- 8+ years of experience on various Linux/Windows Environments in administration, implementation, integration, troubleshooting and maintaining both on - premise and cloud infrastructures. Followed by automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery process(CI/CD) of build and release management using agile methodologies. Which include monitoring, configuration troubleshooting and maintaining cloud and devops environment with required toolset
- Strong Knowledge on practicing TDD, automating Junit tests using Maven in Jenkins
- Extensive experience in Centos / RHEL/Ubuntu 12.04/14.04 System Administration includes System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting Server issues.
- Experience in Kickstart Servers installing, upgrading and configuring for RedHat Linux 5.x,6.x,7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora.
- I strive to reduce internal and customer costs by implementing Agile processes that streamline how software is delivered and how teams work together
- Experience in configuration of Apache HTTPD, SMTP, NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management and Security troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in administration of VMware vSphere, vCenter and ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0 & 6.5 includes installation, configuration and migrated the existing servers into the VMware Infrastructure.
- Highly experienced on working with file systems - creation, modification and mounting.
- Installation RAID hardware/software setup for data backup and creation of reliable storage systems.
- Experience in Installation of Splunk Enterprise, Splunk forwarded, Splunk Indexer, Apps in multiple servers (Windows/Linux).
- Installed, configured and managed monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk and logging tools like ELK.
- Virtualize the servers on AWS using the Docker, create the Docker files and version control.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, chef and Microsoft Azure.
- Implementation of Auto Scaling for instances under ELB using ELB Health Checks.
- Configured Ansible to trigger Jenkins Jobs to automate the creation of Docker images from successful Builds and later used for Rolling deployments in to the Kubernetes Cluster by defining the new Images in the Deployments and Pod definitions. worked on Docker and Kubernetes on cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Experience on Configuration/Deployment Tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Teamcity, Code Deploy, etc.
- Strong experience in CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Delivery) software development pipeline stages like Commit, Build, Automated Tests, Deploy...etc.
- Expertise in Cloud technologies like AWS Administration Services: IAM, EC2, ACL, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, Amazon AWS IAM Services in Users, Groups, Policies, Roles, AWS Access Keys.
- Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Migrated few Cloud formation templates to Terraform by using various AWS modules and Secured the Terraform state file in S3 buckets.
- Experience on Virtual machines, virtual network, SQL database, traffic manager, storage, ExpressRoute, Automation on Windows Azure platform services.
- Cost friendly Migration of Python scripts to Lambda Function in AWS, maintaining overhead for the scripts running in AWS EC2 and which triggering the Lambda function based on the Post request from the Upstream Jobs by Configuring API gateway to create and endpoint
- Deployed and configured Jira on hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Implementation of Auto Scaling for instances under ELB using ELB Health Checks.
Programming and Scripting Languages: XML, SHELL, PERL, JAVA, POWERSHELL, Python, Ruby
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, BuildBot, Bamboo, Sonarqube
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, Kibana
Web technologies: HTML, XML, JAVA Script, JQuery
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MSBuild
Databases: Hadoop, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, Cassandra
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Remedy, BugZilla, Atlassian
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Open stack
Web/ Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss 4.x/5.x, WebSphere 8.5, WebLogic 10
Artifactories: Nexus, Artifactory, Docker Hub
Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, VMware
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu), Windows 2003/2008/R2/2012/2016
Testing Tools: Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket, Perforce
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Implemented new process and policies for build process and involved in auditing,
- Build Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins) and continuous delivery environment (puppet).
- Implemented Automated Application Deployment and written Deployment scripts and automation scripts.
- Involved in Leading Automation deployment team and working with Puppet, and written puppet modules for Application deployment.
- Supported over 200+ AWS cloud instances and used AWS command line interface to manage and configure various AWS products.
- Performed installation, configuration, upgradation, patching on RHEL 6.x, 5.x and Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 in EC2 instances.
- Implemented Test Driven Development (TDD) for developing and testing the application.
- Planning and implementing VPCs with multiple availability zones and multiple subnets to meet the dynamic IP requirements.
- Championed the reorganization of our team into role-based responsibilities to help support Customers, Agile methodology and DevOps practices
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances
- Experience in Python, Shell and Ruby scripting including but not limited to writing scripts to automate AWS Administration tasks viz., tagging instances, volumes etc.,
- Performed Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and utilized EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Extensively utilized Amazon Glacier for Archiving data.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Worked on performing root cause analysis on instances to which developers are unable to SSH into by unmounting root volumes
- Worked on resizing the EBS volumes and root volumes as per the Dev team requirements.
