- Integral leader who offers proven experience in large - scale IT optimization, including designing, developing, and implementing forward-thinking projects, programs, and processes to achieve continued growth and productivity.
- Ambitious self-starter who contributes superior attention-to-detail and sharp analytical abilities, along with regularly taking the initiative to lead value-added efforts and resolve issues to boost diverse systems efficiency.
- Out-of-the-box thinker who showcases up-to-date knowledge of consumer and enterprise technology trends, along planning, prioritizing, and completing high-volume IT projects within fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Excellent communicator with Top Secret DoD Security Clearance who seamlessly interfaces among managers, IT peers, and clients, and works individually or within a group to meet and / or exceed wide-ranging IT objectives.
- Evaluated circuits to adequately plan site and network equipment installations and upgrades.
- Engineering network transmission systems, digital access cross-connect systems and customer premise equipment including analog, digital, Metro Ethernet and SONET communications equipment.
- Successfully integrates operational and business processes into technical structure. Delivering quality class of service networks ahead of schedule.
- Read, interpreted and made changes to (CLR) Circuit Layout Record engineering documents.
- Use of database to design and or redesign of transport, Ethernet, switches and multiplexers on services incorporating a large number of variables to implement best circuit path design.
- Review of customer orders to verify design and requirements including validation of network components capacity and compatibility.
Platforms: Windows 7 & 8 (Pro & Enterprise) Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris
Hardware: Brocade, Cisco and Sonic Wall Firewalls/VPN’s, IPS/IDS (pfSense, Smoothwall, Monowall)
Software: EMET 4.1, VMware, ISA Symantec Firewall & Host Intrusion, Python
Database Management: MySQL
- Utilize broad scope of industry knowledge and dynamic technical acumen to plan, coordinate, and execute telecommunications systems installation, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of SONET, DS0, DS1, and DS3 services on multiple vendor equipment multiplexers and digital cross-connect devices to boost efficiency.
- Expertly perform network coverage testing and analysis to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity and quality, and schedule installation calls and interpret specs / drawings to ensure high performance.
- Resolve usual bugs and hardware issues found in Lucent #5ESS Switch requiring consultation with Lucent design engineers to diagnose and correct, and supervise all facets of installations, turn-up and test, commissioning, provisioning, and rolling traffic onto new and newly optimized Fiber Optic Systems (MAN/WAN).
- Play a vital role in supporting building of business cases for internal network grooming (e.g. OC12, OC48 entrance facilities), and additionally accurately audit existing Telco costs in finance database and provide key updates.
- Expertly analyzed, tested, isolated, and corrected network issues with local, long distance, and enhanced services, and worked with technicians to install, provision, and repair broadband, narrowband, and wireless services.
- Coordinated interconnection agreements; planned and designed collocation applications, installations, circuit provisioning, and testing; and worked with LEC / CLEC / IXC to implement plans for optimization of Type II trunks.