- Experience in installing and configuring, upgrading RHEL 5.x/6.x/7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, using kick start server.
- Having good experience in working on IaaS like EC2, PaaS like Docker, RDS and SaaS like Cloud Watch.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology (Scrum), and Waterfall.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Having good experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines from scratch.
- Extensive experience using Maven, ANT and Ansible as build tools for the building of deployable from source code.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Hands on experience in creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes, and have good knowledge on understanding of SWARM.
- Good working experience on DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Virtual Box, Ansible, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, Jenkins and Docker.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platform.
- Experience in various tools and environments like Networking and helped the team Leverage Firewall Rules, VPN, Zones and Security.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS skills, including SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Experienced in Administration of Prod, Dev, Stage and QA environment’s carrying on Windows, REHL, Centos, Ubuntu and Solaris servers.
- Implemented Build/Deployed automation Server utilizing CI Technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Subversion, Maven, Ant, Nexus, JIRA and Selenium for both .NET and J2EE Applications on mixed OS (Windows/Linux/Unix).
- Expertise in configuring and administering network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, SAMBA, Mail Servers.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell, Perl and Python.
- Knowledge on using various routed protocols like TCP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Expertise in Integration, Tuning, Backup, Disaster recovery, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance, System and Network Security and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix Servers.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA/TFS/ Confidential ALM tracking tool and configured various workflows, customizations and plug - in for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience with Nagios, Splunk, and Prometheus for Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Self-motivated, able to set effective priorities to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational
Cloud Environments: AWS
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, Grafana
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, Jenkins
Version Control Tools: Sub version (SVN), GIT, GIT Hub, BIT BUCKET
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic Web, Networking
Languages/Scripts: C, HTML, Shell, Bash, PythonSDLC Agile, Scrum
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux & Windows, CentOS, Debian
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created Builds and deployed builds to different environments based on requests ACM solution was designed that would use SVN. The design and implementation included streams and view for the developers
- Provided technical-support to developers with configuration issues. Defined and implemented Issues, Tasks, Defects and Change management processes using JIRA.
- UNIX, Enterprise JAVA, JDBC, Security Module like SAML, LDAP
- Provided 'Manual', 'Continuous Integration', 'Gated Check-in' and 'Schedule' builds (along with the option to force builds on that schedule even if no changes occurred since the last build)
- Performed installation, configuration and administration of SVN Linux environment
- Engineer and document solutions and processes that are innovative and help the team become more efficient in the deployment and support of the server environments
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to ANT build scripts for JAVA/WEBSPHERE based applications.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Configured &implemented SVN. Involved in conversion of the source code from the SVN to GIT. Worked closely with another CM team, which was migrating from SVN to GIT.
- Experience in setting up Team Deploy for TFS to perform deployments as a post build task.
- Automate infrastructure platform tasks including patching across the ecosystem
- Resolved a history of problematic network failure by troubleshooting LAN/WAN connections between multiple stores for a regional retail chain.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Apache Tomcat.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java
- AdministeredSVNforversioncontroltoincludebranchingandmergemanagement, and JIRA to track process defects.
- Worked with Developing team lead and testing teams to establish a build schedule, execute the build and troubleshoot the build failure, if any.
- Deployed application using Jenkins server and troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolving and working with developers on resolution.
- Administrated Jenkins for managing weekly build, test and deploy chain as a CI CD process.
- Created a seamless pipeline by integrating plugins for GIT and testing the code as well and integrating plugins.
- Automated weekly releasees wit ANT/Maven, debugging and placing builds into Maven repository.
- Configured the users account for continuous integration-Jenkins.
- Created Docker containers procedure including using of Docker trusted registry leading to container as a service.
- Worked with monitoring tools like Grafana, Prometheus and Alert manager to troubleshoot different nodes and pods failure.
- Worked with Kubernetes for cluster management, load balancing, multi-host networking and scaling.
- Maintained the source code repositories such as GIT and SVN.
- Created pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Managed containerized application using its nodes, config maps, selector, services and deploying application containers as pods.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes application, managing Kubernetes manifest files and managing releases of Helm packages.
Environment: C++and Java/J2ee, ANT, SVN, GIT, Kubernetes, Linux, Shell, Hudson, Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus, JIRA, SQL Server.
Confidential, Spring, TX
Jr. DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for analysis, delivery, and implementation of CI/CD pipeline for one or more digital products
- Operational management of Infrastructure and Cloud services, delivering a complex Digital Application stack.
- Building, configuring new server platforms and automated tooling.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting platform level problems.
- Build and Configure Cloud environments.
- Support development teams to configure applications for deployment.
- Installation, configuration and integration of Apps across environments.
- Analyze and fault find often complex technical issues including network and DB connectivity.
- Liaising with third party Development Architects to resolve “discrepancies in build issues”
- Assisting and contributing to plans and running orders to document all activities.
- Identifying and rectifying build/deployment problems.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to complete builds efficiently.
- Ensuring all build documentation is up-to-date under change control and is baselined with Configuration Management.
- Worked on Cloud Technologies and platforms including AWS & Hybrid cloud.
- Familiar with the installation and configuration with some of the software packages like Websphere Application Server; Weblogic; Websphere MQ; WODM; BPM; JBoss; Informatica; Siebel; SFTP Plus; Axway; Oracle OPA.
- Excellent technical analytical skills and experience with software packaging and application integration.
- Familiar with technical automation and tools including HPE CSA, SA, OO as well as Ansible, Puppet, Git.
- Working with Agile Methodologies.
Environment: GIT, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, SSH, SSL, Vagrant, Shell Scripting, AWS, Weblogic.
- Installation and configuration of Solaris 9/10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 systems.
- Involved in building servers using jumpstart and Kickstart in Solaris and RHEL respectively.
- Installation and configuration of RedHat virtual servers using ESXi 4/5 and Solaris servers (LDOMS) using scripts and Ops Center.
- Performed package and patches management, firmware upgrades and debugging.
- Addition and configuration of SAN disks for LVM on Linux, and VERITAS Volume Manager and ZFS on Solaris LDOMs.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of NAS mounts on Solaris and Linux Servers.
- Configuration and administration of ASM disks for Oracle RAC servers.
- Implemented best practices of agile methodology to speed up the delivery process efficiently
- Configuration of Multipath, EMC power path on Linux, Solaris Servers.
- Provided production support and 24/7 support on rotation basis
- Analyzing and reviewing the System performance tuning and Network Configurations.
- Managed Logical volumes, Volume Groups, using Logical Volume Manager.
- Merged Develop branches to Master Branch after successfully completing pull request in stash
- Worked on Jenkins to deploy code in Staging and Production environments.
- Managed administrative tasks, roles and permission and site maintenance through Demand ware Exchange.
- Executed various scripts to automate build and release process.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and OS (Solaris & Linux) infrastructure including patches, users, file systems, and kernel parameters.
- Apply security and kernel patches to Linux servers to ensure a secure environment and adhere to enterprise compliance standards
- Support data management platform initiatives
- Document operating and deployment procedures for other team members to follow.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Communicated failed builds and error-logs to QA and Developers to debug and troubleshoot problem areas.
Environment: s: Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Linux 4/5/6, AIX, Sun Enterprise Servers E5500/E4500, Sun Fire V 1280/480/440, Sun SPARC 1000, Confidential 9000K, L, N class Server, Confidential & Dell blade servers, Confidential RS/6000, VMware ESX Server.