- Result oriented professional with 6+ years of experience in System Administration, DevOps and implementing AWS services.
- Extensive working experience on Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting and maintaining different Linux boxes involving Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, Cent OS and SUSE Linux.
- Proficient in Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, Quota Management, Wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Outstanding experience with designing, installing and implementing VMware.
- Working experience on different Network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, NTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, DHCP and DNS to manage services and CLI commands such as TOP, HTOP, NETSTAT, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, TCPDUMP, LSOF, PING etc.
- Extensively worked on tools like Jenkins and Hudson with the help of build tools such as ANT, MAVEN and GRADLE.
- Experience in setting up CHEF Workstation on various enterprise nodes, setting up keys and working with chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef Attributes and chef Templates.
- Worked on Implementing PUPPET server and client architecture, defined Puppet master and agent to automate node configuration and worked on developing Puppet manifests to automate provisioning of servers, and to install and configure software.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented ANSIBLE . Worked on writing ANSIBLE playbooks for installing tools and deployment.
- Hands - on experience in Automation using Artifactory and utilized DOCKER and Swarm for runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Worked with Kubernetes and Vagrant.
- Used Ticketing tool JIRA to track defects and changes for change management.
- Experience in software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Used the version control systems such as GIT and CVS to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Well experienced in SPLUNK, NAGIOS and Cloud Watch in different work environments in real and container workspace.
- Experience with an in-depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, Redshift, Lambda, SNS and Dynamo DB.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 5, 6, 7 CENTOS&SUSE), Solaris10/9/8, HP/UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM/AIX (4.3/5.x), Ubuntu 8/10/12/13.
DevOps & Tools: Java, Python, Ruby, ITIL Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, PUPPET, CHEF, NAGIOS, Jenkins Remedy, Service Now, Jenkins, Docker, Nagios, Splunk, Hudson, Terraform.
Repositories and Version Controllers: RPM, YUM, RHSM, Red Hat Satellite, GIT, GIT Hub and SVN.
File System & Scripting: UFS, VxFS, CIFS, CFS, ZFS, XFS, JFS & Born, Bash, KSH, Python, Ruby
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g and Microsoft SQL Server 2012, NoSQL
Network Systems: Ethernet, VLAN, TCP/IP, UDP, NTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, SSH, SMTP, IMAP, NFS
Software’s: VERITAS File System (4.x/5.0), VERITAS Cluster (4.x/5.x), SUN Cluster 3.1/3.2, EMC Power path, MPIO, Red Hat Clusters, LVM, Oracle RAC
Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling Servers, Glacier, Storage Lifecycle rules, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic ache, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Red Shift, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM Roles, SNS.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5x, 6x, 7x Servers on Dell Hardware in on premises and also on AWS by performing necessary kick start operations and also supported Linux environment with around 2500+ servers running on Red Hat Linux
- Involved in designing the architecture for moving the data from traditional db2 to aws dynamo db and Working with Attunity
- Writing cloud formation templates for creating the infrastructure
- Working with AWS kinesis to send the data and trigger AWS Lambda functions and Working with AWS Dynamo DB
- Used different Jenkins plugins like Global Build Stats plugin, Job generator plugin to help developers create new jobs, GIT Plugin to publish artifacts to repositories once the build is succeeded and to perform some other tasks depending on the output of the build, Amazon EC2 plugin to create slaves on EC2 servers etc
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted & On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, and written Recipes & Cookbooks and uploaded to Chef-server and used Chef to automate Configuration management & Applications, manage Web Applications, Configuration Files
- Used the Application Server Admin (JBOSS/ Tomcat) to manage the systems remotely using PUPPET
- System Admin for IBM RTC a platform that provides requirements, code and change management, and a quality or test framework for software developers and teams.
- Worked with utilities like netstat, vmstat, sar, prstat, ndd, top, prtdiag analyze problems, file systems space issues, network troubleshooting, hardware issues etc
- Creating pipelines in Jenkins and troubleshooting the errors
- Written Python scripts and also worked extensively with Shell Scripting
- Monitoring using SPLUNK and CLOUDWATCH
- Worked on documentation in Confluence
Environment: RHEL 6, 7, DB2, Dynamo DB, SPLUNK, JENKINS, PUPPET, CHEF, AWS EC2, S3, DYNAMODB, ATLASSIAN TOOLS ETC.
