- IT professional with over 15 years of IT field experience and 6 years supervisory experience seeking to support and help grow a forward looking dynamic company.
- Planning, design, testing, deployment, upgrading, migrating, documenting, maintaining and strengthening of IT physical and cloud infrastructure, virtual environments, network connectivity, messaging, teleconferencing. Experienced provider of end - user device ecosystem support, technical staff and end-user training and influencing collaborator adept at sharing knowledge.
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware EXS, EXSi and Hypervisor environment design, capacity planning, deployment, management, migration and VM deployment and maintenance.
- Rackspace, AWS and Microsoft Azure Office 365ncloud services design, deployment, support and maintenance.
- Microsoft Active Directory, AZURE and SSO identity services design, deployment and maintenance.
- Deployment, maintenance, security and retention policy management of Microsoft Exchange services.
- Cisco desk phones, soft client deployment and configuration, basic switch and router management, and configuration.
- Sophos, Fortinet and CheckPoint, OpenSwan security appliance rule design, upgrade, firmware update and maintenance.
- Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL databases deployment, capacity planning, migration, data transfers, backup and maintenance.
- Basic batch file and PowerShell scripting experience.
- Training, management, supervision, support and motivation of junior techs to improve support to end-users and increase business profitability. Applicant screening, employee training, personnel management experience of 150+ employees. Payroll processing and auditing, safety orientations. Worker's compensation, unemployment and disability claims processing. Conflict resolution, preparation of employee handbooks, reports, newsletters, presentations, user instructions, technical and non-technical materials.
- Design, testing, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of physical and virtual infrastructure systems running Windows operating systems. Windows Active Directory user account administration and setup. GPO design testing and deployment. Setup of Windows based application servers and DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, VPN, RAS, RDP, WSUS, WDS, Hyper-V, SQL, IIS, SharePoint and other Windows based servers. Deployment, troubleshooting and management of on premise and cloud based Exchange server deployments. Deployment and support of VMware ESX, ESXi Hosts VMs. LAN/WAN connection deployments and ISP connection monitoring and troubleshooting with vendor managed services. Data recovery and hardware forensics data recovery tools. Hardware and software asset and licensing tracking, auditing and loss prevention. Compliance policy enforcement and audit preparation for SOX, HIPAA and BSA regulations. Best practice IT Security and compliance rule design, application, enforcement and auditing.
- Fluent in Spanish and live English-Spanish translation. Strong written and communications skills, customer claims, conflict resolution and behavioral interviewing experience. Deep issue and subject research to asses current and future business needs and translate requirements into technical solutions, obtain buy-in from business principals and perform the necessary, planning and implementation of technology solutions. Ability to quickly understand brand new application and hardware systems, their operations, research, absorb knowledge to use later to become the subject matter expert and go to person for tasks, project management and issue resolution.
- Extremely flexible, rapport and collaborative team building experience used to create consensus and clarity across business and tech departments, reduce conflicts, and create positive energy and synergy.
Confidential, Tucson, AZ
Enterprise Network Systems and Systems Administrator
- Ensured continued delivery of network, applications and data security services. Performed technical research to enable continuing innovation and health within the infrastructure.
- Ensured that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, policies and procedures.
- Deployed and maintain Microsoft Windows Server Systems, File and Print, SharePoint, Remote Desktop Services, Office 365 Applications and Exchange Messaging, SQL Server, VMware virtualized Data Center Infrastructure.
- Monitored and supported of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services RDS farm environment utilizing Microsoft native and RDPSoft tools.
- Created, inventory and retired VMs, VM backups, maintained data migrations and storage provisioning operations.
- Installed and configured and maintained 100+ VMware Hosts, Host ISCSI storage, and 700+ VMware Virtual Machines across 6 mining sites.
- VMware Host and VM performance tuning and optimization, using native and third party monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Resolved application and network connectivity issues utilizing Scrutinizer, WireShark, Cisco Meraki and other network management tools.
- Designed, deployed and administered MS SQL Server clustered databases and researched and resolved database performance issues.
- Deployed and configured VEEAM Backup Servers across 6 mining sites.
- Worked with developers to document legacy in-house software applications.
- Conducted Project Management of various projects requiring liaison with vendors and was responsible for deploying new technology products and services with the help of CDW, Viscosity, Involta and various other vendors.
- Prepared knowledge base articles, instructional videos and provided technical training and mentoring to junior staff and users.
Confidential, Tucson AZ.
Sr. Systems Engineer \ Systems Administrator
- Deployed, maintained and upgraded new Hyper-V and VMware Hypervisors, VMs, database clusters, ISCSI storage, domain, file and print and network security appliances.
