- Around 7 years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release and deployment, and cloud implementation. Had working experience with cloud and monitoring processes as well as DevOps development in Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- Designing highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot various Security Platforms including various Firewalls, IPS/IDS
- Ability to interpret the information collected by network tools e.g. Nslookup, Ping, and Traceroute.
- Knowledge of host/network access control mechanisms e.g., access control list, capabilities lists.
- Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods e.g., end - to-end systems performance monitoring and tools.
- Good working experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Virtual Box, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GIT, Ansible, Puppet, Gradle, SVN, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Hands-on knowledge on Continuous Integration server like Jenkins and deployment into Tomcat/WebSphere Application Servers.
- Strong experience in configuring and maintaining Amazon Web Services which include services like Amazon EC2, ELB, Auto-Scaling, S3, Route53, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front and EMR.
- Designing highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs. Strong knowledge of VMWare NSX and AWS Platforms.
- Experience in designing and deploying the application by utilizing Azure Services (Virtual Machines, SQL Database, Azure Storage, Azure Active, Network Virtualization, Content Delivery Network).
- Strong Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption.
- Experience in the installation, configuration and administration of web and application servers like Apache, Tomcat.
- Experienced in administration of production, development, stage and test environment's carrying on Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos.
- Hands-on experience in working with configuration management tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Working experience designing VPC, Route Tables, Direct Connect, Internet Gateway, Security Groups, and Cloud Watch Monitoring Alerts.
- Experience in automated infrastructure provisioning and application deployment using Chef.
- Worked on GIT, Jenkins for code repository and continuous integration tool. Information Technology Infrastructure Library, current version ITIL
- Experienced with build automation tools like ANT and Maven.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Chef.
- Hands-on experience in writing Bash scripts for building deployment pipelines.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, and managing docker volumes.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gained familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure using NAGIOS.
- Worked on Multi-node Cassandra cluster and Spark cluster using Ansible scripts.
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles
- Expertise in Server and Network maintenance. Install, Manage, Monitor, Configure and Troubleshoot DNS, DHCP and Remote Access.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot NextGen Firewall Platforms Fortigate, Cisco.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT on Linux platforms.
- Strong Knowledge of Virtual Private Network (VPN) security.
- Experience in Agile Testing Methodologies and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven and Ant builds.
- Good understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP suite.
- Experience migrating infrastructure and application from on premises to Azure and from cloud to cloud like Azure to AWS.
- Actively involved in Project Planning, Requirement Management, Release Management & User interface benchmarking for different platforms.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deployment on build on internal data centre servers. Also reused and modified same Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Ubuntu, UNIX, WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7, AIX.
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, Perforce, RTC, GIT, Source Tree
Languages: C, JAVA, XML, SHELL, PERL, RUBY, PYTHON
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2
Application Servers: TOMCAT, WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE
Tools: ANT, MAVEN, HUDSON/JENKINS, CHEF, PUPPET, OPENSTACK BUILD FORGE, NAGIOS, DOCKER.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation AWS Config, S3, autoscaling, Cloud Trail, Lambda, VMWare,Virtualization experience (VM Management), Docker.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins. Ansible .
- Automating the build process using Subversion (SVN), ANT and Maven .
- Worked with multiple development groups to design/create automated build and deployments using MS Build, Ant, and Maven etc.
- Construct Puppet Modules/Functions to Support Solaris IPMP (IP Multi Pathing) on Solaris
- Actively participated in the automation effort and wrote web architecture provisioning scripts for Chef, in Ruby .
- Converted and automated builds using Ant and Maven .
- Developed highly efficient algorithms in C++ through both pair-programming and independent work .
- Worked on running the containers on Docker and also created Docker images .
- Created and configure jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo .
- Created automated build for Continuous Integration using Subversion (SVN) and CruiseControl.net for integrated environments .
- Exposure to Jython, Python scripting .
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Macintosh and Windows platforms .
- Wrote ANT and MS Build scripts to deploy the code to various client environments for the testing teams .
- Used PowerShell for DevOps in Windows-based machines .
- Worked on build tasks using Maven, Ant, Gradle and GNU Make files and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven .
- Involved in development, deployment of infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GitHub .
- Installed, tuned, and administering, maintaining, supporting IBM WebSphere Application Server environments .
- Deployment of application to the Apache Tomcat/ WebLogic Application Server .
- Converted and automated builds using Ant and Maven. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Hudson and maintained continuous integration effort with Hudson along with scheduled builds .
- Extensively used Perforce as a Configuration Management tool to manage source code .
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo .
- Handled builds from development team and performing deployment activities using Jenkins .
- Defined dependencies and plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags .
- Automated Harvest user defined process with Perl scripts .
- Successfully administrated Subversion (SVN), Cruise Control and Anthill Pro .
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build / release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN) and GIT involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery .
