- IT industry as DevOps Engineer, Build/Release Management, Network Engineer and Cloud Management in all phases of SDLC like Analysis, Design, Development, Deploying, Testing and Maintenance of various web based applications.
- Experience in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experience as a Cloud DevOps Engineer - AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Worked on many proof of concept (POC) assignments on Amazon Web Services, Chef and Puppet automation tools
- Prepared Dashboards and PowerPoint presentations by extracting data from large databases.
- Design and implement new DB schema and develop ETL pipelines to process large data sets from multiple sources.
- Have good hand-on experience in build and release tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible/ Chef/Puppet, Docker, and AWS.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Vagrant.
- Experience in manage cloud software deployments, with a focus on continuous integration and deployment using, GitHub, Jenkins, SVN, GIT and Maven which requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times a day.
- Experience in working on source control tools like GIT (Git Hub), Subversion (SVN) and Bit Bucket
- Full understanding of SDLC, Agile Methodologies and process.
- Hands on experience of Build & Deployment phase and usage of Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools, build configuration, change history for releases, Maintenance of build system, automation & smoke test processes, managing, configuring, and maintaining source control management systems
- Extensive experience in developing build scripts for MS-build, MAVEN, and ANT tools for building and deploying artifacts from source code.
- Expertise in using Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
- Extensively worked with tools like Jenkins, Docker, Hudson, GIT to implement build automation and Continuous Integration.
- Experience in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Run deck.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Bootstrap various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
- Experience in Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes and Chef Templates
- Good Knowledge in AWS management tools such as (EC2, EBS, ASG, RDS, and Route53) and developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized EC2 instances, ELB.
- H ands-on development experience for the LAMP (Linux, Apache, and MySQL& PHP) development stack.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy and HP Quality Center.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python and Shell scripts.
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven, ANT and Gradle for building of jar, war, bar and ear files.
- Used Debian based Linux servers to install Docker based services, monitor and debug the services.
- Extensively used dpkg services to install different packages and services on the Ubuntu based Debian servers. coordinated Kafka operation and monitoring(via JMX) with DevOps personnel
- Experience in setting up puppet master, puppet agents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Experience in using Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Experienced in Configuring Servers to provide Networking Services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMTP, SSH and LDAP
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Expertise in Agile tools like Atlassian Jira, Scrum and Continuous delivery tools like Nexus, Nexus Pro.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing and Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios and App Dynamics for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Application Monitoring.
- Experience on working with various OS like Linux (Red hat, Ubuntu, CentOS), UNIX, and Windows.
Operating Systems: Linux - Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, Cent Os, Unix
Cloud Platforms: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, Route53, CloudWatch, Dynamo DB, IAM, Lambda) Microsoft Azure and Open stack
Configuration Management: Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Gradle, Splunk, OPS Work.
Languages/Scripts: Bash Shell, Perl, Python Scripts, Cobol, C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, J2EE
Databases: MySQL (phpMyAdmin), Postgre SQL (phpPgAdmin)
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins
Mail Servers: Postfix, Postgre SQL (Virtual mail box)
Servers: Apache2/Tomcat, JBoss, IBM-Web Sphere, WebSphere
Virtual Server: VMware ESX 3.5.0 Server, VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5 & Xen 3.2
Repository Management: Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), CVS, TFS, Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Code Commit
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, NGINX
Other Tools: JIRA Project Management Tool, Eclipse, CUPS, DNS(BIND), DHCP, Samba, Firewall (Squid, IP Tables), FTP, NFS, NIS
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
- Technical point of contact for product teams as it relates to automation, CI/CD, and DevOps and/or DevOps
- Design and test solutions to unique and interesting challenges
- Worked with IT operations team and administrated organization apps both internal and external.
- Improve the accessibility of security through automation, continuous integration pipelines, and other means
- Understand existing processes and identifying how to improve and streamline them in order to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- As a member of the DevOps team, I engineered solutions in the Amazon Web Services environment to support the secure development and administration of Evident.
- Managed and administered Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Worked exclusively on AWS (WAF, Inspector, Guard duty, IAM, KMS, Lambda, and Secrets Manager) for secure infrastructure.
- Work closely with the CISO to ensure HIPAA compliance through the company.
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement Cloud security controls with a focus on Dev SecOps
- Implement a tool driven and highly automated approach to deliver our key security management processes by exploiting investment in existing tooling (e.g. Jenkins, Docker) and / or identify new tooling.
- Conducted market research to stay current with the latest technologies as per market trends and standards. Research fields included: SEO, media promotion, social media, web hosting, PHP, web design, etc.
- Design and implement new DB schema and develop ETL pipelines to process large data sets from multiple sources.
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks during code builds and deployments
- Respond to and, when appropriate, resolve or escalate security incidents 24/7
- Proposed Scout2 application to scan AWS infrastructure on monthly Basis.
- Involved in Security and log Audits monthly and reported to CISO.
