- Highly accomplished and results - oriented Technology Engineer and Architect with over 18 years of extensive leadership experience and proven success across IT consulting, architecture, management, SaaS operations, global network operations, and change management.
- Successful track record of overseeing the data center operations through strategic planning and implementation to ensure that the data center remained ahead of demand in terms of storage space, processing power, and connectivity.
- Skilled at developing annual budgets, assessing ongoing and future infrastructure needs, and the strategic decommissioning of old architecture before the end of its useful life cycle.
- Proficient at overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals and directing the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes.
CORE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Technology Architecture
- Project/Program Management
- Network Administration
- Quality Assurance
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
- Security Management
- Change Management
- Technology Consulting
- Technology Management
- Operations Management
- Data Center Management
- Organizational Development
Router and Switches: Cisco, ASR and Nexus series, Foundry, Juniper, F-10.
Monitoring, Alerting and Capacity Planning: Solarwinds, Cacti, Tivoli, Openview, Nagios, via SNMP, ICMP, WMI, MIBs, NetFlow, External monitoring and performance, and scripting.
Wi-Fi: Ruckus, Cisco, authentication, BYOD, and Security.
WAN Circuits: T-1, DS-X, OC-X, Frame, VPN (site-to-site and remote), MPLS, VPLS, and Metro-E.
WAN/LAN Routing/Switching: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, STP types, vPC, vLT, VLAN, and QoS.
Load Balancing: Cisco CSS and ACE, F-5, Citrix, Sun Nauticus, and proxy.
Network Security: Routers and Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint, Sonicwall, Snort, ACL, PFSense, IP Chains, System FW, SnoopWall NAS, Vuln and Pen Scanners such as Qualys.
VPN: Site to Site and Remote Cisco - ASA / 3030, Juniper, Sonicwall, SSH, SSL, and OpenVPN.
Security and Auditing: Port Scans, DNS, Email retention, SOX, PCI, HIPPA, SOC, ISO, and response.
Disaster Recovery: Technical and policy setup both active and passive DR.
Windows Admin: NT, 95, 98, 2000, XP, 2003, 2008r2, and 2012.
UNIX Administration: Solaris, AIX, and BSD.
Linux Administration: RedHat, Susse, Debian, Cent OS, and Ubuntu.
SSL/TLS and Key management: Server and SSL offload device, SNI, and management.
Access Authentication and Authorization: VPN, LDAP, Radius, Key-fob- RSA, AD, AAA, and TACAS+.
Scripting: Perl, Shell, SED, and (N) AWK.
DNS: Bind, M.S., F-5 Global Load Balancing, and 3rd Party hosted.
Email Building and Troubleshooting: SendMail, SMTP, IMAP, POP, and Exchange, Communigate, and Cloud (office365).
Web Server: Installing, tuning and deployments of Apache and IIS.
Spam/Virus Control: Brightmail, Spam Assassin, Barracuda, Cisco, and Palo Alto.
Database: Installation and basic administration (non-DBA) - MS SQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
Backup Solutions Veritas Backup Exec: Tape, Spindle, Optical, and Cloud.
Packet Analysis: Ethreal, wireshark, and TCPdump.
VoIP Installa ti on and Administra ti on: Cisco Call Center, Avaya, Astrix, and PaaS (Cloud).
Datacenter: Builds (14 from bare metal), migrations (physical or cloud providers) and multiple consolidations.
Standard Procedure Creation and Documentation: ITIL Fundamentals, Best Practice, and OSI layer maps.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Principal Infrastructure Architect
- Design and deploy technical solutions for all IT infrastructure teams, worldwide. Network, Security, Systems, Storage, Data Center, hardened security for malware and government, etc.
- Consolidate and reduce costs for all systems, tools and data centers.
- Evaluate multiple offerings, TCO, ROI and technical specifications for new and existing technologies.
- Provide technical management and direction for all related projects and mentoring of technical staff.
Confidential, Round Rock, TX
Head of IT Consulting and Principal Architect
- Instrumental in architecture and build out of IT, Operations, Networks and Security for business, and medical clients while providing IT consulting with a SaaS startup involving architecture and set-up of an AWS Three-tiered environment, hiring of software engineers, and set-up software development cycles (agile) and deployments.
