- Qualified AWS/DevOps Engineer with Seven years of IT Experience, enthusiastic to Cloud automation and Optimization. In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include building, Compiling, Packaging, Deploying, and Application Configurations. Experience with the cloud, as well as DevOps automation development for Linux systems. Seeking for a position in AWS/DevOps, to contribute my Technical Knowledge.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud which includes services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, Lambda, CloudWatch, Elastic Beanstalk, Security Groups, EC2 Container Service (ECS), Code Commit, Code pipeline, code deploy, Dynamo DB, Auto Scaling.
- Experience in developing AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB and security groups.
- Strong working experience in Linux system administration, Shell Script, JIRA, code coverage, Ant, Build and Release management, change management and application packaging.
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as GIT, ANT, Maven, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Jenkins and Docker.
- Experience in managing continuous build, test and deploy processes using Jenkins for continuous integration, configuration management using Ansible for managing the deployments.
- Experienced in working on Linux and Unix based systems like RHEL, Centos and Ubuntu.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for Agile projects.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux containers and AMI’s in addition to creating Docker containers.
- Hands-on experience over Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy applications, environment configuration files, users, packages and proactively manage change. And writing Ansible Playbooks using YAML for maintaining roles, inventory files and groups variables.
- Performed Continuous Delivery in a Microservice infrastructure with Amazon cloud, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in running applications in JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic and IBM Web Sphere.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tools Bamboo and Jenkins for automation of build and deployment process etc.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Expanded Experience in Network Management like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, TFTP and system troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Virtualization and Open Source technologies like VMware, OpenStack, Cloud Stack, Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Worked on Identity and Access Management IAM products to initiate, capture, record and manage user identities and their related access permissions in an automated fashion.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like shell, python, Power Shell, Bash and Groovy.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, continuous integration (Jenkins), configuration management (Ansible), Docker with Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and implemented solutions using VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, Lambda, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling Groups.
- Worked on AWS Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail Services and cloud front to setup and manage the cached content delivery. Created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Storage on AWS EBS, S3 and automate sync data to Glacier. Database services on AWS like RDS, Dynamo DB, Elastic Transcoder, Cloud front, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Developed pipelines for continuous delivery product release, using tools such as Jenkins, and enable release and operations automation using Ansible.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and PowerShell Scripts to automate routine jobs. Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Terraform Templates and Dockerize the infrastructure, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPC.
- Written Ansible YAML scripts to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks to automate the installation of docker-engine, docker swarm cluster.
- Worked with Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, it makes easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Implemented a continuous delivery pipeline with Jenkins, Docker, GitHub and AWS AMI’s so that whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new docker container from it, the docker container leverages the Linux container and has the AMI baked in.
- Worked on deployment automation of all micro-services to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to Docker Swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Worked on Ansible roles to pull the latest successful image from the docker repository through JSON API.
- Created Docker Images using a docker file, worked on Docker Container Snapshots, removing images and managing Docker Volumes, also deployed using Kubernetes.
- Using Kubernetes scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster.
- Integrated SonarQube for continues inspection of code quality based on the required quality criteria simultaneously receive code coverage report and sonar metrics. Designed quality profiles and certain standards are set by installing Quality Gates in SonarQube.
- Used AppDynamics Along to manage application performance on cloud computing environment.
- Designed Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web-applications and database templates.
- Designed and built an ELK stack using Linux and Windows on the backend to pull logs in from application.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack.
- Hands on experience in creating branching strategies, Merging, Tagging and maintaining across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and used webhooks for integrating with continuous integration tools Jenkins, MAVEN and Nugget for generating builds. Nexus for versioning the artifacts before tying it up with a deployment toolchain.
- Worked with Terraform using key features such as Infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graphs, change automation. Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue. Also worked on terraform Windows servers.
- Monitored servers and database’s using monitoring tool Datadog.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure using various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Lambda, Security group, Auto scaling, SNS, SQS and RDS in Cloud Formation templates. Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups. Configured AWS IAM groups and users for improved login authentication.
- Configuring and networking of virtual private cloud (VPC), deployed AWS resources by writing cloud formation templates.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Responsible for Writing and Testing AWS Cloud Formation script on Red Hat Linux for installing, creating profiles, nodes and clustering JBoss EAP.
- Developed the build CI/CD pipeline script using different programming languages like Groovy, Shell and Python and secure them with Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi and Agile methodologies.
- Used and administered continuous integration tools Chef and Docker.
- Managed servers on the AWS platform instances using Chef configuration management. Automated infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Chef cookbooks.
- Created and troubleshooted Chef cookbooks to deploy SCM/CI/CD applications automatically and idempotently to reduce time costs.
