- Over 4 years of experience in Information Technology industry in DevOps/ Agile operations, Linux Administrator, Software Configuration Management/ Release Management Specialist and Cloud Management
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Experience in architecting and Configuring public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Direct-Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Custom integration, plugins dev for different tools around CI-CD like GIT, JENKINS, Artifacory, Rally, Guard, Reporting and Dashboards using API and other techniques.
- Defined portlets, workflows, packages to perform automation of ERP deployments through IT Governance.
- Worked to help design, install and deploy cloud based Big Data solutions using Azure and AWS, including Redshift scaling and database creation for clients.
- Good experience in Cloud foundry and Azure.
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC).
- Identity Access Management (IAM). Information Security Metrics.
- Highly skilled in automating Operating System installation and setup utilizing Jumpstart Servers for provisioning of Solaris 9/10 servers and Kickstart servers for provisioning of RHEL 4.x/5.x/6. x.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM to Stash Migration, Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in implementing the Configuration Management Tools like CHEF, PUPPET and Ansible
- Developed applications on Spring Boot Framework using MicroService(SOA) Architecture and Synchronous protocols such as Java /REST
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Experience with Python as primary backend and with many MVC frameworks like Django, Flask and Web2py etc.
- Design and Developed Web Services, RESTful API's for Mobile Apps using Python Django-REST and Flask Frameworks on Nginx and Uwsgi servers.
- Experience in working on cloud AWS cloud EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, Lambda, LoadBalancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface and AWS PYTHON SDK.
- Experience in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation
- Implemented technical solutions for system logging for clients using Graylog.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Use of Docker to manage micro services for development and testing
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, JENKINS, Maven, ANT, IBM uDeploy, CVS, SVN, GIT, Gerrit, SonarQube, Docker, Docker-compose, Micro Services.
- Proficient in writing PUPPET modules and CHEF cookbooks
- Deploy architecture on AWS cloud for Lamp Stack application.
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud-specific technologies, including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Route 53, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), RDS, Cloud Watch and many more
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts , Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Development and version control of CHEF Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Foodcritic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise CHEF Server.
- Resolving cookbook dependencies using Berkshelf.
- Running recipes in standalone mode using CHEF-solo and CHEF-zero.
Cloud services: AWS (EC2/SQS/SNS/S3/IAM/ELB), Azure, Rackspace, Openstack
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, CVS, AWS and Stash.
CI & Provisioning Tools: Hudson, JENKINS, Bamboo 5.11, Ansible, CHEF, PUPPET.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Graphite, AWS cloud monitoring
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Docker.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, IOS, Red Hat LINUX, Ubuntu, Fedora.
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Junit, IBM Clear, Quest, Findbug Static
Analytics: SAS Studio, AWS EMR
Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus, Atlassian Confluence.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Container Orchestration Tools: Docker, EC2 Container Services, Docker Swarm, Kubernates
Languages: C, C++, SQL, .NET, PYTHON, Spring, Ruby, Objective C, Java/J2EE.
Scripts: Shell Script, CMake, Batch Script, Groovy, Perl Script, PowerShell Script.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON.
Web/App servers: WebLogic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, RHEL, JBOSS.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Cloud AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Created IAM policies to grant granular permissions to specific AWS Users, Groups, and Roles.
- Automating AWS deployment and configuration tasks using Lambda
- Implemented CloudWatch alarms and lambda functions for automatic scaling, fault tolerance, self-healing.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to CHEF for Cloud Automation.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and vmware virtualization systems.
- Authored application using Spring Cloud services (spring version of Netflix OSS-Eureka, Circuit Breaker, and Ribbon). Deployed application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI.
- Developed cloud architectures, governance policies, and best practices.
- Build and use CloudFormation\ Terraform templates to design and launch applications.
- Implemented monitoring solutions with Elasticsearch and Logstash.
- Use of Docker to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Malware hunting through Kibana and Graylog.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud Services(AWS) and its features (AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, APIs, Route 53, snapshots, Autoscaling, Cloud Formation, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, ELB, EBS, CloudWatch, S3 etc.).
- Created ELK Dashboards and Searches and Parsing logs in Graylog.
- Experience in supporting data analysis projects using EMR on the AWS Services AWS Cloud and exporting and importing data into S3.
- Setting up of the Amazon EMR Cluster, under the production environments and integrated to CloudWatch as per the Security policies.