- Replaced and upgraded EOL gear for multiple small-medium sized companies as well as completed security upgrades to meet Audit requirements.
- Actively provided consultancy on HIPPA/SOC/PCI requirements and technology consultancy from vendor selection and purchasing to set-up of development environments.
- Successfully led all technology teams as well as served as a key player in business strategy and planning.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Manager SaaS Operations
- Significantly increased network and platform security via security best practices, firewalls, NAS, centralized logging, IDS, and redesign of network.
- Progressively reduced OpEX and CapEx expenditures through efficient use of existing equipment, technology and adding capacity planning with metric monitoring.
- Contributed in addition of significant monitoring for capacity planning, troubleshooting, automating alert actions and refining to actionable alerts.
- Gradually increased uptime from low 90th percentile to 4-9s or 5-9s, depending on the product while interfacing with business and software managers to create strategic direction for the platform.
- Intellectually overhauled and redesigned the engineering office’s IT environment to bring it up to best practice and increase speed and uptime and security.
- Consolidated multiple non-production environments to decrease costs and improve stability, uptime, and performance in addition to creating DR planning and policy for both the IT and all SaaS platforms.
- Efficiently worked with Development and QA leaders to improve time between deployments, allow for no-downtime deployments to the production environment, speed up testing time, and allow for automated testing via virtualization.
- Completed security architecture environment improvements in areas to pass both SOC-2 (Type 2) and ISO 27001 audits.
- Regularly interfaced with sales and marketing for technology messaging, contract compliance, budgeting (for all technology in the division), reasonable SLA, pricing models and of technology.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Manager and Principal Architect
- Competently designed and built two new call-centers overseas with new and modern architecture by monitoring a revamp centered around Orion (Solarwinds), including capacity, application, security, logging, traps and alarms.
- Diligently replaced OSPF with EIGRP and tuned the dynamic routing for path redundancy and optimization.
- Proficiently fixed all BGP and fixed/tuned the VPLS WAN fully meshed network to conclude significant security improvements in working with the SecOps team and VP.
- Accomplished global establishment of QOS to support real time applications and VoIP along with a complete architecture redesign, and site refresh for all call-centers worldwide, and data-centers (1.5 MIL project).
- Successfully redesigned Wi-Fi infrastructure at many sites to increase performance and security including NAS for BYOD, Heat maps for coverage, and dynamic frequency.
Sr. IT Operations Manager
- Reliably designed and implemented all aspects of creating a follow the sun support methodology for IT Operations as a tier 3 department, which included all cross- activities to support new acquisitions and platforms.
- Designed and implemented, by working with every team, a full 4-tier incident and request management system across all offices internationally, completely replacing a hodgepodge of five distinct ticketing and management systems. This includes all pertinent processes and procedures.
- Designed and implemented automated escalation and call procedures for incident management, which allowed for a single incident trigger that auto-calls, SMS and emails via scheduling and escalation paths.
- Build of a completely new office in Seattle for my team from people working remote. -Includes two networks for the office, as well as the Wireless.
- Consolidation of 2 data-centers into a single.
Confidential, Seattle, WA and Silicon Valley, CA
Founder, Head IT Architect
- Effectually completed Datacenter Builds, full infrastructure platforms, and IT department and operations set-up including hiring and, documentation, and establishment of policies and procedures.
- Played a key role in enterprise office builds, redesign, and additions, which included Wi-Fi, security, and broadband.
- Served as a Principal Architect on a national cellular carrier’s HSPA+ network upgrade.
- Perseveringly completed Multiple Datacenter Migrations, Several set-ups of Dual Stack (IPv4 and IPv6) networks, and System Administration Automation.
- Set-up a LAMP and various technology stack environments while optimizing network for BGP, OSPF and EIGRP, QoS, and layer 2.
- Set-up PAX / SIX peering and supported multiple client networks including break-fix emergencies and emergency call.
- Designed and implemented Network and full platform monitoring (systems and applications) while performing security audits for PCI, SOX and HIPPA and working on CTC, 1099 and W-2 gigs.