- Experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration.
- Experience in installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux (Red hat, Centos, Ubuntu, CoreOS).
- Strong working experience in a DevOps Environment as a DevOps engineer and worked on various technologies/applications like Puppet, Chef, GIT, Jenkins, Docker and Maven.
- Good Knowledge in Windows batch, Perl, Python, PowerShell and Shel l scripting.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SCRUM, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Good working experience on Syslog and Application Analysis.
- Hands on experience on setup and configuration of the continuous build system using Hudson/Jenkins and running automation smoke nightly test suites.
- Good knowledge on creation and updating of batch files and shell scripts to automate build process, update build tool using Power Shell and Unix Shell.
- Created build pipeline for application versions, using Jenkins Continues Integration.
- Deploying the builds from Octopus to different environments as part of release management.
- Updating the status of the release for the assigned projects and interacting with development team as required.
- Good knowledge on Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Good knowledge on version control through GIT and writing new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from source code.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Good working knowledge on performing a smoke test on applications.
- Experience in maintaining Administrative functions, User management, upgrades, installations, configurations, backup of servers and load balancing techniques for access management tools like Open AM & Open DJ.
- Experience in using load balancing and monitoring with Nagios.
- Exposed to all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn modern technologies quickly.
Infrastructure as Code: Cloudformation, Terraform
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Ansible.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Codeship
Service discovery: Consul, LinkerD
Build Tools: Codebuild, Ant, Maven
Project management: Jira, Confluence.
Version Control: Git, Github, Gitlab, SVN
Cloud Platforms: AWS
Container Orchestrator: ECS, Fargate, Docker, Kubernetes
Testing Tools: Selenium, JUnit, Appium
Virtualization Platform: VMware WorkStation, Vrealize Suite, Oracle Virtualbox, and Vsphere.
Ticketing Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Service manager.
Monitoring Tools: Grafana, Influxdb, Telegraf, Cloud Watch, Nagios, Splunk, App Dynamics, Elastic search, Kibana, Logstash, Zabbix, Grafana, Stack Driver, Dynatrace.
Operating Systems: Amazon Linux, Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6, SUSE), Ubuntu, CentOS
Database: Oracle 11.x, My SQL, SQL Server 2008 and MongoDB.
Programming Languages: Python, Java, C, C++, HTML 5, CSS 3.
Scripting: Python, Bash shell, Ruby, Groovy
Opensource Technologies: Logstash, Kibana, Telegraph, Chronograph, Elasticsearch
Network & Storage Protocols: HTTP, TCPIP, DNS, DHCP
Confidential, Phoenix AZ
- Defined automation roadmaps to the team. Worked with teams to understand their needs and drove them towards CI/CD. Migrated major applications to DevOps standards.
- Defined release timelines and coordinated release from the lower environment to production.
- Managed and Architected more than 3000 virtual servers. Monitored applications and servers through Nagios and App dynamics.
- Designed and developed application build jobs in Jenkins, built and maintained the Jenkins server.
- Installed Maven, Ant, SVN in both Windows and Linux servers.
- Worked on build management tools Ant and Maven for writing BUILD.XML and POM.XML.
- Developed and maintained deploy jobs for application code deployment across all environments.
- Managed configurations of multiple servers using Ansible. Created Ansible playbooks and puppet manifests provision Apache web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache spark and other applications.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Implemented Network Monitoring Tool-Cacti and made daily use of Cacti, Scrutinizer and TCP dump to monitor network health and usage.
- Processed requests for deployments to environments in uDeploy.
- Worked with Bitbucket to store the code repositories, good knowledge in using GIT.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python.
Environment: Linux, Unix shell scripting, Windows PowerShell, PHP, Python, Progress, MySQL, Jenkins v 1.532/1.651/2.8, Maven, ANT, Spring, Puppet, NIXOS, Ansible, uDeploy, SVN, GIT, Nexus Repository, Nagios, Icinga, Cacti, AWS, VPC, lambda, Route-53, RDS, EBS, IAM, EC2
Confidential, GLENDALE AZ
AWS DevOps ENGINEER
- Automated the build and deploy process so that the entire infrastructure can be maintained from anywhere.
- Set up databases in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Installed, configured, administered WebSphere Application Server.
- Managed Nexus repository for the current project created a new repository and provisioned it.
- Maintained and administered the GIT source code tool. Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control systems.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems GIT, GitHub, SVN.
- Experience in working with Unix and Ctrl-M jobs.
- Worked on performance tuning of the JVM to suit the specific application needs.
- Used Chef for application automatic deployment and provisioning to different environments.
- Ensured all steps are successfully completed and documented their completion times and issue logs.
- Configured and automated deployment using Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins.
- Created a continuous integration system using SVN, Ant, Jenkins, chef, Puppet full automation.
- Deployed applications in production using deployment tools (Dimensions).
- Performed daily system monitoring, verified the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provided support to Production, Staging, QA, Development environments for code deployments, changes, and general support.
Environment : Linux, Python, AWS, Shell Scripting, Bit Bucket, Jira, Bamboo, GIT, Nagios, Web services, Tomcat, Puppet Modules.
Confidential, HOUSTON, TX
BUILD AND RELEASE ENGINEER
- As a part of release/build team covering multiple projects across organization installed operating systems Linux, Centos and Solaris according to business requirements.
- Planning, installation, configuration, monitoring, and deployment of Solaris/Linux environments.
- Reviewed and managed Unix Operations Team workloads and supports tickets to ensure correct prioritization and progress.
- Customized Jenkins Plug ins in ordered to integrate with In-house tools. Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Developed Web & Enterprise applications using JAVA and J2EE Technologies.
- Designed a customized status reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and Web Sphere Application Server with DB2 as database.
- Worked as administrator for Clear Case and aided with developers and testers to use Clear Case
- Involved in creating new elements in Vobs.
- Worked on Build Forge for automated build and deploy activities.
- Worked on User Management, Creating/Managing Libraries, Projects, Environments and Schedules in Build Forge for Build and Deploy Automation.
- Co-ordinated with managers and developers to collect requirements as well as resolve code conflicts at the time of deployments to different environments.
- Simultaneously worked with monitoring team, system team, network team, and infrastructure teams.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include providing support for different projects, maintaining the repositories, views.
Environment: Linux, Unix shell scripting, PHP, Python, MySQL, Jenkins v 1.532/1.651/2.8, Maven, ANT, NIXOS, uDeploy, SVN, GIT, Nexus Repository
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Used auto scaling feature and Involved in Remediation and patching of Linux Servers.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Analyzed, defined, and developed build process improvements using TFS 2010.
- Maintain and enhance current build procedures for all software development projects.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Installed and configured Continuum jobs for automating some Build Processes.
- Installed and configured Nexus to manage the artifacts in different Repositories.
- Configured and automated the Hudson Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed LINUX/UNIX and Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Experience in implementing deployment automation in uDeploy.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Trained in Octopus to automate the builds.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
- Used JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
Environment: Subversion, ANT, MAVEN, Java/J2EE, Continuum/Hudson, uDeploy, Apache Tomcat, Octopus, UNIX, JIRA, Perl Scripts and Shell Scripts, Nexus.