- Generated Python Django forms to record data of online users and used PyTest for writing test cases. Utilized standard Python modules such as CSV and pickle for development.
- Developed Wrapper in Python for instantiating multi-threaded application.
- Written and developed CHEF Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Used CHEF for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Writing chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Responsible for CI and CD using JENKINS, Maven and CHEF.
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed CHEF Server and clients to pick up the Build from JENKINS repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production). Configuring of Redshift cluster for report query.
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven, PYTHON for various products to be hosted on Application Servers. Developed Pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Implemented CHEF Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same CHEF Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for JENKINS Continuous Integration tool
- Automated the cloud deployments using CHEF, PYTHON (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, CHEF, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in JIRA and Confluence as users.
- Integrating various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform.
- Installed/supported Splunk and Graylog for application health querying.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance. Experience using AWS -Cloud Watch and created alerts for instance
Environment: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, Cloud Trail and Route 53, VDI, ELB, CloudWatch, AWS CLI, Cloudformation, IAM, AWS AutoScaling, Linux,Git version Control, Docker, Lambda CHEF, JENKINS, Cloud Foundry, PYTHON, Ruby CHEF, JIRA, Confluence, Graylog, Maven, Artifactory, GITHUB, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, Governance.
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in node classifications of PUPPET, hiera data and developed PUPPET roles and profiles.
- Maintained and enhanced existing PUPPET modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures.
- Managed PUPPET classes, resources, packages, nodes and other common tasks using PUPPET console dashboard and live management.
- Involved in defining, documenting, negotiating and maintaining Product/Application Release Roadmap.
- Creation of Application Release Plan (Release Scope Planning & defining Milestones).
- Involved in various Web Application Servers (WAS) administration and troubleshooting.
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/ delivery product using Run deckintegrated with JENKINS to get the job done.
- Plan & oversee the creation of new environments as per the Project’s needs & work with the Infrastructure team to plan the Maintenance Activities.
- Involved in migration activities of Java scripts and Database scripts from Oracle, MS SQL Server and MYSQL into different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Experienced with CI tools ( JENKINS , Hudson ) and Version Control Tools or Source Code tools.
- Responsible for writing Manifests to configure nodes.
- Experienced in build automation using JENKINS , Maven , ANT.
- Experienced in deploying Java projects using Maven /ANT and JENKINS .
- Good understanding of building the Android Applications using the Maven and JENKINS .
- Building post install scripts using Shell scripting in Linux servers.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Python, ANT, Maven, JENKINS, Tomcat, GIT, GIThub, Bash, PUPPET, VMWare, Linux, CentOS, JUnit, Cobertura, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, uDeploy, Nexus, Oracle, MS SQL Server.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x & 7.x) on SPARC, x86 and Blade Centres.
- Worked on Virtualizing RedHat servers using vSphere 4.1/5.0 and managed ESX servers using vCenter and also worked with ESX Cluster and vMotion.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Created the ANT scripts and extension of existing ANT scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON
- Experience in Working with Oracle ERP, Oracle Fusion Middleware applications (Build automation and deployment)
- Build and Release management - GIT, Maven, Jenkins administration, Nexus.
- Extensively involved in build and release management process for multiple applications using ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked in setting up the repos to various projects in SVN
- Involved in migration from SVN to GIT repos and worked with Linux sys admins for the same
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Developed Linux, UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripts and AWT programming for manual deployment of the code to various environments.
- Monitoring - Nagios, Custom checks, AppDynamics, Splunk
- Experience in using Enterprise Chef for setting up Chef Workstation, Chef Serverand nodes.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Operations - Custom Shell scripts, Ruby scripts, VM and Environment management.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Involved in working with various code coverage tools like JACOCO
- Setup various non-production environments for validating various applications
- Worked with of Lucene search and OpenGrok code review tool
- Creating the SQL, PL/SQL scripts (DML and DDL) in oracle database and revising them in SVN
- Created multiple Ruby, Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x & 7.x, GIT, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Tomcat, WebSphere, Clearcase, ClearQuest, Java, SVN, Stash, VMware, Clear Quest Jenkins, JBOSS, Fisheye, Shell, Perl Scripting, Nexus, Crucible, JIRA, WebLogic, WebSphere, Jenkins, CAST, Chef, Puppet.