- Around 8 years of IT experience Build and Release/DevOps Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Solid Architectural experience in setting up continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) tooling and automation infrastructure for Projects.
- Experience in code deployment and orchestration with tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experienced in working on DevOps / Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Inciden t and Change Management ).
- Setting up Code Coverage reports tool like SONAR and Fortify to help in managing the quality of source code.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, IBM Clear case, SVN.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Created and Configured Azure Cosmos DB.
- Having good experience in DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet for deployment.
- Involved in configuration of NOSQL database with Azure
- Developed shell scripts for software build conduct and management support.
- Exper ti s e i n Q uer y i ng RD B MS such as O ra cl e, M YSQ L and S Q L Serv er by usi ng SQ L f or dat a i n t eg r i t y .
- Experience in Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installing and configuring Kubernetes.
- Experience in Deploying and managing applications with Open shift platform.
- Design and develop continuous deployment pipeline integrating Vagrant, Git, Jenkins and Chef across geographically separated hosting zones in AWS and Azure.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in Implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker , Maven , Ant , Jenkins.
- Experience in administrating application servers like Oracle WebLogic and Apache Tomcat Servers.
- Hands - on experience with various build scripts development and deployment (SHELL, WLST Python, Windows Batch).
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Having good experience in Ansible, Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Worked with Engineers, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building (Agile Projects).
- Well versed with entire Project life-cycle involvement in architecture, design, and development.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Expertise in Quality control and Assurance.
- Participated in the design discussions and lead from the configuration management team to help build the Automated Release Life Cycle (ARLM) tool.
- Migrating the projects from ANT to Maven and upgrading the build tools.
- Deploying the applications in WebLogic, Tomcat, JBOSS and WebSphere.
Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, MS Windows Server
Database: Sybase, Oracle 12C,11g, SQL server and DB2
Scripting Languages: Shell, PERL, Ruby, Python, Groovy
Web/App Servers: WebLogic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, BMC Remedy, Service Now
DevOps / Cloud Computing: Ansible, AWS, Open Stack, Puppet, Chef, Docker
Build & CI Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus
SCM Tools: GitHub, ClearCase, CVS, SVN
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Hands on experience in Build and Deployment, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Implementation of various Web based applications.
- Installed, configured & administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines; setup Master-slave architecture to improve performance and used Jenkins for CI & CD into Tomcat, WebLogic and JBoss Application Servers.
- Creating builds using Maven scripts manually and automated and troubleshooting both build and deployment and installation issues.
- Integrated Sonar with Jenkins for Code Coverage.
- Implemented and maintained Ansible Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware .
- Spontaneous issue resolves by engaging WebLogic Admins, DBA’s, Dev’s and test teams and played a central point of contact role. Provided 24*7 support on call.
- Working with distributed engineering, support and project management teams to define and execute release
- Collaborate effectively with peers, managers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective.
- Deploy VM instances through Azure portal, Power Shell, ARM templates and run books. areas to deliver end-to- end quality in our technology and customer experience.
- Hands on with Ansible playbook files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.
- Performing Manifests to update the Puppet agent using Puppet Master .
- Install/configure/maintain the Linux /Solaris servers, NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Send mail, apache, FTP, SSHD.
- Setting up a Jenkins jobs in Open Shift and creating a Jenkins tasks.
- Involving in implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Scripting experience in Python, Bash, and Groovy for automation purpose.
- Written ansible playbooks to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structures and managing containers .
- Setting up Code Coverage reports tool like SONAR and FORTIFY to help in managing the quality of source code.
- Manual Installation and configuration of WebLogic , Tomcat and Apache servers.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins , GIT , Artifactory .
Environments: Linux, Jenkins, Hudson, Sonar, Bamboo, Docker , GIT, WebLogic Server, Tomcat Server, Apache Server, Python, PHP, Shell, PostgreSQL, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Built and Release Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Ansible
- Provisioned and configured Tomcat and Apache instances using Shell .
- Experience in supporting database systems including Oracle, Sybase and DB2 on Linux and Solaris Environment.
- Involved in writing AWS Cloud formation scripts to automate the AWS Services.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- One click Automation script to trigger push to production from Jira , invoke Build in Bamboo and deploy to target servers.
- Configuration Ansible playbooks for deployment.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity , and code conflict resolution.
- Used GIT as source code repositories and Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Analysed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Installed and Configured the Artifactory manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Linux, PostgreSQL, Shell, GIT, Ruby, Jenkins, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, Jira.
Confidential, Mclean VA
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server, Jboss EAP, IBM HTTP Server, Tomcat and Apache Web Server on Windows, RHEL using Puppet Automation Configuration tool.
- Responsible for Azure infrastructure build-out and monitoring, service deployments, and service scaling across pre-production and production subscriptions.
- Deploy VM instances through Azure portal, PowerShell, ARM templates and runbooks.
- Configuring Network, Security, Storage and Azure extensions for Virtual machines.
- Worked with different relational and NOSQL(Hbase) databases.
- Automation and integrating of Version Control Systems for source code management.
- Designing and implementing a series of Power shell workflows and scripts.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- 24/7 on call production support.
- Collaborated with multiple delivery teams to define and improve the release process of software releases.
- Configured and managed Puppet DB for storing configs and integrating it with Postgres DB as the backend server to export resources.
- Active Directory Infrastructure Administration, Application/system support in a .NET environment.
- Created Perl, python, Power Shell scripts to improvise the automation in Puppet.
- Experienced in working with virtualization techniques especially Hyper-V.
- Cross-functional infrastructure experience with Systems, Storage and Networking knowledge of the operating models for private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies.
- Improvised application maintenance using Load balancing techniques in Azure environment.
- Got an opportunity in working with networking and core Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP.
- Worked on Git, SVN. Maintaining branching model and security in GitHub with best practiced strategies.
Environment: Subversion, Microsoft Azure, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, ASP .net, JIRA, UNIX/ LINUX, Fedora, Windows, Cosmos DB, Shell Scripts, Java/J2EE, Azure, GitHub, Puppet.
Build & Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Responsible for automated build scripts.
- Responsible for resolve the build issues.
- Coordinating with development teams to perform builds and resolve build issues.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Provide complete phone support to customers.
- Setup and debug hardware related issues for server builds.
- Perform by weekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Troubleshoot tickets on the help desk tracking system.
Environment: Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, ANT, Hudson, Shell Scripts, MAVEN, Solaris, UNIX, LINUX.