Embedded System: Device Drivers, Real - time & Application Programming, ICE/JTAG, Logic Analyzer, Prototype development
Programming Languages: C, Assembly (bare metal), C#, .NET, LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI
DSP: ADI Confidential 21x6x, BF561/53x, 2191/8x; Microchip dsPIC33
Microprocessors: Microchip PIC32/18 Texas Instruments MSP430; Freescale HC11, 68302/000
Solid State Lighting: TRIAC Dimmable Power Design
Electrical / Firmware Engineer
- Product development, performance evaluation and safety testing for various avionic appliances, including ovens/broilers, refrigerator, pocket doors, side wall table, pedestal table, monitor lift and coffee maker.
- Design and debug firmware with Microchip IDE/JTAG PIC32/18 and dsPIC33 in C.
- Design algorithm with motor current measurement to comply with obstruction safety requirements
- Write test programs in LabVIEW and LabWindows/CVI to validate performance and Gulfstream serial communication protocol compliance.
- Draft project requirements for an oven user interface with capacitive sensing and dual-function switch for pocket door.
- Use SVN as source control.
- Defined MWD tool communication protocol for a high temperature MWD system.
- Wrote communication interface specification for master, slave and other modules on the main and sub-bus.
- Software communicated with the tool for configuration download, data upload, and calibration procedure via a USB to Single Wire Bus converter.
- Implemented state machines for USB communication with C# in .NET platform and NI LabVIEW.
- Customized USB raw vi, minimized inter-vi dependency, supported both handshake and multiple blocks dump modes, store data and result to file.
- Write firmware and C# GUI and debug test modules in Microchip IDE/JTAG. Use PureCM as source control.
- Designed retrofit lamps for Solid State Lighting (SSL) projects, including TRIAC dimmable and non-dimmable power designs for digital dimmers with high PFC.
- Ensured designs meet UL’s EMI and conduction requirements.
- Integrated FCCOB (Flip Chip Chip On Board) light engine into light fixtures.
- Conceptual design of a modular light fixture system with TI MSP430 as the dimming controller.
- Utilized Protel for schematic capture.
- Evaluated LED products in thermal, power and optical performance, including downlight, PAR, G60, T8, and outdoor lighting in for residential and commercial applications.
- Performed software development with dual Microchips PIC18, in downhole tool. Wrote firmware and verify hardware design of data acquisition and inter-processor data transfer.
- Wrote firmware to decode and encode telemetry protocol and validate data communication with the tool string.
- Developed DSP firmware utilizing Microchip’s dsPIC33F.
- Verified data integrity as it acquires stretch and torque data via DMA for pipe stuck region. Incorporated a custom filter for analysis.
Field Application Engineer
- Supported sales in the Houston and Louisiana territories.
- Technical areas in MCU (including ARM), power, analog, RF, ZigBee, LEDs, LED lighting and FPGA.
- Continuous certification by the major manufacturers.
- Performed firmware development for Analog Devices’ Blackfin dual core DSP, BF561 for a multi-camera vision system.
- Utilized PPI for high speed data transfer with Xilinx FPGA.
- Debug prototype board with ADI IDE/JTAG and oscilloscope.
- Simulated and implemented custom pixel processing algorithm and calibration procedure for a rice sorter.
- Multi-board communication via Ethernet TCP/IP, RS232, and SPI.
- Used SPORT to read ADC data.
- Used static data and captured dynamic data to validate application code.
- Designed hardware and developed firmware for ADSP BF532 with Ethernet interface as an audio controller. Incorporated Xilinx Spartan-IIe FPGA for glue logic.
- Used Protel for schematic capture.
- Conceptual design of an audio main frame.
- Developed firmware for ADSP 2191 and 218x as audio controller, i.e. XY controller, Router, Button 12/24 controllers, Roc, fader and control wedges in the broadcast industry.
- Ensured bi-directional RS232 communication of various audio controller combinations in a daisy chain architecture.
- Developed drivers and graphic animation for an Confidential graphic controller/engine. Graphic library supported SVGA and half height VGA resolution.
- Developed digital voice compression and equalizer algorithm for Confidential DSP.
- Implemented fuzzy logic to reduce zipper noise in audio.
- Wrote I2C and SPI drivers to communicate with two types of Sample Rate Converter (SRC).
- Developed a driver to read FPGA code from flash memory and download to FPGA.
- Designed and simulated firmware in C and assembly for a multiple Hammerhead Confidential in a dual camera vision system.
- Converted and implemented a convolution algorithm and a specified FIR algorithm with decimation in a multiple Hammerhead Confidential system.
- Utilized and debugged in ADI IDE. Optimized the assembly code mixed with C program and validated required DSP bandwidth in ADI simulator.
- Designed C firmware for one Confidential sorter system. It acquired reflected color light and determined the seeds’ germination acceptance requirement. Displayed result on a touch sensitive LCD.
- Wrote assembly firmware to acquire high speed serial A/D data and communicate via link ports with multiple Confidential DSPs for a wireline tool to measure high resolution resistivity.
- Designed ADSP 2186 as a NAND flash memory controller.
- Wrote DSP firmware for diagnostic test and to qualify components at high temperature.
- Utilized the Visual C++ for a GUI communicating with the tool via RS232 port.
- It allowed downloading the firmware to the micro-controller and DSP.
- The application invoked diagnostics to and collect data from the tool’s NAND flash memory for data analysis.