To obtain a Network Engineer position that will utilize my skills and experience in engineering.
- Over 8 years of experience as Network Test Engineer. Self - starter & highly focused and customer oriented individual with excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and trouble shooting skills. A can-do attitude and ability to work in a team
- Experienced in configuring and troubleshooting various routing protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP
- Proficient in configuring Confidential, Confidential networking equipment
- Troubleshooting the Network Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and RIP) during the Migrations
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, SMTP, Netflow, DNS
- Proficient in LINUX/UNIX system administration
- Experienced in traffic generation tools Ixia, Spirent.
- Hands on experience in configuration and troubleshooting of Layer 3 protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP)
- Hands on experience in configuration and troubleshooting of Layer 2 features (VLAN, STP, RSTP, VTP, Port Security)
- Measured Convergence by routes, Convergence by neighbors for routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP)
- Knowledge of multicasting in layer-2 switching environment like IGMP v1, v2 and PIM- DM, PIM-SM
- Configured ASA 5510 to provide site to site VPN connectivity between two client offices
- Exceptional working relationships in one - on-one and group settings.
- Strong troubleshooting and technical support abilities.
- Sound track record of completing goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Networks: Frame Relay, LAN, WAN
Protocols: VTP, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN, BGP,OSPF,EIGRP,RIP Layer 3 switching: Multi-Layer Switching, Ether channel, IKE, IPsec, AAA, Access-lists, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP IGMP v1, v2, PIM- SM, PIM-DM.
LAN: Confidential switches from ( ) Confidential PIX 525, Confidential Catalyst switches, Nexus 5K, Nexus 7K
Firewall: Confidential ASA 5505/5510/5520 Network Traffic
Tools: Ixia, Spirent, Wire shark.
Network Services: VPN, SNMP, Radius, TACACS, DHCP.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, XP/2000.
Technologies: BGP, OSPF, RIP, VLAN dot1q, ISL,STP-RSTP, VPN IPSEC, Ether channel- LACP, PAGP. NAT, Access-lists
Scripting: Tcl, Python
Database: MY SQL
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Setup/Configure/Deploy Firewall, VOIP, Encryption, Wireless, Firewall, and other security solutions
- Network administration and maintenance for new and existing networks
- Remote and onsite support for client networks
- Assist with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 installation, migration, and maintenance projects
- Maintenance and implementation of corporate anti-virus security solutions
- Setup and maintain DNS, DHCP, and other networking elements
- Assist in maintaining disaster recovery planning and documentation for client networks
- Assist, lead, and/or collaborate with clients in the performance of server or network support Troubleshooting/ restoring Microsoft Windows Servers, workstations, and Exchange Servers
- Day to day support, monitoring, management & installation / configuration of a global mission critical server infrastructure
- Implement and run upgrade and patch management programs
- Basic Network troubleshooting
- Support users to Setup & Maintain VMware vSphere environment
- Provide technical support and analysis for all network systems and components
- Monitor servers and network to ensure reliability and performance
- Support to Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring tools
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Confidential .
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Testing network with various tools like Nmap, Net Scan, Ethereal, Snort, WinDump / TCPDump.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes. Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions .
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Network Implementation Engineer
- Implementing and providing operational support in areas of complex networking environment like routing/switching protocols
- Supporting project manager in implementing network infrastructure
- Configuring and testing network connectivity using BGP,OSPF on Confidential, Juniper, Arista switches and routers
- Provided site validation installing network elements with
- Implementing and troubleshooting network implementation issues
- Responsible for upgrading, documenting and maintaining network infrastructures for a global network, including various high density data - center deployments that require 100% uptime.
- Troubleshoots and resolves critical network issues.
- Identify automation challenges and propose and implement solutions
- Performed network hardware validation for juniper, arista, Confidential -nexus switch
- Configured devices using python script.
- Created pre-config and config ticket before creating bubble.
- Configured BGP and OSPF in production.
- Troubleshooting of site tickets which include all hardware validation.
- Configured ACS6048 Cyclades for terminal console.
- Execution of change request in bubbles and costed out devices to check the OSPF, BGP traffic.
