- Around 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising Cloud/DevOps Engineer. I have an effective combination of work experience in Linux and System Administration along with AWS, AZURE and GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM, continuous deployment, continuous integration, Build/release management and virtualization technologies which also includes troubleshooting issues.
- Experienced in AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS) services like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, VPN, Dynamo, EBS, ELB, SNS, Glacier, Auto - Scaling, IAM, Route53, AMI, Security-Groups, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation and Elastic Container Service through AWS console and AWS CLI.
- Experience in solving manual redundant infrastructure issues by creating Cloud Formation Templates using AWS Server less application model and deploy RESTFUL API’s using API gateway and triggering LAMBDA FUNCTIONS.
- Experienced in writing the AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment in NACLs, Security groups, public and private network configurations and Implemented Server less architecture using Lambda function used Python scripts in it which triggers events using API gateway.
- Experience in GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM (GCP) services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage and Cloud Deployment Manger.
- Experienced data migration from AWS to GCP by creating hybrid cloud infrastructure through initializing tunnel between both the clouds. Migrated EC2 instances from AWS to COMPUTE ENGINE in GCP with the help of CLOUD ENDURE.
- Worked on azure services such as compute virtual machines, azure storage, azure active directory, SQL Database, Azure DNS and Azure Application Insights. Created Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, Azure network settings and Azure cloud.
- In depth experience on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using Azure, AWS and Google cloud platform.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave. Experience in configuring Docker Container for branching purposes and Implementation of Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model.
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes cluster.
- Expertise in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, execution plans, resource graphs, change automation and created infrastructure in a coded manner using Terraform.
- Experience in maintaining the branching, Staging, build and release strategies using SCM tools like Subversion, GIT and Bitbucket.
- Maintained build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux and Windows platforms, integrated these tools with editors like Atom, Visual Studio and migrated projects from Subversion repositories to GitHub.
- Experienced on build tools like CRUISECONTROL and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts to generate war & jar from source code for Java based applications and helped in Writing pom.xml, build.xml for declaring the dependencies and managing the application framework in development and deployment.
- Expertise in using the GROOVY script in Jenkins to execute jobs in Continuous Integration. Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery using Jenkins, Bamboo and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Experience using Ansible Tower dashboard, role base access control, access to Ansible for deployments and worked with Ansible Playbooks to automate various deployment tasks and working knowledge on Ansible Roles, Ansible inventory files and Ansible Galaxy.
- Proficient in creating Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles and Data Bags to automate the services related to deployment and Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Experienced in python Program on Lambda to Ingest Raw JSON data received through API Call into the Amazon Kinesis Streams Used Cache DB based Redis Server to perform real time data ingestion traceability.
- Hands on experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Elastic search, Kibana, App Dynamics etc.
- Experienced in provided administration and Monitoring for Cassandra clusters on an Linux instances and Implemented a distribute messaging queue to integrate with Cassandra using Kafka and Zookeeper.
- Experience with Relational and NOSQL Database Management systems like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Couch DB and Mongo DB.
- Experience in working on different operating systems like Red Hat Linux 7/6/5/4, Mac OS, Ubuntu 16/14/13/12, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Solaris.
- Strong Scripting skills in Bash, PowerShell, Perl, YAML, JSON, Ruby, Python scripts to automate the deployments and for environmental changes.
- Experience in working with network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, ICMP and RIP.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Web hosting administration HTTP, FTP, SSH and RSH.
- Extensive experience in ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, ClearQuest, Redmine, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bugfixes.
- In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Servers (AWS), Microsoft Azure, GCP.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE), Ubuntu, Solaris, DEBAIN, HP-UXWindows.
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl and Power shell
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, TFS, Subversion(SVN), CVS and Bitbucket
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle Sonar, Nexus, and Ant.
Infrastructure as Code: Terraform and Cloud Formation, Packer.
Application Servers: WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson.
Automation & Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Mesos.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and Apache Mesos.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP, SSH, HTTP, TELNET.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch and ELK.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, and Red Mine.
Virtualization: VMware, Virtual Box.
Confidential, New Jersey
SR. DEVOPS ENGINEER
- As a cloud engineer, I was involved in migrating the resources form one cloud to another cloud environment i.e., from AWS environment to GCP mainly this is for transferring the AWS EC2 instances to GCP COMPUTE ENGINE with help of CLOUD ENDURE.
- Worked on setting up and build AWS infrastructure utilizing various resources like EC2, S3, EBS, DynamoDB and maintaining the S3 buckets policies and Glacier and implemented BLUE/GREEN deployment for new version of application is been tested for traffic and deployed.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection and open stack to provision new machines for clients.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling.
