To obtain a position that will utilize my education and skillset to advance into the IT field. This position would allow opportunities for growth, education, and provide further advancement for my career.
Subject Matter Expert
- I am a Senior Systems Engineer focusing upon large enterprise architecture designs, migrations, and implementations of IT Solutions worldwide. 75% travel.
- Multiple ITMS implementations, 6.X to 7.1 and ITMS 7.1 to 7.5/7.6 migrations including Client Management Suite, Deployment Solution, Inventory Solution, PCAnywhere, Real Time System Manager, Patch Management, Hierarchy architectures including worldwide implementations.
- Multiple SEP implementations including worldwide multiple SEPM with replication, Virtual Appliance Servers, Shared Insight Cache Servers, GUP architectures.
- Operating System migration for a client in Louisiana. Designed and implemented full OS migration as well as MS Office migration. Designed full architecture and solution from start to finish. Worldwide migration with 50,000 nodes and over 300 locations utilizing Hardware Independent WIM, driver injection, and PXE automation via BootP to deploy the image from a centralized location in most cases, and mobile platform in isolated locations utilizing 802.3AD LACP (Link Aggregation) for 12GB thick image deployments to client machines in as little as 2 minutes with up to 50 machines concurrently.
- Client in Oklahoma - SEP Implementation to SEP 12.1 multiple departments state wide. Full implementation, from architecture installation to client deployments. All departments had mixed third party AV configurations which needed to be migrated to SEP 12.1 and totaled over 30,000 endpoints.
- SWS / SWV Software Virtualization for a Client in D.C. - Upgraded all Front End / Back End Servers and virtualized all Core software (Utilizing Virtual Application Packaging).
- Client in Los Angeles, SEP Pilot Implementation (Full Architecture, 10% Client Pilot). 250k of 750,000 endpoints migrated to SEP 12.1 in six weeks.
- Performed Remote Packaging MSI’s for multiple clients, custom software builds and installation automation utilizing scripts and executable wrappers.
Altiris Specialist and Network Operations Center (Lead)
- My main responsibilities at Confidential were to manage the server infrastructure for endpoint management, Altiris NS and DS infrastructure, Packaging, Patch Management, Hardware Independent Imaging utilizing a single image across a broad spectrum of hardware platforms, and all customer support for VP’s and above. Recently, I had virtualized all software applications utilized within the company worldwide using Confidential SWV and the Confidential Streaming Server. Below is a descriptive analysis of each responsibility.
- Packaging software into silent installs using Wise leaving a seamless installation for end users
- Virtualized all software and software updates and stream to client machines
- Create Batch files, VB scripts, registry entries and programs to assist in mass deployment enterprise wide
- Manage and maintain multiple Altiris NS and DS servers, Package Servers, Mobile DS and SQL DB’s
- Create and deploy Hardware Independent Images utilizing WSIM, RapiDeploy, HIIS and SysPrep
- Utilize Altiris NS to create jobs and deploy patches automatically to workstations and servers silently
- Maintain and configure firewall ports, exclusion lists, remote scans, and threat remediation from Confidential Endpoint Protection Server (SEP 11 MR6 R2)
- Utilize Hardware Independent Imaging Systems (HIIS) to create driver classes, integrate images with custom Unattend.xml, and create Deployment Console jobs for imaging with mass storage temporary drive partitions using carrots for token replacement
- Worked closely with ICS team create CCR’s and notifications following
- Create and configure the Altiris Deployment Console jobs, filters, computers and collections
- Manage Forest and multiple trees in Active Directory, OU’s, GPO, Permissions and Member management
- Planned, structured and implemented Windows 7 Migrations US wide with completion in two months (50,000 nodes throughout the US in more than six statewide locations)
- X64 Bit Migration companywide (hardware incompatible machines were initially x86 from Windows 7 migration)
- Installed, configured and managed Altiris DS servers World Wide
- Virtualized all company utilized applications utilizing Altiris SVS (SWV)
- Implemented Software Portal for self-serve software installations, companywide
- Planned, structured and implemented Migration to Windows Vista x64 Company wide
- Set up, administered and maintained multiple servers and domain controllers across the U.S.
- Travelled to multiple locations across the U.S. to install Servers, racks, Confidential ', routers and patch cables
- PC refresh of over 500 machines throughout the U.S.
- Created images for new computers and older computers to be reused
- Utilized Norton Ghost to deploy images to over 500 machines
- Created .bat files for login scripts and registry scripts to map printers and network drives
- Setup and maintained VPN and firewall settings
- Utilized Active Directory to create, administrate and maintain user accounts, OU’s, firewalls, and group policies
- Consulted finance executives to configure a budget for newer equipment throughout the WAN and installed the equipment throughout the U.S
Microsoft Specialist, Altiris Administrator, LAN Admin
- Migrated 4,000 users and computers within Active Directory to the new LCC domain
- Migrated 4,000 Exchange accounts from 4 Exchange 5.5 servers to Exchange 2003
- Installed Altiris NS and DS and pushed clients to machines US wide
- Created and modified base images for each of 27 different departments and 1,500 computers using Altiris and deployed the images
- Created login scripts for mapping printers and network shares
- Created over 70 base images for multiple types of computers
- Packaged and deployed over 150 applications
- Monitored and maintained over 200,000 network nodes within 11 domains
- Managed Active Directory OU’s, users and computers
- Rewired MDF and 6 IDF for all Confidential AZ locations
Manager - IT Helpdesk
- Responsible for all Helpdesk operations, 24 employee staff.
Helpdesk / Network Administrator
- Responsible for all Server infrastructure, Disaster Recovery environment, design and infrastructure implementation projects.