- Used Net ranger tool for adding devices and then creating graphs to see traffic.
- Created DNS and DHCP ticket using Configinator.
- Created management bubble, legacy bubble, egress bubble, compute bubbles
- After creating, troubleshoot those bubbles.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Layer 3 functionality, including routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, HSRP VRRP GLBP.
- Layer 2 functionality: Spanning Tree - RSTP, MSTP, PVST. VLAN, Link Aggregation, IGMP Snooping, IPV6 and Multicast.
- Implementation of DNS and DHCP protocols, responsible for keeping the DNS records up to date with the most current picture of the network.
- Provide support for static/dynamic routing, IOS Upgrade, password recovery.
- Performed routing and switching configuration changes as per client requests.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining network operations providing support.
- Successfully upgraded all hosts and V-Center server to vSphere 4.1
- Reconfigured all ESX network connectivity utilization VLAN tagging and teaming
- Network Security: IP Sec, PKI, VPN/DMVPNs, NAT.
- Setting up VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet channel between switches.
- Experience on Unix/Linux operating systems.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Network test Engineer/SQA
- Build test bed for various L1,L2, L3 feature testing on platform, infrastructure, security
- Developed test cases for networks and network topologies.
- Implemented test cases on networks and after testing used to file the defect
- Experience in reporting, reviewing and verifying and closing bugs using HP Quality Center, Team tracker
- Identified defects in feature testing and retested with latest build.
- Performed internal commands to collect logs from trouble causing router/switches. Analyzed logs and escalate issue to Tier3 level and developers.
- Used to reproduce customer filed defect on testbed and checked with latest build still issue is there.
- Configured switches, routers, chassis, line cards, controller and access points via CLI commands and latest firmware to build various network test topologies across Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- Configured basic layer - 2 features like Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) related features like RSTP, MSTP, PVST
- Configured ASA firewall
- Configured POE, UDLD, LFS, RFN, LLDP, FDP, CDP on different fast Iron products
- Upgrading and downgrading image and then troubleshoot the device for L1, L2, L3 protocol testing.
- Configured SNMP, Syslog to check link flap, fan failure, power failure, L2, L3 protocol flap.
- Configured manual 4 unit, 8 unit manual stacking and automatic (secure setup stack) on stackable switches. And did various feature testing like image mismatch, stack port down and aging, stack merge, stack split, hitless failover.
- Measured latency and throughput of stackable units by using Ixia-Automate and Ixia-Network.
- Performed RFC2544 and RFC2889 testing using Ixia traffic generator and prepared performance report.
- Responsible for complete life cycle of devices starting from receiving it, racking it up, configuring it, updating and creating test beds and making use of devices across various typologies. Tools Used: Team Track
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Test & debug routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF and RIP.
- Configured BGP with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems in test environment.
- Configured, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains.
- Configured OSPF network, areas, authentication, redistribution, virtual link and did troubleshooting.
- Document project progress and application/server configuration.
- Implemented SNMP on Confidential routes to allow for network management. Implemented traffic filters on Confidential routes using Standard and Extended access - list.
- Configured ASA 5510 to provide remote access VPN connectivity.
- Customized catalyst switches with VLANs and configured VTP to distribute VLAN information.
- Set up & Manage secure Virtual Private Network (site to site) between Regional and Head Office.
- Provided Technical support to end-users.
- Designed and configured hierarchical IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and route summarization.
- Familiar with redundancy protocols like HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and Load balancing using PAGP, LACP
Network Support Engineer
- Managed more than 50 Lease Lines.
- Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues to give flawless connectivity to Client.
- Earned solid reputation for resolving complex issues and providing exceptional customer service.
- Escalated issues as needed and maintained communication with customer and Technical teams.
- Worked with customers and their issues of network connectivity and maintaining Trouble Ticket System.
- Monitored Bandwidth Usage and Devices Health on regular basis by using What's UP Gold
- Experience in Frame relay and Leased line configuration and management.
- Experience of Confidential routers and Level - 2 switches.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, and ISDN.
- Knowledge of configuring NAT, PAT.
- Knowledge of configuring DHCP.
- Configuring Route Summarization.