Multi - certified technology professional with experience managing enterprise implementations of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Unified Messaging Solutions. Expert in gathering, analyzing and defining business and functional requirements. Proficient in implementing and designing network systems following industry best practices.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Network & Systems Administration
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Data/Business/Systems Analysis
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Budgeting and cost analysis
- Information Security Auditing & Reporting
- Major Software/Systems Implementations
- Systems Security & Disaster Recovery Planning
- Technical Writing (Manuals/Policies & Procedures)
- Microsoft SCCM
- Thales & Safe Net Hardware Security Modules
- Information Security Architecture & Design
Applications: Metasploit, OpenVAS, Checkpoint, Firewall & IDS/IDP technologies, Linux, Microsoft Server NT-2016, Microsoft Exchange 5.5-2010, Unified Messaging, Skype for Business, Symantec Altiris Deployment Solutions, Novell ZENworks, Compaq Insight Manager, Norton Ghost, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visual FoxPro, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office
Systems: Windows, VMWARE (ESXi), NetWare, Linux
Languages: VBS, Power Shell, HTML, Ansible, Bash/ksh
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
Sr. Identity and Access Management Security Specialist
- Deployment of Active Directory Rights Management solutions with Thales Hardware Security Modules to secure our email and voicemail systems with encryption. This is a large enterprise wide solution that has involved working with many different teams with varying levels of knowledge, as well as in the field users.
- Helped plan and organize the deployment of Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics to help secure our monitoring of traffic and events. This included the integration with Splunk and our monitoring alerting infrastructure giving us not only alerting, but historical trending data in which to monitor, investigate, and analyze possible security incidents.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to plan, design and deploy Windows instances at scale, into a complex Active Directory connected Azure cloud. Delivered a comprehensive in depth security solution including Palo Alto Firewalls, both host based IDS/IDP systems, and comprehensive security analytics. IN addition centralized the management and deployment of the security infrastructure using Ansible and other automation tools. We recently have begun deploying Infoblox domain naming solution into the cloud as well, to better protect our system from DDoS and DNS based attacks.
- Assisting another security team that is working on Cyber Ark technology, a privileged access solution. I am the SME responsible for providing security assessments, recommendations and assist with remediation plans around both Microsoft Active Directory and our Radiant Logic Virtual Directory solution, which is currently undergoing testing and being readied for deployment into production.
Confidential - milwaukee, WI
Sr. Network Administrator
- Co-led a team of different individuals during the conversion from Novell Directory Services to Microsoft Active Directory, which involved the building of new servers for DNS, DHCP, Authentication, and all other aspects of the conversion to the new system.
- Helped plan and organize the move from Send Mail product to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, which included high availability using network load balancing and clustering.
- Wrote, planned, and budgeted for the purchase of Windows Update Server along with implementation following Microsoft best practices.
- Worked as part of a team that migrated our student email system to a hosted Microsoft Live solution.
- Actively participating in the planning phase of switching from Microsoft Exchange 2003 to Microsoft Exchange 2010.
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
- Helped to prepare for a conversion from Novell Directory Services to Microsoft Active Directory, while providing support to the schools and central administrative staff of the district.
Confidential - Butler, WI
- Wrote and amended our operational plan to increase our services skills to include CPAP.
- Writing and amending to our operational plan to include 12 lead EKG transmissions.
- Successful grant writing to help obtain funds for the purchase of equipment and supplies.