- Monitored server performance with tools like NAGIOS, SPLUNK and resolved network related issues with manual commands
- Worked on Patching with Red hat servers and also implementing clustering using Red hat clusters and VERITAS clusters and Installing APACHE HTTP server to host static web contents, and TOMCAT for dynamic web contents
- Responsible for designing and developing back-end servers like MySQL and ORACLE DB databases to support web applications running in on premise and cloud environments
- Integrated Docker container based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with GIT and JIRA to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines
- Worked on Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet & Chef full automation to achieve Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments
- Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations and responsible for testing Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and to run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers
- Installed, Configured and Managed Docker containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker and integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database
- Worked on creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle and worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers with light weight Docker Images as base files
- Worked on Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes . Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, Selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods
- Worked on AWS IAM service by creating users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers
- Implemented Amazon EC2 by setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups and by automating the process of launching and stopping/terminating EC2 instances on AWS with BOTO
- Worked with ELK to debug production issues and log the AWS S3 storage that stores the sites traffic activity. Created alarms and trigger points in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage
- Worked with Amazon Redshift (data warehouse) to analyze data using standard SQL & Expertise in Debugging and Identified fixes at various levels of AWS Redshift and Teradata database
- Implemented a 'server less' architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and Dynamo DB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets. Created a Lambda Deployment function, and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket
- Worked with AWS Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer and responsible to setup Elastic search cluster using Terraform scripts to block all the Spam and Phishing attacks
- Worked with different teams and provided 24*7 on call support and necessary documentation
Environment: RHEL 5, 6, 7, NAGIOS, SPLUNK, JENKINS, PUPPET, DOCKER, CHEF, AWS EC2, S3, DYNAMODB, VPC ETC.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5x, 6x, 7x Servers on HP, Dell Hardware and VMware in an environment that would span across 2 data centers including 1500+ servers
- Worked on BEA WebLogic 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11 Server, APACHE HTTP Server, and APACHE TOMCAT Server . Involved in supporting APACHE , APACHE TOMCAT and generated SSL keys for renewing SSL certs on web servers
- Set up Jenkins master and added the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility and also integrated GIT, Maven and Tomcat with Jenkins for the builds as per the CI/CD requirement using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using maven build tool
- Implemented Puppet server and client architecture, defined Puppet master and agent to automate node configuration
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Nexus and Jenkins
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning and used Knife and Chef Bootstrap processes and created Roles and Data bags to implement them on nodes
- Launched Different EC2 Virtual Servers in public cloud using AWS Auto scaling & prebaked Amazon Machine Images (AMI) through Ansible modules & Roles to maintain a highly available production environment
- Worked with Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments and developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations and automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volume and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model
- Configured Docker Container for branching purposes, reduced build and deployment time by implementing Docker workflow and Integrated Docker container based test infrastructure to Jenkins
- Worked on setting up build environment integrating and the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev.-environments needs
- Built servers in AWS by importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection
- Worked on Migration of existing systems to AWS and using the snapshot method for the EBS volumes and configuring AWS's EMR Clusters and Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users
- Worked on Building AWS S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS and Created detailed AWS Security Groups, which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances
- Created function in AWS Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB and S3 also used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation and developed templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments
Environment: RHEL, UBUNTU, JENKINS, PUPPET, DOCKER, CHEF, AWS EC2, LAMBDA, VPC ETC., APACHE TOMCAT, WEBLOGIC AND WEBSERVERS
Confidential, LOS ANGELES
- Installed, Configured and manage several network services like DHCP, DNS, FTP, NFS, SAMBA, SMTP, SEND MAIL, LDAP and SSH etc. and worked on configuring TCP/IP, UDP network interfaces
- Implemented LVM, software RAID solutions (RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-5) on volume management and enabled security with the help of IPTables, firewalld, SeLinux and TCP wrappers
- Worked on Maintaining SVN and Bit bucket repositories for DevOps environment: automation code and configuration using proper build process
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Bash, PowerShell, SQL, and WAS Administrative Scripting.
- Designed and developed automated deployment, Installation and scaling processes based on Puppet Automation Tool and Automic Orchestration Tool for a wide range of server types and application tiers.
- Created automation and deployment templates for IBM WebSphere 7.0, IBM WAS liberty 7.1, Oracle WebLogic Servers by using python scripts
- Deployed Code on Cluster Based WebSphere Application servers for Production, Pre-Production and other lower and higher environment, Using WSADMIN scripts and integrated with Python / Jython Scripts for safer and standard deployments for IBM Maximo App, IBM MDMS App, and IBM WAS Liberty App
- Wrote Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once which included complete APP Silent installation, Code Build and Deployed code in to tomcat servers, Oracle WebLogic Deployments for Oracle CCB App
- Worked on Command line deployment of binaries, code etc. in to Jfrog artifactory and developed automation script for it using puppet
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release and developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Created the Docker file and built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments
- Installed packages with RPM and YUM based on the operating systems Red hat Linux, Ubuntu
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux and Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers
- Responds and owns escalated Lower Environment issues from problem identification through to final resolution
- Assisted in running MDMS Batch Jobs for Higher Environments from L&G Command Center Meter reads to the MDMS Billing System and automated the MDMS Batch Jobs for all Lower Environments
- Worked on monitoring the network and performing basic CLI tasks using commands such as TOP, HTOP, NETSTAT, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, TCPDUMP, LSOF, PING etc.
- Configured SSH trust between Database servers and application servers. Has also worked on various SSH related issues
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to Backup Admins/DBAs to perform root related activities
- Decommissioning the servers using proper change process
Environment: RHEL, UBUNTU, JENKINS, PUPPET, DOCKER, CHEF, AWS EC2, LAMBDA, VPC ETC., APACHE TOMCAT, WEBSERVERS, CLI, BASH and PYTHON.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RHEL (6, 7), Cent OS (5, 6) servers using kick start operations.
- Monitoring the health status of the servers, CPU utilization and memory utilization.
- Configuring DNS server and DNS client, DHCP server and Client.
- Supporting the VMware environment needs by installation of hypervisor (VMware ESXi).
- Building the Virtual machines using the VSphere Client and performed virtualization solutions such as Cloning and Templating with VCenter server.
- Implemented High Availability and Load balancing for web-applications using Red Hat Cluster and worked with networking team to setup F5 Load balancer for distributing application traffic to multiple servers.
- Handling user management and password recovery.
- Performed SPLUNK administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and tuning.
Environment: RHEL, CENT OS, VCENTER, VSPHERE.