- Report unresolved security exposures, misuse of resources, and noncompliance situations using defined escalation processes.
- Assist and train team members in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Integrated Critical alerts to Pager Duty for on call scheduling with engineering and Data Science team.
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers on AWS
- Upgraded and setup Elastic search 2.4 to 5.0 and created dashboards in Kibana.
- Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to enable action-based events and triggers
- Actively involved in cloud environment threat hunting using manual and automated tools
- Build working relationships with corporate technology and business teams
- Automated cloud deployment using Puppet, python and AWS cloud formation Templates.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT Repository
- Communicate security risks and solutions to business partners, platform & product teams
- Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Designed Disaster Recovery Plan using infrastructure as a code (Cloud Formation Templates) to build the whole stack.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
Environment: AWS (80% of Services), Docker, Elasticsearch-2.4, 5.0, log stash, Kibana, GitHub, Git Desktop, IT Admin, Jenkins, JIRA, Java, Maven, Microservices, MyVCM, OKTA, Open VPN, NewEdge, TOMCAT, Python, Json, Pager Duty, Security Monkey, Shell Scripts, Sensu, SumoLogic, Uptime Robot
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Puppet and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Hudson for automating the build processes.
- Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented CI/ CD automation system.
- Created and updated Bash scripts and modules, files, and packages.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- As a part of Greenfield Implementation improved the functionality of the code to enhance the performance of an application.
- Upgrading the code base to expand the working set of functionalities across the board as part of Greenfield implementation.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Implemented CI and CD for database using Jenkins and Ansible.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA project and maintained Jenkins with continuous integration and deployment.
- Develop/capture/document architectural best practices for building systems on AWS.
- Working with technical and non-technical teams across Amazon (AWS).
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Responsible for managing the chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Developed Scripts for AWS Orchestration
- Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins and Puppet.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat and Jenkins and deployment automation.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, Chef for automatic workflow.
- Created and maintained Ant build.XML and Maven Pom.XML for performing the builds.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, Clear Case, Stash, GitHub & Subversion.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems GIT, GitHub
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Puppet/Ansible, shell and python scripts.
- Troubleshot switch to server and back to the secure Cloud connection.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Involved in the troubleshooting the servers.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, IAM, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, Bitbucket, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Maven, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Agile, Jenkins, Nexus, Puppet, Nagios WebLogic, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Oracle, Unix.
Confidential, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Build, manage, and continuously improved build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT. Configured plug-in for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- I worked on branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Created GIT configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Handled Code reviews and merging Pull requests.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Build Java code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Used Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Worked on AWS EC2, IAM, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling group services.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe &modules for configuration management.
- Extensive knowledge on writing and deploying modules in puppet.
- Implemented Puppet for Automation in the Non-production environment.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in AWS cloud.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Worked on creation of puppet manifest files to install Web Logic instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Deployed the applications on multiple Web Logic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities.
- Maintaining GIT repositories using stash & handling build and Release deployment using Docker Marathon.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Use JIRA for change control & ticketing.
- Good working knowledge of Power Shell scripting on windows environment.
- Worked with Jira, a tool that handles DCR (defect Change Request) MR (Maintenance Request).
- Good experience in windows& VMware server automation using scripting language Power shell, VB Script.
- Have experience in scripts (Perl scripts, Shell scripts, etc.) that can run from a command line to check the status of a host or service by using Nagios.
Environment: AWS, Shell Scripting, VMware, Hudson, Jira, GIT, Web Logic, JBOSS, Maven, Jenkins, Art factory, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Trevose, PA
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration Management.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server.
- Experienced in writing Ruby scripts for cookbooks in chef.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool. Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and 3rd party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using NAGIOS, Sitescope and GRAPHITE.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects. Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Monitored and reporting using graphs using Nagios to show the developers and management when performance issues are reported by the customers.
- Set up Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana for multiple clusters, helping other teams quickly access new job logs.
- Indexed data in ElasticSearch using the river plugin. Queried data using the elastic search API.
- Using ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCM activities.
- Knowledge of concepts in code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc. Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications. Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
Environment: Ant, Hudson, Anthill Pro, Maven, WebLogic, Remedy, Subversion, Solaris, Linux, Perl, Shell, Python, AWS, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases and using Version Control Tools likes Rational Clear case, Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed and administered Docker.
- Integrated smoke and regression jobs in Bamboo CI to run the same after code deployment.
- Develop and implement individual VM's with their own OSs (CentOS) for each of the following services: GitLab, Jenkins, and Nexus Repo.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Writing Chef Recipes for automating tasks and managed Chef to configure Web Apps and deploy them on AWS server.
- Done Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, chef repo and setting up keys.
- Developed Python script that allows access tokens of Artifactory to send images from Docker registry.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar Qube, JMeter, Docker, Maven, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, MYSQL, RHEL, BASH, TFS, Ruby, Chef