- 8 years of experience working in IT industry as DevOps Engineer, Build Engineer and Java Developer with excellent communication, presentation and Technical skills.
- Experience with container - based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and have knowledge on containerization orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Expertise includes bash and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD Architecture, and hands-on Engineering.
- Monitoring systems for error messages and troubleshooting problems that occur on daily basis.
- Good knowledge in managing Nexus repositories for the Maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Provided technical support for users by troubleshooting system related issues and track issues with OS Ticketing System.
- Installing and configuring RedHat/CentOS 6.X using kick start servers in physical and virtual server environment.
- Expertise in creating and managing EC2 instances, AMIs, S3 buckets, taking snapshots, VPCs, subnets, load balancing and auto-scaling, Security Groups, IAM and Cloud Formation in AWS.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring and Upgrading of Red Hat Linux 5/6, Centos 5/6.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, and Bashfor the purpose of automation. Expertise in applications deployment on Web and App Servers like Apache Tomcat and WebLogic application server.
- Proficient in Installation, configuration and Management of Relational (Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB) Databases in environments.
- Expertise in using defect/bug tracking tool JIRA, configured various workflows & Triggers, plug-ins for JIRA.
- Extensive experience in writing recipes and cookbooks, Chef Installation, setting up Chef Server, workstation and Boot strapping the nodes.
- Experience on Managing AWS services like EC2, AMI, VPC, EBS, S3, RDS, ELB, SNS, and Cloud Watch, Auto-Scaling, Snapshots, IAM roles and policies.
- Configuring Networking, IGW, Subnets, Routing Tables, NACL's using VPC in AWS.
- Expertise of Agile development methodology in implementing Continuous Integration (CI/CD).
- Have strong knowledge of automating deployments into various release environments like QA, Staging and Production.
- Implemented Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Built multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Experienced in several areas of Jenkins like master/slave administrations, access controls, report generations, parameterized /triggered build setups etc.
- Hardworking, quick learner, ambitious, team player with an ability to thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and to deliver outputs in short deadlines.
CI/CD Tools: GitHub, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Vagrant, Hudson, Cruise Control, Puppet, Chef, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Salt, Open shift.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, HP Quality Center
Cloud Services: AWS, Open Stack, Microsoft Azure
Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk, SiteScope, SCOM
Management: Perforce, Artifactory, Chef, Powershell DSC, SCCM
Virtualization: VMware vSphere, Oracle Virtualbox, VMware Workstation
Web/App server: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, WebSphere6.x/7.x/8.x, Apache Tomcat5.x/7.x, AWS, JBOSS4.22.GA
Network Services: LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, mail, FTP
Operating Systems: RHEL, Ubuntu, Centos, Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, RHEL, SUSE
Confidential, O'Fallon, MO
Sr.AWS Devops Engineer
- I have a great knowledge about configuration management Tools like CHEF, PUPPET andANSIBLE
- Written custom resources and used Chef handlers for various auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Wrote Python/Shell Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services &Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bit Bucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in BitBucket.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS configuration management) using puppet.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Written cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Set-up Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Configured S3 to host static web content and deployed cloud stack using AWS Opswork.
- Configured the load Balancers and VPC with private subnets and had a good knowledge on troubleshooting for the connectivity issues.
- Understanding the client environment, Administrating and creating solutions using CI/CD,GIT,DOCKER
- Good experience in DevOps and Build & Release Management, Software Configuration activities and Deployment activities for software applications.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Created the files and structure needed to run Docker images through our private Rancher Catalog.
- Implementing new build framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Chef Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Integration of ANT/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Configured the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower so that other users can run them with just a push of a button.
- Worked on GIT Distributed Version Control System.
- Configuring Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents
- Manage deployment automation using Chef and Custom Chef Modules.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Demonstrated on Ansible along with Ansible Tower can be used to automate different software
- Implemented the Master slave architecture to improve the performance of Jenkins.
- Troubleshoot the issues raised in Jenkins while using for continuous integration and deployment
- Conducting analysis on ANT build projects for conversion and converting to MAVEN build projects.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
Environment: AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Web Sphere, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, Agile/Scrum, Chef, SDLC, Docker, Windows, Linux, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, GIT, GitHub, YAML, VPN, AWS EC2, AWSS3, VPC, AWS IAM, AWS RDS, Bash, Shell, Python, Ubuntu, RHEL
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed on-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Implemented automation with Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment, and development. Prepared documentation describing the configuration state of each item that was under CM control.
- Deployed web applications using Chef by developing the Cookbook. Also responsible for creating and importing all the environments that are required to run the project.
