- Multifaceted technical career with a track record of innovation and success
- Analytical professional with 26 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Expert in consulting and being a contracted employee.
- Expertise leading teams and providing innovative strategies for new technologies.
- Complete projects on time or ahead of schedule, while always ensuring confidence in my employer.
- Strategic and Tactical Planning / Project Management / Disaster Recover
- Business Continuity / High Availability / Data Center Management / Server Management / Communication / Team Builder
SAN Hardware: HP, SUN, EMC SAN Storage; HNAS and NetApp NAS Storage; Brocade and Cisco Fibre Channel Switches; QLogic, Emulex, JNI and Tachyon XL2 Fibre Channel HBAs;
Server Platforms: IBM AIX, Intel, Sun Enterprises / Sun Fire, Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 8 and 9. HP - UX 10.x and 11.x, Windows Server 2008, HP 9000 D Class, K Class, L Class, N Class, V Class and Superdome.
Tools: Storage Provisioning, Dynamic Provisioning, Dynamic Tiering, Universal Volume Manager, Tiered Storage Manager, ShadowImage, Copy-on-Write, TrueCopy, HUR. Brocade and Cisco Fiber Channel Switch configuration including zoning using GUI and CLI. FCIP Configuration on Brocade and Cisco Fiber Channel Switches for remote replication of data. Brocade Network Advisor (BNA) Installation and configuration, SAN Discovery, SAN Fabric Monitoring, Oracle, MS SQL and MS Access. UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl, Korn, Bourne and POSIX shell, OnCommand Insight, Virtual Instruments and Virtual Wisdom Monitoring Tools.
Disaster Recovery: Disaster Recovery Planing, Design, and Configuring ShadowImage, Copy-on-Write, TrueCopy and Confidential Universal Replicator (HUR) for Disaster Recovery and DR Testing.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Technical Environment: Configuration and architect support for Confidential AMS, HUS, HUS-VM, USP-V and VSP G600 Storage, NetApp Disk Arrays and EMC storage. Fibre Channel Brocade and Cisco switches. IBM AIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows and VMWare servers.
- Migrate data from legacy storage systems to encrypted storage on Confidential VSP-G600 Storage Subsystems.
- Migrate Fiber Channel Networks from Cisco Switches to Brocade DCX Switches.
- Install and configure performance monitoring tools.
- Allocate storage space, create zoning. Brocade Network Advisor (BNA) Installation and configuration, SAN Discovery, SAN Fabric Monitoring.
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
Technical Environment: HP Rebranded Confidential Storage, Cisco Fiber Channel SAN and FCIP.
- Contracted employee for Confidential to analyze FCIP configuration, provide configuration
- Document and recommend configuration changes to improve performance.
Confidential, Norcross, Georgia
Technical Environment: Configuration and architect support for Confidential AMS, HUS, HUS-VM, USP-V and VSP G400 Storage, NetApp Disk Arrays and EMC storage. Fibre Channel Brocade and Cisco switches. IBM AIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows and VMWare servers
- Providing guidance in data migration from legacy storage systems to updated encrypted storage units.
- Installed and configured performance monitoring tools.
- Allocated storage space, created zoning and allocated upto 8 World Wide Names (WWNs) per fabric.
- Provisioned storage on NetApp Disk Arrays as a part of the Data Migration effort.
- Brocade Network Advisor (BNA) Installation and configuration, SAN Discovery, SAN Fabric Monitoring. Working in an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) environment, submitted Change Management requests for all changes within the production and non-production environment.
- Completed the project exceptionally early using my extensive knowledge in creating scripts that were used for the storage provisioning and zoning to complete the data migration.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Storage Engineer/Storage Architect
Technical Environment: Brocade DCX, & Cisco Switches, Confidential AMS-2500, VSP-V, HUS, HUS-VM, VSP, VSP-G1000, HNAS, IBM, Hewlett Packard 3PAR and NetApp Storage Subsystems (Disk Arrays).
- Leading a team of on-shore and off-shore engineers in a data migration from legacy to current and newly added Confidential Data Systems ( Confidential ) Subsystems.
- Administrating storage subsystems, creating, allocating and administrating LUNs. Disaster Recovery Planing, Design, and Configuring ShadowImage, Copy-on-Write, TrueCopy and Confidential Universal Replicator (HUR) for Disaster Recovery and DR Testing.
- Installing, configuring and administrating DCX Switches. Brocade Network Advisor (BNA) Installation and configuration, SAN Discovery, SAN Fabric Monitoring.
- Created process documents to standardize operational processes.
- Planning and providing innovative guidance in storage architectural designs, configure FCIP on Brocade DCX Switches and data migration for a new datacenter in Dallas, TX. Remote Replication Design and Configuration for Disaster Recovery.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Technical Consultant/Storage Architect
Technical Environment: WMS, AMS, HUS, HUS-VM, USP, USP-V and VSP Disk Arrays. EMC, Hewlett Packard and IBM Storage units. Brocade and Cisco Fibre Channel Switches. HP-UX, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mainframe Servers. ShadowImage, Copy-on-Write, Thin Image, TrueCopy (TC) and Universal Replicator (HUR).
- Provided project management, storage architectural designs and business continuity solutions to Confidential with whom I was a contracted employee for and used Confidential.
- Created and allocated volumes while monitoring and performing functional testing.
- Configured, implemented and managed ports on disk arrays and fiber channel switches.
- Created and provided all operational and automated scripting along with building configuration documentation.
- Performed migrated of data between disparate storage systems to newly implemented Confidential storage units.
- Consultant to 97 projects, all different locations and functional duties ranging from banks, large insurance companies, health facilities and many more within 7 years. Served Confidential customers with various technology needs such as data migration, remote-replication, in-system-replication, Disaster Recovery (DR) Planning, Implementation and DR Testing. Fiber Channel (SAN) network configuration, FCIP Configuration, server and storage design, and implementation.
Confidential, Alpharetta, Georgia
Storage Area Network (SAN) Engineer
Technical Environment: Contracted employee for Confidential to install, configure and troubleshoot their Confidential 9980, 9990 and HP EVA SAN, NetApp, EMC Celerra Network Attached Storage (NAS), Brocade switches and directors, Sun Solaris, HP-UX and IBM AIX systems. Tivoli Storage Manager 5.3 and StorageTek Tape Libraries along with Windows Servers.
- Configuration and administration of Confidential systems, including storage, disk arrays, creating virtual disks and presenting LUNs. Administered Storage Area Networks (SANs), creating aliases, zoning and troubleshooting switch connectivity to the Storage Area Network (SAN) and its connectivity with UNIX and Windows hosts.