- Worked on Cassandra and Oracle Databases there by connecting different environments to these databases in lower and production environments.
- Designed Cloud formation templates for launching complete application stack for non-prod and prod stacks with auto scaling feature
- Worked with Amazon support for Hardware support and replacement of the faulty units like Amazon retirements during maintenance windows
- Implemented roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and also managed network security using Security Groups and IAM
- Expertise in utilizing Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, to set alarms for notifications or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system
- System Cloning, System Copy, and Data Refresh as agreed to by the business stakeholders.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using DevOps technologies like Chef, Puppet
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services(AWS).
- Documented entire System Configurations, Instance, OS and AMI build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure, Architecture drawings current with changes and provided on call support.
- Implemented SCM tools i.e. Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, Source tree, views, and the access control strategies.
Environment: Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, JIRA, Cloud Formation, Amazon RDS DB services, Cloud Watch, CA Wily, One Console, Cassandra.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked on designing and deploying a multi-tier application utilizing almost all of the main services of the AWS stack (like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Route 53, Lambda and Cloud Formation) focused on high - availability, fault tolerance environment.
- Created network architecture on AWS VPC, subnets, Internet Gateway, Route Table and NAT Setup. Worked with IAM to manage the users and groups using IAM by assigning individual policies and roles to each users and group as per requirements.
- Own the overall Change Program of Agile and DevOps practices across a global project & support team
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Process stack using AWS, GITHUB/ GIT, Jenkins, and Chef. Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes Cluster, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Used Jenkins to automate the build process and integrated with other tools.
- Performed built Elastic search, Log stash for centralized logging and then store logs, metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- Manage amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well. Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
Environment: s: EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, JSON, Python script (3.6.0, 3.6.1), Shell script, Jenkins (2.48,2.49), Maven (3.5.0), Ant (1.10.0, 1.10.1), GIT, GitHub, Puppet (2016.4.6, 2017.2.1), Nagios and Linux servers (Ubuntu 12.04).
Confidential - SFO, CA
- Worked with software engineers to develop tools that support rapid creation. Deployment, iteration and ongoing support of web applications.
- Ensured completion of the infrastructure related implementations within budgetary and scheduling guidelines and delivered architectural solutions.
- New features implemented with TDD.
- Designed and implemented effective monitoring schemes that promote proactive discovery of issues. Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 12 different applications, built and deployed to lower and higher environments.
- Designed and developed Continuous Integration systems with Maven and Jenkins.
- Migrated an existing legacy infrastructure and recreated the entire environment within Amazon's Web Services (AWS).
- Involved in configuring Elastic Load Balancers with Auto scaling to handle high traffic loads.
- Built Nagios monitors for new services being deployed.
- Developed ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services. Used services deploy command for building the web services. Used Maven for few modules. Developed Python scripts to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins.
- Involved in Day-to-Day System Administration tasks on RHEL
- Implemented and managed Puppet configuration spanning several Dev, QA, Staging environments in AWS cloud.
- Experience writing Ansible playbooks and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Used JIRA for ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Created the build docs as per best practices and uploaded it to internal wiki to strengthen the technical support for the team
Environment: s: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, AWS EC2, EBS, EBL, S3, Nagios, Chef, Ansible, Ant (1.9.5, 1.9.6), Maven (3.3.3, 3.3.9), Jenkins (2.0, 2.1), GIT, Puppet (2016.4.2, 2016.1.2), VPC, Subversion, Red Hat, WAS, Apache, BASH, Python (3.5.2, 3.5.4), Bamboo, Linux (Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS), Unix.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all GIT Repositories.
- Automated application packaging and deployments.
- Managed Linux staging and testing environments.
- Environment build and deployment automation using VMware ESX, Docker containers, Vagrant, Puppet and Chef.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools.
- Optimized database OpenStack schemas and provided consultation to various service teams for query performance improvements.
- Applied the test-driven development methodology while developing which yielded cohesive, loosely coupled and tested code.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Created multiple ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Defined branching and merging strategies.
- Documented the security policies of the company and recommended some process changes.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams on issues and solved the problem.
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, Jenkins (15.11), SVN, Puppet (2015.3.0, 2015.3.1), OpenStack, ANT (1.3, 1.9.4), Maven (3.3.1), Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux (Fedora 18), SQL.
