- Over 8+ years of comprehensive experience in the areas of DevOps, AWS, Google Cloud and Linux Administration.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud environments and Data centers.
- Depending on the service worked on Azure, got the opportunity to work entirely in Open Source and then designing a machine learning pipeline using Microsoft Azure Machine Learning to predict and prescribe.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Managing Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of Amazon instances like EC2 using Amazon Cloud Watch.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources such as VPC EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers like Apache.
- Create, configure and manage Resource Pools and CPU Load Balancing.
- Deploy Puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2instances, volumes, DNS and S3.
- Worked on AWS for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavours viz., OEL, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and Solaris in both Linux and Windows.
- Firm grasp on Cloud Security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface)
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Worked on creating alarms, alert policies and notifications for Google Compute Engine instances using stack driver monitoring.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies like Scrum, Sprints model.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back - ups and Cron Jobs.
- Worked on updating Groovy for the migration of Jenkins jobs from MS Azure to Google cloud.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Excellent understanding of Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, mail, FTP.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like Gradle, ANT, Maven and novice knowledge on other Build tools like MS Build and CMake.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Ability to restore the Jenkins jobs whenever needed by creating Jenkins jobs constant backup and built Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery environment on Linux Machines.
- Good knowledge of UCM ClearCase, ClearQuest and experience with additional version control tools such as SVN, Perforce, CVS and TFS.
- Worked extensively on cross-platforms (Windows and UNIX) with UCM ClearCase, Subversion (SVN), TFS and GIT.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis techniques to Checkstyle, Findbugs with CI tools.
- Extensive experience on Jenkins, Build Forge and Docker for continuous integration and end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool Chef and also created and managed Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins.
- Expertise in using various Puppet features such as Resource management (Package, Service, and File), User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
- Configuration Automation using Puppet and Docker Containers.
- Knowledge on Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for development teams and containerization of environment’s delivery for releases.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Hands-On Experience in building Continuous delivery environments using Jenkins, Git/GitHub, and Collaboration tools, AWS Cloud formation and Puppet.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Develop, Maintain, update various script for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based Korn shell, Bash.
- Worked on deployment of various services like RabbitMQ, Activiti, Redis, Elastic search, Arango DB, Postgres, Spark and also data containers in a containerized environment using Docker-compose.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database.
- Worked on ArangoDB data store where exceptions and loan details are maintained. The Arango database ships with an administrative UI for querying and creating new collections.
- Developed Web applications using Python, Ruby, Cassandra and ArangoDB.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Configuring and installing VMware Virtual Center server sand VMware Vcenter Appliance and manage VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client.
- Installed and worked on standalone Flexicapture Engine in Development environment for document processing.
- Conducted performance testing of Apache and Tomcat management services.
- Monitoring the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 on call support rotation basis.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11/10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x, SUSE 10/11/12, UBUNTU, Windows NT/XP/ 2003/2008/2012.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP, IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, ISCSI, Fiber Channel.
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, Jinja2
Application/Web Servers: Tomcat 6.0/7.0, Web Logic 9.0/10.0, JBoss, Web sphere 6.0/ 7.0/8.0,Apache,Nginx
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL, postgre, sql.
Web Technology: HTML 4.0/5.0., DHTML, XML, PHP, Java Script, Servlets and JSP.
Build Tools/CI Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Teamcity.
Source Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, CVS, Clear Case.
Cloud Services: AWS, Rackspace, Terraform
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Rabbit MQ
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, SQL.
Confidential, Bethpage, NY
Sr. Devops/AWS Engineer
- Experienced in Provisioning Azure of Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, and Logic Apps on Microsoft Azure classic and azure resource manager
- Worked on Nginx configurations and deployed through Jenkins to all the environments.
- Build and performed Jenkins jobs for deploying using ansible playbook and bitbucket.