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, and Bamboo etc.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (EC2, IAM, Elastic BeanStalk, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), RDS(MySQL), DynamoDB, S3, Glacier, SQS, SNS, Cloud, Formation, Route 53, VPC, CloudWatch), Unix, Python, Jenkins, Git, Chef, Docker, Tomcat, Jboss, Ngnix, Apace Tom cat, JIRA, AnT, Maven.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Nginx as a web server.
- Experience with Build Management tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub. Extensive usage of Tortoise SVN in windows environment for version control activities.
- Worked with cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC with CloudSigma (EU) and GFS storage.
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code. Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Build artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances and were integrated using the Perl and Shell scripts.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery. Prepared JUnit test cases and executed server configurations.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Used Anthill pro as Continuous Integration (CI) server.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
Environment: Docker, Chef, AWS, S3, Autoscaling, EBS, RDS, Cloud sigma, SVN, ANT, Jenkins, LAMP, Anthill Pro, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Perl, Nexus, AWS, Ec2, Junit, Python.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Build & Release Engineer/DevOps Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA UAT & Production.
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of .com Project.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch.
- Used Ant Scripts to automate the build process.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Deployed application modules to WAS based clusters via ND admin console.
- Created deployment request tickets in Bugzilla for the deploying the code to Production.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Suggested latest upgrades and technologies for NoSQL databases.
- Evaluated system performance and validated NoSQL solutions.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML and DDL) which have dependencies on the code on Oracle DB. Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production on an Excel Sheet.
- Implemented cloud services AWS.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, maven& Nexus in Linux environment.
Environment: ANT, WebSphere, Perl/Shell Scripts, Oracle, UNIX, Bugzilla, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, AWS, NoSQL.
Build and Release Engineer
- Created and configured jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo.
- Involved in development, deployments of infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GitHub .
- Developed and prepared applications and tools with C.
- Converted and automated builds using Ant and scheduled automated nightly builds using CruiseControl and maintained continuous integration effort with Cruise Control along with scheduled builds .
- Involved in software builds, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, MS Build, TFS Team Explorer, and SVN .
- Participated in Integrating CruiseControl and ClearCase with CruiseControl, and Jenkins .
- Managed SCM tools SVN and GIT including installation, configuration and maintenance .
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile / Scrum development in a fast paced engineering environment. Built creations through MS Build (customizing workflows and process template according to the requirements) .
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using Perl .
- Utilized concepts of structures, pointers, s, and interfacing in the C language to accomplish activities.
- Involved in migration of the source code from the CVS to build a Java application using ANT.
- Created log reporting system to improvise logging .
- Worked with multiple development groups to design/create automated build and deployments using MS Build, Ant, JACL, VBScript, NAnt and PowerShell Scripting .
- Automated Deployments to multiple servers using BMC Blade Logic .
- Used Jira and Bugzilla as Defect Tracking Tools and directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the developers, testers and DBA teams for successful release .
- Worked on SVN and CVS Administration including user management, repo migration, repo creation, repository hook script implementation, Integration with JIRA/GIT/Fisheye, troubleshooting .
- Involved in administrating Windows Servers by installing / configuring new patches and upgrades .
Environment : Jenkins, GitHub, ANT, Maven, MS Build, Powershell, Bamboo, Java, Oracle database, Bamboo, C, Jira, Bugzila Windows, Linux. VM ware, HTML.
- Experience in installation, configuration and management of different versions of Server Operating Systems like RedHat Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris and Windows Server.
- Installed and Configured various service such as HTTP, HTTPS, NTP, DNS, FTP, DHCP and NFS.
- Maintained Firewall rules and configured the port numbers of the services and enable communication with applications.
- Automated Linux and Centos server installation by Kickstart method using anaconda-ks.cfg.
- Experience with Users, Groups, Special Permissions, different file systems, Yum repos and RAID level configuration.
- Automated data and services log files backup, scheduling jobs and system cleanup by writing Cron jobs.
- Expert in using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to increase or decrease the logical volume partition size upon application team requirement with different file system types.
- Implemented RSA onetime password authentication using SSH password less login method between severs to run the scheduled jobs on the target servers.
- Performed Package Management using RedHat RPM/YUM and APT-GET to upgrade Kernel in RedHat Linux/CentOS and Ubuntu/Debian servers respectively.
- Configured RAID 1, RAID 01 and RAID 5 to avoid system/application downtime in the event of disk failure.
- Good knowledge on performance monitoring tools TOP, NETSTAT, SAR, IOSTAT to keep track of CPU, memory, disk and network devices status.
- Expert in using filter tool AWK, SED, GREP, EGREP and FGREP.
Environment: RedHat Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, Fedora, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Windows servers, HTTP, HTTPS, NTP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, RAID, LVM, RPM/YUM, AWK, SED, GREP, EGREP and FGREP.