To obtain a challenging and fulfilling position.
Servers: Windows NT3.51 through Windows 7 Server, Linux all flavors and releases through current, OSX 10.0 through current.
SAN/NAS: Confidential, Hitachi, EMC
SAN Fabrics: Cisco, Brocade
Firewalls: Cisco, Juniper
Other Networking Equipment (Switches and Routers): Cisco, Foundry
Virtualization Software: ESX VMWare
Confidential, Oak Ridge, TN
Network Service Center Manager
- Supported and managed Microsoft servers.
- Supported and managed Linux servers.
- Supported and managed Cisco network equipment (Routers, Firewalls, and switches)
- Supported and managed Juniper network equipment (Firewalls, and switches)
- Supported and managed fiber switches (Brocade and Cisco)
- Supported and managed several large VMWARE Esx/Esxi clusters.
- Supported and managed Microsoft SQL servers.
- Supported and managed Microsoft Web servers.
- Planned and implemented several data center moves and centralizations.
- Setup a robust disaster recovery site and performed several customer facing failover tests.
Confidential, Lexington, KY
Regional IT Disaster Recovery Manager
- Setup and maintained a Sharepoint document server.
- Setup and managed large NAS/SAN storage devices such as confidential storage solutions, storing over a pedabyte of combined data.
- Setup and managed large ESX/VMWare clusters.
- Installed and maintained routers, switches, firewalls, terminating MPLS circuits, T1 data/fax circuits, and VPN tunnels to customer sites.
- Setup and managed all Microsoft operating systems including XP, Vista, 2003 server, 2000 server, and most recently 2008 server.
- Managed yearly budgets, planned all software and equipment purchases for my department.
- Planned and setup the regional backup and storage solution. Using a large ML6000 tape library with 6 heads and 203 tape slots. This includes an inline encryption device to ensure data security.
- Setup SQL 2005, 2003 and 2000 servers.
- Maintained multiple Active Directory structures for 38 domains. This includes DNS, DHCP, WINS, and AD Roles for each domain.
- Setup and maintained email servers including Microsoft exchange 5.5, 2000, and 2003 as well as SMTP/POP services running on Linux boxes.
- Setup and managed several internal and external web servers. This is with both IIS and Apache web servers.
- Managed a large network team of engineers.
Confidential, Lexington, KY
- Set policy and standards for my department's wireless network.
- Designed and implemented network and desktop security policies for our satellite software development organization.
- Installed and designed the SQL Database server.
- Researched, defined driver build processes for non - windows platforms.
- Setup and maintained Linux servers for configuration management and driver builds.
- Setup and maintained OSX servers for configuration management and driver builds.
- Setup and maintained 2000 servers for build purposes.
- Researched and wrote specifications for build and test machines.
- Trained set top box project managers on the use of the PVCS and CVS library system.
- Software development for Mac and Set Top Box printer drivers.
- Created scripts to automate build processes.
- Designed/Configured the software repository solution for the MAC/Linux research and development lab.
- Trained the MAC/Linux developers on the theory and use of the CVS library management system.
- Setup and maintained 15 PVCS repository projects for the set top box team.
- Developed file encryption between outside software vendors using PGP encryption software.
- Acted as the central communication hub with Lexmark and all outside software vendors for the MAC, Linux, and Internet appliance teams.
Confidential, Barbourville, KY
- Wired 15 buildings internally.
- Setup and maintained 30 NT servers.
- Setup and maintained 12 Macintosh servers.
- Setup and maintained all UNIX servers.
- Created setup and maintained the district's web server.
- Applied for federal grants to be spent on IS for the school district.
- Applied for and received several donations and gifts from corporations.
- Designed and implemented the WAN using fiber optics, and frame relay circuits.
- Designed and implemented the District's web caching servers.
- Designed and implemented the District's firewall system.
- Managed all budgets and expenditures pertaining to IS.
- Oversaw one regular employee and a team of six workers when doing wiring projects.
- Setup a program that utilized the work of students interested in a possible IS career.