- He has 28 years of network systems architecture experience encompassing all aspects of delivering enterprise WAN & LAN systems to customers.
- His extensive network architecture experience classifies him as a High Performance Computing (HPC) Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- He specializes in Optical Transport Networking (OTN) systems engineering and network implementation strategies, requirements definition, risk analysis, security, integration, documentation and testing of Government networks.
- Over the last 15 years, he has served as team lead and as a team member on systems integration deployments of both commercial and government enterprise level system architectures in support of data center operations.
- He coordinated deployment resources and acted as liaison between stakeholders and the deployment teams.
Confidential - Hanover, MD
- He possesses an excellent understanding of the Optical Transport network (OTN) and DWDM, SONET/SDH, TDM, ATM, GbE, ADM, & TL1 commands.
- He is a certified Ciena Optical Communication - Associate (OC-A) level engineer.
- He specializes in the Ciena 6500 product line, while also commanding an outstanding knowledge of the Ciena 5400 & 6200 product lines.
- He also commands an exceptional knowledge of Optical Channel (OC) Transport Network topologies (linear, ring, & mesh), the associated equipment types (OADM/ROADM), and their standardized Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM).
- He has a wealth of knowledge in utilizing optical network design tools (e.g. Ciena One Planner, Ciena MPBP, and more).
Virtualization Engineer/Cloud Engineer
- Prior to this assignment and in conjunction with his Linux admin duties, Confidential served as a Virtualization Engineer for an Infrastructure Services Group.
- A virtualization Engineer, Confidential uses VMWare vSphere 6.x with vRealize Suite to monitor the entire virtualizes network infrastructure
- Confidential has Utilized vRealize to view objects related to user sessions. He has performed troubleshooting of the Horizon environment, keeping track of important metrics to ensure the health of the Horizon environment. Performed real-time predictive analysis on the Horizon architecture for the customer. Created single Horizon adapter instance to monitor multiple Horizon pods.
- Confidential is a VMWare vSphere savvy technician. Able to create virtual machines in support of cloud environments and virtualized systems.
- He is responsible for the completion of final systems engineering documentation and uses the documentation to implement virtualized architecture to include the creation of virtual machines using VMWare 5.x/6.x.
- Confidential has served as a Linux Systems Administrator. He is responsible for implementing Multi-Level Security software and hardware implementations on JWICS, SIPRnet, and several other different networks. Confidential uses Linux to set up printer queues.
- He is responsible for the rollout of new systems architecture and provides input to the master project schedule.
- He incorporates secure mechanisms to ensure that data protection levels are met according to system requirements.
- He is writing the technical manual for the use of this system.
- Confidential is steadily increasing his knowledge and use of Linux to troubleshoot potential problems. He responds to ad-hoc government tasking providing usability engineering methodologies to enhance the user interface and overall user experience of the Multi-Level Security software and hardware implementations, given the constraints of the Linux enterprise architecture. Currently working towards RedHat LINUX certification by Nov. 2017.
- He upgrades existing VMs from VMWare 4.1 and utilizes physical to virtual (P2V) tools as well as vMotion to migrate existing server into the virtual enterprise.
- Confidential is preparing the customers’ current virtual environment to be upgraded to VMWare 5.5.
- Confidential has also trained extensively in Hadoop Cloud Systems Administration and is well-versed in HDFS design. Confidential is weeks away from his Cloud and Linux certifications and very knowledgeable on the HP Converged Cloud OS and has passed the HP Cloud Strategy Core test.
High Performance Computing Subject Matter Expert
- During this time, Confidential has trained in Big Data/ High performance computing (HPC) environments.
- While not a developer, he knows how to administrate Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, & Pig.
- He has installed XenDesktop 5.0 on Windows 2008 R2 platforms, performing pre-installation tasks and checks. He planned persistent Virtual Machines (VMs) with several versions of Windows Desktop Load (WDL) and required resources assigned and added them to the appropriate organizational Unit (OU).
- He also planned XenDesktop server VMs with the appropriate operating system (OS) and required resources assigned and added them to the appropriate OU. Linked all Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to correct OUs so desktops, when deployed, receive the correct system deltas and system specific-policies.
- Confidential has trained to install App Streaming profiler in the designated OU and ensures proper GPOs are assigned to the virtual machine (VM).
- He verifies that required prerequisite applications such as XML 2.0 installed in conjunction with the Citrix software.
Network Engineer/Subject Matter Expert
- Designed & deployed virtualized solutions. Implemented Citrix Xendesktop solutions gathering user’s requirements including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS in support of military operations and strategies.
- He educates and provides technical advice to management and client through monthly status reports; as well as, creates technical documentation of all developed solutions.
- As the Sr. Systems Engineer in charge of the development and deployment of mission critical enterprise architectures, Confidential provides support to the Warfighter’s surge requirements on a worldwide basis.
- He coordinates the installation and maintenance of systems to ensure operational functionality is to specifications.
- He provides the required power, space, and cooling (PSC) specifications for all deployed systems, and coordinates installations with site PSC teams worldwide.
- He often provides the technical expertise that enables HW & SW techs to come together and understand complex configuration issues instructing the team in the correct installation procedures.