- Deployed and configured Chef server, including provisioning of AWS server.
- Deployment of LAMP stack (Linux, Apache HTTP, MySQL, PHP) was automated.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions and Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Finding problems and halting deployment pipelines using Splunk monitoring system logs.
- Documented the test cases related to Splunk, data usage, networking and Splunk pipelines to the business.
- Working with JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes released to all environments.
- Used Prometheus monitoring tool to check code performance and usage metrics in real time. Integrated Prometheus to Grafana to obtain visualized reports.
- Involved in Blue Green deployment to attain minimal down time by running identical environments.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in different phases of SDLC (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Documentation, Testing and Implementation).
- Escalating concerned team about build errors and build issues identified after careful analysis. Coordinate and work with different teams to fix build errors and issues before release.
- Key member of build team to ensure efficient build. Used cache to reduce compile time and redundancies.
- Wrote and maintained ANT scripts to automate build process.
- Worked on continues integration tool Bamboo for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Generating project artifacts by configuring bamboo jobs. Installed various plugins to ensure smooth build and test pipelines.
- Installing, configuring, and administration of Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines. Configured multiple Linux Slaves for Jenkins Master to distribute load across all the nodes and integrated with Maven to schedule builds.
- Administration of Git involving tasks like creating branches, tags, user and group account requirements, resolution of user access issues and handling releases.
- Responsible for data security and maintenance of Git repositories.
- Compiling source code using ANT, packaging them into distributable formats (JAR, WAR and EAR), creating deploy scripts deploying them in WebSphere application server and setting for production release.
- Deployed application packages on to IBM UDEPLOY.
- Managed hosting plans for AWS infrastructure, implementing and deploying workloads on Amazon EC2 Instances.
- Design and implementation of storage and good understanding on implementing images/disks, Hyper-V, VMware technologies and system center components.
- Support for implementing redundant monitoring hosts using Nagios.
- Monitoring that configuration, version and systems are working fine. Setting up a new environment if needed with any Configuration changes.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Configuration and management of Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x using kickstart servers and locally.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM on various Linux distributions.
- Configuring different servers such as FTP, WEB, NFS, SAMBA, Sendmail and Autofs.
- Installing and configuring SELinux using command line interface and managing permissions to files and directories according to requirements.
- Managing routine backups of multiple systems, enabling and disabling corn jobs based on requirements using Linux.
- Enabling system and network logging of server for maintenance, performing tuning and testing using Linux.
- Configuration and maintenance of WebLogic with JDBC, JNMS, JNMI, SNMP and J2EE services. And configured JDBC connection pools and data sources with Oracle 8.i database
- Deploying WAR, JAR, EAR applications in domains and clustered environments.
- Worked on various integration tools like mule soft, Apache Camel, JBoss Fuse, Fuse Fabric and creating Active MQ for enterprise integration using different topologies.
- Installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning of WebLogic Server.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining application Server (WebSphere) and Web Servers (Web Logic, Apache HTTP and Tomcat) on UNIX and Linux.
- Installation and administration of VMware vSphere ESXi environment, optimized architecture and operations implemented VMware SRM by implementing new hardware and software solution and troubleshot performance issues.
- Using Crontab, performed configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade/patches of Linux and UNIX servers.
- Installing and upgrading virtual machine hardware version using VMware tools. Provisioning virtual machines and Deploying virtual machines by cloning from template. Creating and deleting of VM's snapshots.
- Creating data stores and adding LUN’s to ESX/ ESXi host servers.
- Performed different software changes in VMware environment on customer’s servers.
- Installed and configured JBoss Application servers over Apache web server in Linux based systems.
- Installed, Configured and maintained Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu, HP-UX and Oracle Solaris servers on various hardware platforms.
- Configured Kickstart for RHEL (4 and 5) and JumpStart for Oracle Solaris to perform consistent installation through network.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of multi-pathing Solaris and bonding on Linux Servers.
- Created and maintained virtual servers using VMware ESX/ESXi based host and installed guest operating system on guest servers.
- Worked on RPM package manager to install packages and patches for Red Hat Linux server.
- Developed and scheduled shell scripts for automation jobs (cron jobs) like administrative tasks, performance monitoring and troubleshooting tuning.
- Configured and maintained MySQL database for development and production deployment on windows servers.
- Analysis of hardware and software failure for various Solaris servers and troubleshooting them.
- Handled files and directories in Linux using file operation related commands.
- Installed, configured and maintained webservers such as DNS, NIS, NFS, Sendmail on Linux.
- Provided OS system level support to various teams.
- Extensive knowledge over Linux/Windows based systems including hardware, software and applications.