- 15+ yrs. experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Windows 10, Windows 7, Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, Exchange, Outlook, Office, LYNC (Skype), System Center, SharePoint, and similar technologies
- 7+ yrs. experience with virtualization related technologies, Hyper - V, VMWare, vCenter, failover clustering, shared virtual disks, live migration, high availability
- Experience in Enterprise IT administration for 10,000+ server multi domain forest, virtual and physical servers
- Experience in Enterprise IT support for 5,000+ remote users, 500+ on-site users
- Support and administration for network, data and storage management, hardware and software support, proprietary application development support
- Experience with LUN, SAN, NAS, DAS, Pure Storage System, Tegile Storage, Brocade
- Extremely high customer service standards, strong work ethic, high productivity, fast learner, attention to detail, willingness to change and adapt to new organizational standards
- Recent certification: Amazon Web Services AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Studying CCENT, Linux+, and Azure Foundations Certification currently
- Experience with various troubleshooting tools such as ProcMon, Process Explorer, and various event viewer and application troubleshooting debugging/parsing software.
Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, Windows 10, Windows 7, Active Directory, Hyper-V, OS deployment, backup, restore, disaster recovery, compliance, hardening, networking, professional documentation, project coordination, security, PowerShell, Office 365, and other System Center products, Citrix, Xenapp, CommVault, McAfee, Trend Micro, HP ProLiant, AlientVault, DFS, DNS, Group Policy, WSUS, updates, patching, remediation, Nessus, etc.
- Windows 10 support, consulting, purchasing, security remediation and upgrades, software and hardware installations/upgrades, performance improvements, backups, child online safety, cabling and wifi support, keeping skills sharp, customer facing support.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Azure, Linux+ certification, CCENT
- Systems Administrator on a security compliance project; team collaboration in data/systems/applications migration and security compliance; tiered virtual cluster design and build, system and network design, web server and web application proxy server build and configuration on VLAN, DNS and event log troubleshooting, patch remediation, professional quality documentation, unsupervised work, remote work.
- Disaster Recovery admin, 10,000+ servers from ransomware. Remote work from Datacenter located in Charlotte, NC. Remote deployment, restore, and install physical and virtual machines globally, locally and remotely, RAID configuration, restorations from backups via CommCell CommVault v.11. Virtual restore to VMWare vCenter 5.5; server hardening, McAfee Enterprise config/custom rules, documentation.
- Development /programming market-trading algorithms in MQL4 language (MQL4/Metaquotes4 derived from C) This was an educational foundation for my PowerShell and CLI learning.
Confidential, Asheville, NC
National Service Desk - Application Admin
- User support and Jr. system administration duties for a VMware environment, View 5.1 - 6 (View Horizon precursor) Microsoft Active Directory, Windows operating systems, including Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7, Exchange, LYNC, Outlook, Remote Desktop, SharePoint, Infopath, SQL, Citrix, UNIX, McAfee, Symantec Backup Exec (Veritas Netbackup), and other applications across the VA network, hardware, network connectivity, data and storage management
- Troubleshooting and management for 5000+ users and also admins (500+ working on-site and 2000+ remotely connecting via Citrix, VPN, Rescue, Microsoft RDP) across the VA network including Guam and Puerto Rico.
- The position provided Information Security training in handling medical-related Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and awareness and procedures regarding HIPAA privacy laws.
- Held U.S. Government security clearance to data and secured physical resources at an electronic-key secured facility; domain administrator permissions across multiple sites and domains. Used tools such as Windows Server Administrator Tools, SCCM, SCOM, SCSM, vSphere, vCenter, View Administrator, MMC.
- Duties included creating, managing, and maintaining Active Directory user accounts, Microsoft Exchange email accounts including configuring attributes, encryption, email storage resource allocation, smart card integration, PKI, network file share configuration and management, backup, restore, user and group folder permissions, configuration of Outlook for delegation and other various leveraging of Outlook, also creating and configuring LYNC accounts and pools, SIP assignment, LYNC updates, upgrades, user notebook support, migrations/user transfers. User notebooks’ image deployment, inventory, disk encryption by Endpoint, network VPN config/support
- Other duties include creating and managing virtual machines, managing the VMware environment including resource allocation; support and configuration of SharePoint and Infopath, IIS, SQL, DNS, DHCP, routing/port forwarding, firewall, anti-virus, anti-intrusion (Endpoint and McAfee), Licensing, CAL, Certificates of Authenticity, Remote Web Apps, VPN, Citrix, PKI, RDP, PIV, VOIP, App-V, Office Suite products, various 3rd party applications and integration nationwide, Electronic Medical Records, printers, backup, restore, Symantec Backup Exec backups of VMware, Windows, and UNIX environments including backup to tape for off site storage, including recovery from tape to production environment, shadow copies, inventory, laptops, mobile devices, etc.
Confidential, Asheville, NC
Field Technician/ Systems Administrator
- Technician in customer-facing support managed services, purchasing and design consultation, Windows and Mac systems hardware and software troubleshooting and support, network administration, Trend Micro, Endpoint, Office 365, VERITAS and Symantec Backup Exec, Backup Administration, Windows Small Business Server, Hyper-V, HA, AutoCAD, Citrix, Xen App, DNS, VMWare, clustering, new and existing cabling projects, Systems administration duties for managed services clients including backup / restore / security / antivirus / file and storage management and other design, management, and maintenance of clients’ networks/infrastructure, and other various managed IT services