Jr. DevOps Engineer (Build Engineer)
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Setup and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Managing the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible. Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct substrate for implementation. Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using Shell.
- Installed Jenkins and operated master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm. Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments and managed artifacts generated by Jenkins.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations. Launching Amazon EC2 cloud instances using Amazon Machine Images for AWS cloud.
- Have very good experience in working with code review tools like Gerrit.
- Experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle 11g and MySQL by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience using Web-Logic application servers and Apache tomcat web server for deployments.
- Directed, trained, Coordinated and supervised the duties of operations, personnel to achieve the maximum efficiency in build and release process. Proficient in troubleshooting complex build problems, release issue and environment issues in multi component environment.
Environment: Chef, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Gerrit, Jenkins, Git, WebLogic Application Server, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, Ansible, Linux, Shell scripting, Oracle 11g, MySQL.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Installation, configuration and administering RedHat Enterprise Linux server 6.x and IBM AIX 6.1 OS, IBM Blade servers and P-Series Servers using Kickstart, NIM and CD media.
- Familiar with the upgrade paths for ESX, ESXi Host servers, Virtual Center Server & the setting up of networking on Linux 5 servers.
- Work with VMware Infrastructure Client in supporting our Windows 2003 & 2008, Linux Enterprise 5 Server environment.
- Installed and configured VMware ESXi host 5.x and configured vCenter 5.x and vSphere 5.x. Managed the physical and virtual environments using Virtual Center Server with a mixture of ESXi 5.x and ESXi 4.x hosts, consists of multiple physical hosts.
- Developed the application using Agile techniques including TDD, Prototyping, burn-down charts, frequent releases, user stories, and constant communication with the stakeholders
- Created templates for cloning of virtual machines using VMware Virtual Client and migrating servers between ESXi hosts.
- Created Snapshots and Snapshot chains to preserve the state and data of virtual machines stored in virtual machine directory in the form of .vmdk
- Installing, configuring and managing RedHat Enterprise Linux server versions 5.x. Creation of Kickstart images for the different version of RedHat Linux Operating system like 5.x.
- Installation of recovery solutions for VMs with Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere Data Protection and configure of vRealize Automation, Application Services, vRealize Orchestrator.
- Worked on VRealize Creating single tenant or multi- tenant and modifying the default tenant according to client requirement in VRAC.
- Upgrading the kernel in all the RedHat Linux servers and creating initrd image to boot from the upgraded kernel. Creating the filesystem using RedHat Volume Manager and performing the healthcheck on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Migration of RedHat Linux servers from 4.x version and working with the application team to resolve the issues post migration.
- Experience in Windows Server 2008 Active directory installation and configuration, Performance tuning and management for Linux server to resolve issues.
- Storage mapping on RedHat Linux and create the Volume group, filesystems using Logical Volume Manager. managing swap Created and modified swap files and added swap space.
- Working with Backup team for the Lega to backup and restore, Legato client installation in the RedHat Linux server.
- Installed and Configured SAMBA Server in Linux for accessing the shared files from the windows environment.
- Created and optimized Unix shell scripts using Bash shell. Developed Korn and Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
Environment: Red hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, Kick start server, Windows Server 2008 Active directory, LVM, NTP, SAMBA, NFS, Backup and restore, Corn, Shell scripting.
- Provided system support for Linux servers including patching, system backups and upgrading software.
- Used TFS for Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions of code.
- Team participated in Agile Process and used TFS for backlog grooming, task and dependency management.
- Directed the implementation and performance tuning of Windows 2003 Server environment for client’s global operations. Delivered a major improvement over old VPN system that catapulted productivity of remote sales force.
- Led in-house and consultant team in large-scale Linux server upgrade for multinational consulting firm, which significantly enhanced system performance.
- Replaced major manufacturer’s vulnerable network with robust security through joint architecture of firewall and DHCP.
- Stabilized, expanded and protected client network and PC environment. Built new file servers to maximize Web hosting, terminal server, file/print sharing and domain control performance.
- Coordinated critical build, deployment and application issues with various teams like Developers,
- Network Engineers, System Engineers and Release Engineers.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with client to document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Logged all events to log files
- Responsible for merging source code across multiple branches in TFS and making the code available for deployments. C
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux(4.x,5.x), Windows 2003 Server, TFS, MySQL Server (5.1), Cisco Syst ems VPN Client DNS, Apache, Tomcat, Windows.