed.
- Setting up and maintaining automated build scripts in Jenkins.
- Integrated JIRA and Jenkins with regards to Release Notes creation and updates.
- Created scripts that automate or improve the builds for all client side platforms - iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac using Git and Jenkins, among other tools.
- Automated the deployment process by writing Shell (bash) scripts in Jenkins.
- Investigated build error logs in Team city and Jenkins.
- Used GIT Hub repository to run Jenkins Puppet job for Continuous Integration.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including ANT's build.xml.
- Managed and monitored the server and network infrastructure using Nagios.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Wrote Shell and Perl scripts to take backup oracle database.
- Expertise in installation, administration, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting of RedHat Linux, CentOS.
Confidential, Bethlehem, PA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Used Azure applications, virtual machine images, VM extensions, APIs under Azure Marketplace.
- Exposed Virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure External Load Balancer.
- Worked on Azure Automation Account with PowerShell Workflow Run Books for creating scaling in/Out & Down/up of Virtual Machines & Application services on demand and with daily CRON job.
- Worked on interpreting and modifying Terraform scripts and Ansible scripts to troubleshoot environment issues.
- Created Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven and deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Worked on interpreting and modifying Terraform scripts and Ansible scripts to troubleshoot environment issues.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages and Implemented and maintained Ansible Configuration management spanning several environments.
- Creating VSTS extension factory which will be hosting reusable custom tasks to integrate different tools with VSTS pipelines.
- Experienced with different Infra deployment options with VSTS package management system and Azure .
- Implemented service - transaction acquisition from Kafka stream, time windowing using Redis.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible and Maven in Linux environment.
- Using Prometheus and Grafana is a common combination of tools to build up a monitoring system.
- Built to open standards, Graylog’s connectivity and interoperability seamlessly collects, enhances, stores, and analyzes log data.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and having experience using Docker containers along with Kubernetes as an orchestration.
- Established a local dev workflow that centered around minikube to validate deployments in Kubernetes. Created REST API to store, update, read & delete bucket information on Console using Kubernetes interfaces.
- Configured various plugins in Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs and implemented continuous integration and deployment.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins, Maven as build framework tools.
- Developed and scheduled new Splunk capacity dashboards, data models and performance reports to assist senior management in making business critical capacity decisions.
- Knowledge on deploy from GitHub to Azure Kubernetes service (AKS) with Jenkins continues integration and continuous deployment.
- Create and modify PowerShell and XML files Deployment of SQL components in Microsoft PowerShell scripts Diagnose nodes that have reached an inoperable state
- Involved in the design and development of web application in C#.NET, ASP.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, and notification hub.
- Experience in Systems Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu and Oracle), Windows, Unix/Linux platforms.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
LINUX system Administrator
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Configuring and installing Apache Web Server deployed in Linux environment.
- Used shell scripting to automate procedures for automated deployment in Linux based systems.
- Troubleshoot system boot issues using rescue environment and single user mode.
- Configured networking in both Solaris and Linux, including network bonding and IPMP. Setup central log server for remote logging and Monitored system log files.
- Configure and Administer NetBackup media and master server.
- Configuring and installing Apache Web Server deployed in Linux environment and Implement NFS, Samba, FTP, DNS, and DHCP, on Linux Servers.
- Assisted system support team with onsite technical troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience in set up, configure and trouble shoot, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS, FTP, SSH, NTP, UDP.
- Perform large scale configuration and installation of Red hat instances using kick start
- Experienced on patches installations, upgrades and packages installation on Red Hat Linux servers by using RPM YUM.
- Configured, maintained and administered Linux systems that host build and release engineering apps by constantly monitoring system load and memory consumption.