- Managed Virtual servers (Ubuntu, Linux and Windows) on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef server.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN and GIT.
- Created Linux containers in CoreOS and Docker and Automated system using Chef.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using Jenkins with build tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle.
- Used Splunk forwarders to provide reliable and secure collection and delivery of data to the Splunk platform for indexing, storage and analysis.
- Set up Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana for multiple clusters, helping other teams quickly access new job logs.
- Indexed data in Elastic-Search using the river plugin. Queried data using the elastic search API.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Designed/developed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes Docker on CoreOS.
- POC and architect transition and implementation of Kubernetes/Docker.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Collaborated with development and Support teams to setup a Continuous Delivery environment with the use of Docker, continuous build and delivery tools.
- Implemented CI/CD using Docker, GIT-Hub, TravisCI, AWS ECR and Kubernetes to test, build and deploy services.
- Created NFS (Network File System) and provided persistent storage for SCM/CI/CD with NFS volume type to make them stateful.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/Git and use Ant/Maven to build War/Jar artifacts.
- Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GIT-Hub.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Build scripts using Ant and Maven build tools in Jenkins and Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Developing customized Shell scripts in order to install, manage, configure multiple instances of Splunk forwarders, indexers, search heads, deployment servers.
- Experience in using Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers.
- Integrating JIRA into Splunk Enterprise and Bug Reporting for product through JIRA.
- Used Nagios for application and hardware resource monitoring. Writing new plug-ins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Created a microservice environment on the cloud by deploying services as docker containers. We used Amazon ECS as a container management service to run microservices on a managed cluster of EC2 instances. Implemented Amazon API Gateway to manage, as an entry point for all the API's.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Utilized AWS Lambda platform to upload data into AWS S3 buckets and to trigger other Lambda functions.
- Created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB. This function also sends data to Amazon CloudWatch for simple monitoring of metrics.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked on installing JIRA add-on for SFDC data ingestion calling through APIs.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine access of AWS resources to users. Also, managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Created a universal CloudFormation template where the environment's values are dynamically calculated based on client specific parameters during deployment.
- Added the CloudFormation template into GIT-Hub for versioning as part of the continuous integration process.
- Responsible for managing MongoDB environment with high availability, performance and scalability perspectives.
- Worked on MongoDB database design and indexing techniques. Good knowledge on MongoDB write concern majority
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams.
Environment: Linux, Chef, Jenkins, SVN, GIT, AWS, Route 53 DNS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Python, Ruby, Bash, Shell, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash), Docker, Kubernetes, Nexus, Artifactory, Tomcat, Apache, DynamoDB, Gradle, MongoDB.
- Working for Dev Ops Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Cloud Automation.
- Organized and Co-Ordinated Product Releases work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Designed, configured and deployed multiple applications utilizing the Amazon Web Services focusing on high-availability, Auto-Scaling and defined IAM, Security Groups in AWS.
- Troubleshooting Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Puppet Installation setup and full-fledged automation for SOLR Alfresco.
- Well versed in planning, designing, developing infrastructure automation puppet for build and release process, Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Developed test scripts for puppet modules using beakers, ruby framework, planned and developed BDD TDD scripts.
- Developed deployment, configurations, provisioning all the middleware products using puppet and ruby.
- Created detailed documentation of complex build and release process for Demand ware, post release activities process, JIRA workflow and Release notes.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool GIT and developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Improving Continuous Integration workflow using Virtual Environments like Docker and automated Build process using Docker and similar tools.
- Installed, Configured, Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool also automated Continuous Build and deploys Scripts for Jenkins.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process, provided ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Able to manage artifacts using Nexus Artifactory management tool, POWESHELL.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production
- Attended daily stand up meetings, bug-scrub meetings, Sprint planning meetings and Weekly release health check-up meetings as best practices of agile environment.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Chef, AWS, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Python, Cloud Watch, Red hat Linux, UNIX, Windows servers, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Cloud Formation, Puppet, IIS, Antifactory, ELK, Maven, Gradle.
Confidential, Sanjose, CA
Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Handled Code reviews and merging Pull requests.
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Responsible for configuring and maintenance of Rational Clear Case in Windows and UNIX environment.
- Managed Clear Case repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Implement and support build and deployment processes of Enterprise Applications.
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate deployments of JAR and WAR.
- Used Build Forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Maintain and track inventory using U-deploy and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Worked with JIRA tool for change control & ticketing.
- Worked with Jira, a tool that handles DCR (Defect Change Request), MR (Maintenance Request).
Environment: SCM, UNIX, Clear case, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, python, Maven, Build forge, WebSphere, U-deploy, Jira.