- Responsible for migrating from Stackato platform to OpenShift containerized platform and DAT in for their maintenance, trouble shooting, disk management, their availability and different applications running on them.
- Integrating Red hat Satellite. Automating the OpenShift cluster installation using Ansible playbooks
- Hands on configuring and creating Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker Swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and performed all necessary day-to- day GIT support for different projects. Worked on MAVEN authoring pom.xml files and managed maven repositories.
- Provided administration and Monitoring for Cassandra clusters on EC2 and Implemented a distribute messaging queue to integrate with Cassandra using Kafka and Zookeeper.
- Managed web services with Tomcat, JBOSS and Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security groups, disk space, Process monitoring in Linux/Unix.
- Used JIRA for all our projects in scrum methodology for creating stories and giving points to the stories, and updated stories as per our sprints.
- Well versed in GROOVY, YAML and JSON used mostly for automation scripting purpose and release module using Configuration Management.
Environment: - Openshift 3.7-3.11 Linux, Unix, AWS S3, AWS EBS, AWS RDS, Google Compute Engine, Terraform, Git, Maven, Ansible, Kubernetes, JBOSS, Tomcat Server, Python, Jira, Team City, Terraform, Power Shell, YAML, JSON, Kafka, Zookeeper.
Confidential, Austin, TX
SR. DEVOPS CLOUD ENGINEER
- As a DevOps and Cloud engineer, I have migrated EC2 as well as S3 buckets services of AWS to AZURE virtual machines and AZURE blob storage through CLOUD ENDURE.
- Worked on azure services such as compute virtual machines, azure storage, azure active directory, SQL Database, Azure DNS and Azure Application Insights. Created Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, Azure network settings and Azure cloud.
- Worked on integrated AWS Cloud Watch with EC2 instances for monitoring the log files and store in cloud watch logs and used lambda services through python scripts for taking regular EBS snapshot. Designed an AWS cloud formation template to create VPC.
- Used AWS services like SNS, Cloud Watch and worked on AWS server less architecture like LAMBDA deployed via Terraform Scripts. Created (AMI) and created IAM policies for delegated administration with in AWS
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Automated VSTS (Visual Studio Team System) build and deployment to IAAS and PASS environment in Azure and developed build support utilities in PowerShell.
- Implementing infrastructure on new AWS systems and migration of existing Linux and Windows-based Infrastructure to AWS and Azure Cloud platforms and automated using Terraform Templates.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing the scripts and creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch. Used Kubernetes as scaling and operations of containers across clusters of hosts.
- Developed CI/CD sysem with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Created Docker Images & Docker Containers using Terraform Scripts. Used virtualizing the servers using the docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and used docker containers for branching purposes.
- Configured NGINX for proxying and created REST API's for calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Worked on version control systems like Subversion, GIT by using source code management client tools such as SVN, Git Bash, GitHub, Git Lab and other command line applications and used maven as building artifacts for WAR and JAR as source code.
- Involved with Dev, QA team for standard branching strategy and implemented standard tooling i.e. semantic versioning for all the application and integrated to Jenkins pipeline which runs all unit, cucumber tests and generates a report on success or failure.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating Cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes and used knife commands to manage Nodes onto Chef Server for Configuring.
- Developing new Maven Build Scripts based on the requirements. Created and Maintained Local Maven Repository for Maven projects.
- Deployed ASP.NET web Application in Azure using Web App service, connected it to Azure SQL Database and used VSTS to provide CI/CD pipeline.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT.
- Used Junit which is open source framework to write and run repeatable tests cases for testing framework.
- Worked with ELK stack to Monitor logs. Using chef deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics.
- Deployed web applications to Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, WebLogic and setup, configured, monitored and troubleshoot web server configurations and deployments and worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo & Jira. Configured Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Installation configuration and administration of MongoDB databases Migrate data to/from mongodb using MongoDB, Cloud Manager provides a complete package for managing MongoDB deployments.
- Using Ruby, Bash scripting and ARM templates developed automation and deployment utilities
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, Swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS and SMTP in Linux Servers.
Environment: - AWS Cloud Watch, AWS Lambda, AWS AMI, AWS IAM, Velostrata, Flexify, Terraform, Chef, Kubernetes, Azure blob storage, SVN, Git Bash, ELK, Log stack, chef, MySQL and NoSQL.
Confidential, Bluebell, PA
DEVOPS CLOUD ENGINEER
- Point person in the team for work on OpenShift Enterprise Clusters for creating new Projects, Namespaces, Services, Ingress Controllers for load balancing and adding Routes to be accessible from outside, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs etc, modification of Buildconfigs, templates, Image streams, etc.
- Implemented Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage microservices for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Managing the OpenShift cluster that includes scaling up and down the AWS app nodes.
