Interpersonal: Customer Relationship Management
Management: Project leadership & Supervision
Telecom and Network: Router/Switch configuration (Scripting and configuration) and troubleshooting; Voip(Cisco, Avaya, Adtran & Polycom Ip phone set and Voice switches); Rack and stack; Structure cabling(Copper/Fiber); Broadband(T1, Cable, DSL); Telephony(POTS, IP telephony). Linux RHEL/CentOS 7/Server virtualization/Bash script Wireless(WiFi/ Cellular/Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus/Cradlepoint Access points(802.11a/b/g)
Cellular: In Building D.A.S; Confidential ALU BTS; Motorola Two - way Radios; Public Safety; 4G/CDMA, UMTS)
Tools: OTDR; Praxym, Spectrum Analyzer, Seagull CW Tester, Dragon wireless transmitter, Coyote wireless receiver, Fluke cable tester/Fault finder, Punch-down tools and cable certifiers and Tone generators.
Field Engineer Analyst
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
- Provided engineering and technical expertise to Washington Metro Access Transit Authority ( Confidential ) engineering team in troubleshooting 7 series Confidential
- Analyzed logs, interpreted charts and troubleshot train cars’ internal ethernet communication network, vital operation & control systems (Train control Network, Propulsion, Braking and Communication)
- Conducted live-track data collection testing and submitted findings to Confidential for revenue preparation trains.
- Assisted and guided train technicians in troubleshooting complex train system issues.
- Maintained a high level of communication between parts manufacturers, Confidential and Confidential .
Project Lead Engineer
Confidential, Landover, MD
- Lead and designed testing procedures for Confidential ’s public safety and internal Metrorail two-way Motorola radio communication uplink and downlink
- Collected daily data on Metrorail tunnel system two-way radio signal strength with Anritsu spectrum analyzer, dragon RF transmitter and Coyote RF receiver.
- Met and exceeded client’s ( Confidential ) expectation by producing quality deliverables based on findings in a timely manner.
- Analyzed findings and determined appropriate improvement solutions to improve network performance.
- Conducted monthly meetings with Confidential ’s radio engineering team to discuss test result deliverables and address testing issues to improve testing processes.
Confidential, Baltimore-Washington Area
- Completed installation and inspections of over 100 Confidential cell sites and exceeded quarterly installation goals.
- Surveyed Confidential FDD/TDD Confidential sites and installed/replaced Confidential - Confidential with Confidential 5G Confidential and GPS module with Confidential Newelo application.
- Decommissioned Confidential - Confidential ALU and Install/Commission Confidential with Confidential and Confidential management software
- Moved CPRI remotes radio head fibers from decommissioned Confidential - Confidential to new Confidential
- Dressed all power, GPS, and ground cabling according to Confidential site management standards.
- Provided end of day installation report to field supervisors via MS SharePoint.
RF Field Engineer
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
- .Performed pre-installation building structure survey walkthrough (Building structure type, Wall penetration and fire code requirements, Head-end, GPS, Remote and antenna location
- Conducted Surveys on new installation projects and meet with assigned project contractors to discuss project construction challenges.
- Collect baseline building coverage measurement received from nearby cell towers with Datapro/Spectra/Seagull/ZKE application and assist with project DAS design solution.
- Lead and Managed construction and installation and to meet delivery expectations.
- Performed frequency bands demodulation with Anritsu to detect Carrier transmission channel.
- Investigated and troubleshoot poor signals and signal level interference, provided attenuation or amplification to mitigate or replace defective devices or cable( directional antenna, DAS jumpers, fibers cable)
- Troubleshot Neutral host In-building Distributed Antenna System(Teko, Mobile Access) with Spectrum analyzer and OTDR
- Performed installation of MRO, GPS antenna, Donor Antenna, Router, SpiderCloud Service Node, Aggregation switch, Router, Omni and directional antennas.
- Performed post-installation performance walk survey with ZKE, DataPro/Spectra to confirm wireless signal level from DAS for LTE, CDMA and UMTS.
- Conduct CW drive testing with Mx scanner, Tortoise signal generator for new Cell tower installation site.
- Performed coaxial Cable(Plenum, Superflex) cable termination and Distant to Fault/ Sweep testing with Spectrum Analyzer.
Wireless Field Service Engineer
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Maintained and troubleshot Linux and Cisco based Motorola 7131 wireless access point using command line interface.
- Ran scripts to upgrade, patch and troubleshoot access point and switch connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolved KVM CCU wireless controller using linux commands.
- Performed SIM Lab performance testing for access point integration in train cars.
- Performed WAP configuration and firmware upgrade via scripts, CLI and VPN.
- Diagnosed and repaired CCU modem (internet connectivity, TCP/IP, IP V4/6, AP meshing), Landing Page, RAID, RF (ssid /Mesh, Roof Antenna, GPS), and WAN (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, sim card issues)
- Performed scheduled wireless network performance surveys with InssiDer application through real time train ride alongs between Baltimore, Delaware and New York.
- Performed weekly preventive maintenance for Acela wireless access point and CCU modems (cabling status, equipment attachment, mounting, ssid broadcast, network speed, and meshing).
Voice/Wireless Field Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Troubleshot and installed Cisco AirNet and ruckus wireless access point (TCP IP address configuration and script reload)
- Applied thorough knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure (Cisco switches, T1 and analog/digital signals, copper cable, optical fiber, digital signaling) to troubleshoot and isolate issues
- Conducted site surveys for future access point expansion with Seagull wireless application and determined initial coverage challenges.
Telecom Field Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Conducted 3G/4G testing survey and signal reliability for wireless modem installation
- Installed and configured Cisco Routers, IAD’s (2435 FX8/16/24), EFM’s(Actelis), Cradle point (DBU) 3G/4G LTE WAN Routers, wireless access points and Cisco IP phones (IP addressing, DHCP, DNS, Script running)
- Installed, configured, and troubleshot routers, switches and firewall (Static IP addressing, Scripting, Ping, IPv4 configuration, DNS)
- CISCO Router (IAD), SWITCHES (2960), Patch cabling installation and troubleshooting according to ANSI/TIA/EIA 568-A, 569-A, 570-A, 606, 607
- Performed desktop refresh and imaging
- Conducted audit on client networks for performance including telecom/telephone equipment and T1 line (cabinet card swap)
- Decommissioned legacy equipment
Environment: Windows 7/ESP/Cable certifier/Putty