- Deploy Complex Hardware and Software | Enhance Lines of Business
- Adapt to changes in business needs, plans, and schedules.
- Passionate about technology and innovation.
- Apply critical thinking to creative solutions and troubleshooting.
- Always customer focused.
- Organized to support multiple activities and plans.
- Apply team spirit across units and skill sets.
- Punctual with steady work ethic.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Multiple Cable & Network Platforms
- Networking IP / TCP & UDP Principles
- Cable TV, Coax, Fiber
- RF Transmission, Satellite | MPEG, Transcoding, Streaming
- Cloud, Server, VM, Container Systems
- Automation with Ansible - DO407
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Introduction to CoreOS Linux and Containers
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (Second Edition)
- VMware / vSphere class and experience
- MS Office Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Configured Windows Server and Cent OS
- VBA, Python, Bash
Confidential, Centennial, CO
- Led Engineering Team to configure over 3K video transcoding VMware servers in 24 data centers on 24 Converged Regional Area Networks (CRAN) to stream MPEG - 4 video streams to mobile, computer, and TV customers.
- Project created IP streaming of 13.3K local MPEG-4 video services.
- Developed VBA configuration scripts, saving 32 hours per data center deployment.
- Created PowerShell scripts, saving 56 hours for each data center deployment.
- Deployed 169 Dell “640” servers across 56 locations, coordinated with multiple technicians and networking teams, and adjusted deployment due to change from “630” to “640” server platform.
- Saved $20M maintenance costs by completing on schedule.
- Provided 9 months of tier 3 support for 444 video streaming servers. Tasks included troubleshooting, ordering hardware, providing repair procedures and support for remote team repairs, hardware ordering, validating, returning to operation and closing tickets.
- Eliminated backlog of over 500 open issues.
- Improved operational performance of Video-On-Demand (VOD) platform.
- Recovered stalled project by organizing and managing integration team to deploy new functionality of 350 INVIDI ad insertion systems across 17 regions and 27.65K MPEG 2 and MPEG 4 video streams. Adapted deployment plans to complete partial configurations while local teams completed infrastructure upgrades.
- Broke deployments into multiple schedules, allowing work to progress on available tasks.
- Completed project 3 months early.
Confidential, Centennial, CO
Manager, Lab Engineering
- Planned, designed, and executed build out of multi-million-dollar Quality Assurance Lab, encompassing 2.7K sq. ft. of scalable floor plan design, cable and rack systems, power and environmental systems, telephone switch and multiple hardware components.
- Planned and coordinated with multiple project teams, verifying equipment was designed, installed, and configured to support multiple projects and test teams.
- Established procedures and documentation, ensuring each test bed was properly updated and maintained to meet Development and QA team’s needs.
QA Test Engineer
- Wrote and executed test plans based on use cases tied back to system requirements.
- Tested cable National Access System (NAS) ability to command and control cable video processing devices Confidential headend, consumer electronic systems, and settops.