- Designed, deployed and documented AWS application servers in multiple AWS regions, configure subnets, network security ACLS, enabled BGP routing, flexible IPs, load balancing and deploy inter-region VPN connectivity using Open Swan VPN and SOPHOS-AWS secured tunnel connectors.
- Researched designed and deployed Microsoft ADFS infrastructure, security groups, GPOs, provisioned new users, managed directory replication with Azure connectors and deployed SSO authentication for AWS, Marketo, Atlassian and other SAML enabled Web applications.
- Managed JIRA and Confluence services, managed user provisioning, submitted bug tracking information, software improvement ideas and created knowledge base articles.
- Designed, deployed and managed Sophos firewall rules, performed firmware upgrades, managed user VPN service and SSL tunnel configurations.
- Managed HP Procurve switch deployment, maintenance and LAN\WAN network maintenance.
- Managed Microsoft Office 365 subscription provisioning, Exchange, SharePoint services, account provisioning and AZURE AD Connect
- Collaborated with developers and provided resolution of issues arising from in-house developed software deployed on Rackspace, AWS Cloud and on premise systems.
- Maintained PostgreSQL databases and executed schema update scripts designed by senior developers in Australia.
- Tested new in-house developed software and prepared installation documentation.
- Trained and helped mentor tier one customer support technicians and field hardware installers.
Confidential, Tucson, AZ
- Deployed and maintained multi role departmental servers.
- Managed cradle to grave equipment lifecycle.
- Managed SharePoint Online sites, services and permissions; update site templates and deploy and configure new client sites.
- Deployed and maintained new SharePoint document libraries, calendars, tasks, timelines Excel services and Web part enabled sites.
- Designed, tested and deployed Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file and print, and Hyper-V servers.
Confidential, Manhattan Beach, CA
Operations System Engineer
- Designed, tested, deployed and maintained workstation and server system images.
- Managed Server system deployment workflow design, planning and execution.
- Managed asset management, application usage metering and reporting using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Performed Group Policy Object design, test and deployment.
- Performed hardware encryption of end user systems with Checkpoint encryption.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
- Deployed configured, maintained and supported Allscripts Electronic Health Record SQL databases, IIS Web application, print, and scan, servers and additional supporting servers for the Allscripts solution.
- Tested and deployed new server and desktop application updates for Allscripts software.
- Tested and deployed scheduled tasks to refresh Operating System and used basic PowerShell scripts to remotely manage Servers.
- Collaborated on direct support efforts with consultants during major Allscripts system updates.
- Prepared and managed approved change management items to meet with SOX, Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA, Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliance regulations.
- Provided dedicated support for a team of Allscripts Systems Analysts.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Upgraded and patched Windows servers ranging from file and print, and SQL 2000, 2005 Express Warehouse Management Systems
- Enumerated and document services, dependencies and business applications that rely on file and print, application and SQL database servers.
- Managed and troubleshoot servers using DameWare, RDC Manager, HP Systems Management console, and LANSweeper.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Deployed Vware ESXi and Host server clusters and virtualized Development, Testing and Production VM server environments.
- Managed Core application, database DHCP, AD and Exchange Servers.
- Configured firewall ports, standard, heartbeat and virtual network connections, and fiber connections for VMware Host access to SAN storage, monitoring of storage performance utilizing Nagios.
- Deployed physical Ubuntu Linux workstations and virtual machines for end users and developers.
- Deployed SanSurfer client on Windows server and add CIFS shares and backup data from SAN array.
- Deployed and managed desktop imaging and software packaging and mass distribution solution using KACE KBOX solution.
- Performed domain trust management and domain account provisioning and de-provisioning.
- Managed change management process using BlueSpring Software.
- VoIP service provisioning using CISCO Unified Communications.
- Researched and make recommendations on new hardware and software tools.
- Created basic PowerShell scripts to manage servers and workstations.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Performed basic CISCO switch and router management with the help of vendor managed services provider.
- Deployed and configured new VMware Host and virtualized Windows 2003 servers including file and print, domain controllers and SQL database and application servers.
- Deployed and managed Virtualized Citrix 4.5 Server farms across 3 sites
- Setup, management and maintenance of backup and restore jobs using ArcServe backup solution.
- Managed Core Windows Servers Active Directory, File and Print, DHCP and design and deployment of GPOs.
- Enterprise wide patch distribution via Microsoft WSUS and Anti-virus software deployment and management via McAfee EPO.
- Performed remote administration of servers and workstations using DameWare, RDP, VNC, and PCAnywhere.
- Managed voice service provisioning and management using Inter-Tel and cellular service management.