An opportunity to work for a company that offers room for professional growth in an environment that encourages upward advancement.
Routers: Cisco 900, 1900, 2800, 2500, 6500, 7200, 7600, ASR 1000 Series
Switches: Cisco 6500, 4500, 3750, 3560, 3550, 2900 Series, HP, Netgear
Security: ASA 5500 Series, Cisco FWSM, PIX5XX Firewall Series, IPS4200 Series, VPN Concentrator, Cisco NAC, Cisco CSC, Site - to-site VPNs, Remote Access VPNs, VPN Client, Anyconnect SSL VPN, Clientless SSL VPN, IPSec, NAT, AAA (RADIUS/TACACS+), Access Control Lists, Traffic Filtering, Failover, Transparent Firewall, Security Contexts, IOS Security Features, Cisco Secure ACS, Cisco CSA, DMZs, CBAC, IDS, IPS, DoS Prevention, Cisco NAC, Cisco CSC, Cisco MARS, Cisco CSM
Wireless: WLAN Controller 4400 Series, LWAPP/CAPWAP Access Points, Cisco 802.11n (1250 and 1140 APs) Aruba APs, Aruba controllers.
Software: Solarwinds Orion, Ethereal, Wireshark, Observer, Ixia Chariot, WhatsUpGold, CiscoWorks, Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Secure Desktop, Cisco ACS, Cisco SDM, Cisco ASDM.
Routing: Static Routing, RIPv1, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGPv4, IS-IS, ODR, GRE, MPLS, IPv6. Traffic Engineering Policy Based Routing PBR, NAT, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, AAA (RADIUS/TACACS+), QoS, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Multicasting, Summarisation.
Switching: STP, RSTP, MSTP, VTP, DTP, VLANs, Trunking, Layer 3 capabilities, Etherchannels.
Voice: CUCM, CUCME.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Tactical services designed for swift, predictable, and accurate outcomes. These services deliver improved security, performance, and compliance for networks, systems, wireless, server consolidation, technology implementation and management, and migration and optimization, among others.
- A set of services specifically intended to guide our customers to greater IT and business certainty. These services ensure that you and your organization have the correct action plans, data/information, processes, methods, and measurement criteria for successful security, performance, or compliance project completion.
- A suite of strategic services designed to define security, performance, and compliance growth areas; establish achievable road - maps and strategies to greater security, performance, and compliance; and provide quantifiable baseline scores upon which to evaluate and grow IT and business certainty.
- Tailored services to provide Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 technical support to IT infrastructure and/or compliance solutions. These services ensure you have the timely, accurate, and actionable support you need to keep your IT systems and business running at all times.
Confidential, The Woodlands, TX
Network and VoIP Administrator
- Implement, Install, configure, and verify new and existing network and telecommunications hardware
- Manage projects to facilitate new circuit installation and firewall management
- Responsible for the template and configuration of the switch ports, VLAN (data, radiology, surveillance, video conferencing, etc), and routing of data flow of the Confidential network internally and to external hospital partner and third party vendors
- Optimize the performance of all components of the network facilities with approval and supervision from the IT department management
- Schedule and perform regular backups and test restore of network and phone configurations
- Oversee the entire company s network and voice infrastructure
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior Cisco Network Analyst
- Initiated the integration of voice and data configuration on a single router at each remote location saving the company hundreds of thousands of dollars as Cisco IP Telephony technologies are rolled out to remote sites throughout the company.
- Introduced the Cisco IP Communicator (softphone) to users and cut the cost of long distance and international calls to less than 1% saving the company hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Research & design as well as leading the enterprise wide implementation of the 802.1X framework according to Cisco validated design and best practice guidelines including; Cisco Secure ACS 4.2 & 5.2 policy servers, AAA framework, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco NAC Profilers, Collectors, and the Cisco NAC Guest Server.
- Ongoing process of continuous development to incrementally improve the security posture of both the wired and wireless infrastructure architectures to address current key threats and to identify, track and defend against new and evolving threats. Responsible for proposing and implementing the initiatives to improve total visibility and complete control including identify, monitor and correlate system wide events, harden devices, strengthen the infrastructure and enforce security policies.
- Provide network audit, design, implementation and performance analysis. Focusing on network design to maximize network reliability, redundancy and predictability and to provide secure networks that meet compliance regulations.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior Network Engineer
- Technical management of a group nationwide dispersed and delivery of a range of network solutions while working with the team to meet strict deadlines, to ensure projects was delivered on time and to a very high standard.
- Provide design and installation of a range of complex network setups, to deliver LAN, WLAN and WAN security, redundancy and performance.
- Provide high - level design documentation followed by configuration of Cisco Routers, Switches, ASAs, MARS, IPS, IDS, Content Services Switches and Wireless equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve security and telephony related issues. Ensure the optimal performance and security of the voice and data networks.
- Served as technical focal point for architecture that included all aspects of mobility voice & data to include IP and switched services, as well as redundant data centers with SAN technology.
- Managed outsourced elements of infrastructure operations and maintenance for disaster recovery/business continuity solution which provided >99.99% availability for e-commerce architecture.