- Worked in container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Experience with Microservices using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift, deploying applications in multiple Public and Private clouds like VMware, Amazon Web Services.
- Creating the Dashboards in Splunk, Grafana for logging and monitoring metrics for OpenShift Applications.
- Migrated an existing legacy infrastructure and recreated the entire environment within Amazon's Web Services (AWS).
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and polices and developed critical modules like generating amazon resource numbers and integration points with Dynamo DB, RDS.
- Written Chef Recipes in Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Designed, Installed, and Implemented Ansible configuration management systems.
- Involvement in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Chef, Terraform and AWS.
- Created customized Docker Images and push them to amazon EC2, worked on Docker and deployed and maintaining Micro services in Dev and QA, implemented Jenkins slaves as Docker containers auto scalability.
- Working on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selectors, services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Building CI/CD pipeline, upstream/ downstream projects, and multi-branch pipelines with the help of Jenkins and setting up Maven repositories and to automate everyday builds.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Working with build tools Maven to create builds as per projects requirements and maintaining regularity.
- Maintained and executed build scripts using Maven by coordinating with development and quality assurance teams.
- Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for sharing artifacts between internal teams and created proxy Nexus repositories to speed up the build process.
- Hands on Experience on GIT to help manage and document all the changes to Application code and Configuration Management Code and having strong experience on source control concepts like Branches, Masters, Merges and Tags.
- Created GitHub repository for current and future project scripts.
- Used Splunk for monitoring collection to applications in a cloud-based environment. Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Chef to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard.
- Extensively worked with various scripting languages like Python, Bash, and Shell.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Wrote automation scripts in shell and python to enhance the CI-CD pipeline.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Maintained JIRA for issue tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks.
Environment: AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Splunk, Shell Scripts, Python, Apache, Jira, WebLogic, MySQL, Java, Apache Tomcat
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Bamboo over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git, Jenkins, Build Forge, Docker registry, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform. Orchestrating CI/CD processes. CI/CD tools Dockerized and infrastructure setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Deployed and configured puppet servers and client including bootstrapping of puppet client nodes for provisioning, created environment, modules, and manifests for server configuration, deployment.
- Used to create and manage Puppet Modules for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration. Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment using Puppet.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using VM Ware ESX, Docker containers.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize Cloud Formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Worked on infrastructure with Micro service models like Docker Containerization and collaborated with development support teams to set up a Continuous Delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment(CD), Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Worked on creating user accounts, user administration, local and global groups on Redhat Linux platform.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss. Installed and configured them as needed.
- Implemented Python scripts for active monitoring of applications and to raise automated tickets. Monitoring system performances using Nagios and managing network issues.
- Experienced in log monitoring tools namely Nagios and Elk Stack
- Provided technical support by troubleshooting Day-to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms.
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins, Linux, Maven, Tomcat, JBoss, .Net, Power Shell, VMware, Tomcat, Nagios, Python, Terraform.
Build & Release Engineer
- My Responsibilities include Searching, Learning, and Documenting on new DevOps tools which would fit in our current Eco-System.
- Managed the development activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process with the setup of SCM Polling for Immediate build with Maven, Code Analysis with Sonar scanner and artifactory as Nexus.
- Used Maven to automate the build process, Automated Build and Deployment process by using Perl/Shell scripts.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests, Hiera configurations and Git repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Installed and configured Chef Enterprise and Chef Workstation hosted as well as On-Premise; Bootstrapped Nodes; Wrote Recipes, Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Worked with installation, deployment and maintenance of middleware application servers to RHEL Dev and Test environments.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and Tomcat application server.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Git, Svn, Jenkins, Puppet, chef, Linux, Tomcat, .Net, PowerShell, TCP/IP, NFS, NIS.
- Installation of operating system Linux, Windows Server 2003.
- Involved in Installing, Configuring and Upgrading of Redhat Linux, Solaris operating systems.
- Installed and configured JBoss application server on various Linux servers.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Setup Jumpstart servers for automated installation of Solaris and Kickstart for Linux servers and workstations and set up NIS, NFS for centralized administration of user account configurations.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, Jboss, Tomcat and Oracle Web logic application servers including installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- User/group maintenance in both production/development environments. In-house process control initiatives including IT Services Management worked with LDAP integration for a single log on.
- Extensive knowledge of Server administration, Kernel upgrade and deployment of patches and applying all firewall and security policies with emphasis on maintaining best practices.
- Experience managing and tuning Mysql and writing SQL scripts.
- Identified and solved any issues or errors.
- Troubleshooting Network, File system memory, CPU, Swap Space and issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers
Environment: Linux, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Centos, Apache Httpd, Jboss, Tomcat, Oracle, WebLogic, LDAP, Solaris, kernel, Shell, Bash, Python.