- Experience with deploying applications with upgraded versions.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like App Dynamic and Splunk for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Experience in centralized log tools (Splunk, ELK) and Automated Logstash (ELK Stack) as part of Server Build. Built Elasticsearch (ELK Stack) cluster in multiple data centers for High Availability.
- Strong Server Build skills and building client/server services like NFS, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, LAMP, VNC, Sendmail and Qmail.
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and the implementation of micro services in PCF.
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Private Cloud Foundry(PCF) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development
- Wrote and implemented Perl script to modify LDAP database and to create custom cloud watch metric.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Monitored servers in Cloud watch during deployment and handled troubleshooting steps.
- Created alarms for EC2 and RDS instances using Python2 and Boto3 scripting languages.
- Experience to create different Templates of ARM under platform of Azure
- Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Create and maintain deployment pipelines for multiple environments.
- Experience administering Linux systems (CentOS, Ubuntu) and web architectures (NodeJS, Nginx).
- Worked on terraform to create ec2 servers through ansible playbook.
- Developed custom Jenkins jobs/pipelines that contained Bash shell scripts utilizing the AWS CLI to automate infrastructure provisioning
- Experienced with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GITHub and AWS
- Good knowledge on Routers and Switches, Subnet, VLAN, TCP/IP, VPN, OSI model and Firewall (checkpoint), HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Worked with performance test engineer’s team for giving permissions and access to EC2 servers.
- Troubleshooted deployments during releases in pre-production and production environments.
- Experience using databases like MySQL, MongoDB, MSSQL and Oracle.
- Setting up ETL for environments and Configuring RabbitMQ.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure.
- Wrote deployment recipes for infrastructure management (Terraform).
- Experience in automating private and public cloud configuration using Terraform.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Designed Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and migration from traditional to cloud environment.
Environment: s: AWS, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, EC2, RDS, IAM, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Chef, GITHub, Route53, SNS, Python2, Jinja2, ELB, Splunk, Redis, Nginx, Apache2, Celery, Linux, Jabber, JRipper, Slack, RabbitMQ, New Relic, ETL.
Confidential, Lakewood, NJ
Sr AWS DevOps Engineer
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Writing Manifests/Modules for Installation and Updating of Yum repositories on the Server using Puppet infrastructure.
- Configured Route 53 by using CFT templates, assigned the DNS mapping for the AWS servers and trouble-shoot the issues of the load balancer's, auto scaling groups and Route 53.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Installed Configured and Upgraded Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x to 5.x and configured various patching schedules to meet patching criteria quarterly.
- Developed automation scripting in Shell using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Used Azure Terraform and Azure OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Red hat Linux like Nagios, Splunk and Puppet.
- Extensively worked in troubleshooting memory issues and performance issues using Dynatrace and IBM Tivoli Performance Viewer and tuning the system for JVM parameters.
- Used Kubernetes as an open source platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of applications containers across clusters of hosts, providing container centric infrastructure.
- Analysis of TFS 2015 relevant features for upgrade such as TFS builds (agent pools), Git integration, Kanban enhancements.
- Kubernetes to deploy applications quickly and predictably.
- Used ServiceNow as a CRM for the release management and incident management and change management processes.
- Experience writing puppet manifests for apache installation and configuration as well as for various deployments.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Docker can be integrated into various tools like AWS, Puppet, Vagrant, Jenkins & VMware containers.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications in the agile process.
- Experience migrating SVN repositories to GIT.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Configured and installed monitoring tools Grafana, Kibana, Log stash and Elastic Search on the servers.
- Business data analysis using Big Data tools like Splunk, ELK.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated it with Jenkins. Implemented SonarQube to analyze code quality metrics, to verify the coding standards and setup quality gates to allow/fail builds as per requirement.
- Created and tracked the release improvement process to be applied across all IT domains and initiates new projects related to release management.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Participated in all Product Release and Patches.
Environment: AWS Cloud, AIX and Windows, BMC Remedy, Terraform,Shell, Python, Web Logic Server, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Jira, SQL, J2EE, Puppet, Perl, Cruise Control, UNIX, Windows NT/2000 and Web Sphere, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Ubuntu, Centos, Aws, Elastic load balancer, S3, Cloud watch, IAM, RDS, Storage gateway, SonarQube.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Build and Release Engineer
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Ansible, Jenkins and GIT Hub.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Integrated Subversion (SVN) into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Experience in working with Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver using testing.
- Server for integrated source control, builds, testing and deployment and lead upgrades of TFS
- Software Build and Deployment: Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX Scripts, Oracle PL/SQL build and deployment. Managed, maintained and deployed to test, acceptance and PROD environments.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers (for example, Amazon EC2) with the Ansible Platform configuration system from first light, through initial technology development, and into production and maintenance.
- Automating The Build process using Subversion (SVN), and Maven.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.,)
- Performed IIS Website deployment automation using MS Web Deploy tool with PowerShell.
- Created Perl Scripts for complex Data parsing, Analysis and Report generation and created Shell scripts for generation of Disk Space, Archive, system monitoring for staging environment.
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Mac and Windows platforms
- Design, develop and implement an automated Linux (Centos, Amazon) infrastructure using Collective and AWS and move existing applications off windows seamlessly to it while aggressively growing.
- Involvement in Websphere Process Server Replacement Project, with another instance of Websphere Application Server.
- Created the Clustering Topology in WebSphere Application Server ND V6.x to achieve Work Load Management (WLM), High availability, Load Balancing and Hardware fail over.
- Configuration of Jenkins along with Maven and Jython Scripts for Automated build and deployment Process.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Chef Framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Extensively used Perforce as a Configuration Management tool to manage source code
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Build Forge, AnthillPro, and Cruise Control for build and deployment automation.
Environment: AWS cloud Jenkins, GIT, MAVEN, JIRA, JAVA/J2EE, Web Sphere, Nagios, Puppet, Unix/Linux, Windows, Ruby, Perl, Shell, Jira, Apache Tomcat, XML and Java/J2EE.
Confidential, Troy, MI
DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like developments QA and production.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Used Chef to configure and mange infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Designed and developed shell scripts.
- Hands on compiling builds using pom.xml and build.xml.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Hudson for automating the build processes.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Integrated maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Performed necessary day to day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Created and maintained Subversion/GIT repositories, branches and tags.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Executed the planning of product software releases.
- Performed clean builds according to scheduled releases.
- Verified whether the methods used to create and recreate software builds are reliable and repeatable.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to the build life cycle.
Environment: RTC, SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, NAnt, and Maven, Puppet, Azure, Jenkins, Clear case, Unix, Linux, Perl, Python, Ruby, AWS, Bamboo, Hudson, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, Weblogic.
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Clear Case, SVN, CVS, and GIT.
- Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases.
- Providing configuration services on multiple platforms in the test environment running on one or more IT Platforms: Client/server, Jenkins, MSBuild, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX.
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, MS Build, TFS Team Explorer, and SVN.
- Worked on SVN&CVS Administration including user management, repo migration, repo creation, repository hook script implementation, Integration with Jira/GIT/Fisheye, troubleshooting.
- Created and configure jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo
- Extensive experience with Perforce. Experience with SVN/CVS, and GIT Software Configuration tools (Source Control).
- Managed all the environment and application level config using Git.
- Documented and published complete migration process of Subversion (SVN admin dumps) to UCM Clear Case (VOBS).
- Developed and build and deployment standards with input from development, IT/operations, and IT security.
- Evaluated build automation tools (Open Make and AnthillPro), recommended AnthillPro.
- Configured and deployed AnthillPro in Solaris 10 environment with multiple zones/containers, using Oracle database and multiple CVS servers and repositories. Configured services using SMF and XML.
Environment: Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Jenkins, Python, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows.