- Over 19 years emphasis on PeopleSoft architectural and database engineering.
- Provided installation, upgrade, performance tuning, architectural assessments, and systems administration services for SQLServer and Oracle on Unix, Linux, and Windows.
- Have managed all hardware and logical devices for PeopleSoft implementation, upgrade, and development teams and production SQLServer and Oracle systems.
- Designed data management technique for loading, preparing, and testing data delivery from various vendors for a multiple application Career Management system. Included tuning performance of a third - party front-end to a PeopleSoft database and developing SQL views of PeopleSoft data for third-party application.
- Provided systems design and administration services through development, implementation, and go-live for PeopleSoft systems, including sizing and tuning both messaging and on-line transaction application servers and assisting with firewall and VPN permissions and configurations.
- Built, tuned, backed up, and managed environments on various O/S and database platforms.
- Trained IT staffs to monitor, download and apply patches, bundles, and tax updates, and correct problems.
- Have provided scripts to mask personal identity data for various clients, including gaming and Confidential facilities.
- Provided randomly generated replacement names dependent upon the existing sex for employees, as well as their beneficiaries and dependents.
- Generated social security numbers, ensuring no duplicates among employees, beneficiaries, and dependents.
- Produced addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses for work, home, mailing or campus locations.
- Tuned web servers, application servers, operating systems, SQL, and SQLServer and Oracle databases for various clients, including international, military,, government, and commercial companies.
- Improved portal login performance from nearly 4 minutes to consistently under 2 seconds by adding necessary indexes, revising views, and rewriting SQL.
- Improved application messaging from a single message every 4 seconds to over 40 XML messages per second by tuning SQL, Application Server, Web Server, Operating System and PeopleTools parameters.
- Identified administrative techniques that caused critical performance deficiency in development databases. Reduced the runtime of one program from several hours to under 20 minutes.
- Identified system hardware configuration, infrastructure design, and kernel parameters that prevented the PeopleSoft Portal from handling the anticipated user volume during implementation. Increased user volume by 30%, significantly reduced CPU utilization.
- Improved overall database performance, and have tuned PeopleCode, SQL, Application Messages, Crystal Reports and SQR reports.
- Assessed the systems architecture, made recommendations for improvement, configured systems, and installed PeopleSoft and support applications on Oracle and SQLServer configurations.
- Taught installation process and basic administration tasks to client IT staff.
- Scripted standard maintenance tasks in Unix and Windows/DOS.
- Documented configuration and provided on-going support.
- Performed PeopleSoft upgrades from version 6.x to 7.x, from 7.x to 8.x, and from 8.x to 9.x for PeopleSoft applications, and provided delivery services for upgrades done by PeopleSoft lab.
- Performed several Tools upgrades, including upgrades to Tools 8.55, Oracle SES, WebLogic, Tuxedo, etc.
- Tuned the upgrade platform migration process from DB2 to Oracle for date conversion issues.
- Edited Change Assistant scripts to optimize upgrade process.
- Reduced total upgrade time from 5 days to 1 day (FN) and from 3 days to 1 day (HR) for Wynn Resorts.
- Scripted upgrade for highly customized HR application to complete in less than 12 hours for Confidential .
- PeopleSoft, Oracle, SQLServer, Windows, Unix and RedHat
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Supporting Microsoft Windows 95
- Supporting Microsoft Windows NT
- Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- Oracle Enterprise DBA Part I - Architecture and Administration
- Oracle Enterprise DBA Part II - Performance and Tuning
- Unix Systems Administration and Scripting
- PeopleTools I & II
- PeopleSoft SQR
- PeopleTools version 8 delta
- PeopleSoft Server Administration
- PeopleSoft EPM Boot camp
- PeopleSoft Security Administration
- Novell Introduction to Networking Technology
- RHCE Rapid Track: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- provide system architecture implementation, performance tuning, and administration services for PeopleSoft Enterprise systems.
- Performed concurrent upgrades of Financials 8.4, HR 8.8 and Portal 8.8 to perspective 9.0/9.1/9.2 versions.
- Tuned upgrade process, including CA items, scripting, and indexing.
- Performed numerous Tools upgrades through and including 8.55, as well as supporting applications such as WebLogic, Tuxedo, MicroFocus Cobol, Crystal Reports, Oracle SES, database engines and O/S s.
- Installed and configured PUM and upgrade environments.
- provided system architecture design, troubleshooting, tuning, and administration services for a variety of PeopleSoft Enterprise HR, Financials, EPM, and CRM clients on HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux, and Windows.
- Installed PeopleSoft Enterprise HR, Financials, EPM, and CRM architecture on HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux, and Windows, and provided introductory level administration .
- Developed and managed marketing programs for sales of networking equipment.
Strategic Planning Analyst
- studied market trends and new technologies. assisted Product Manager in sales and marketing programs, competitive analysis and sales, and design of product enhancements; designed marketing campaign, literature, and product packaging for software plug-in product.
- Developed customer course for fundamentals of database design and querying. managed Beta Test development cycle, assisted in design and implementation of product features and functionality, assisted in design and implementation of marketing campaigns including product literature and trade show booth design and presentations.
- Tested product functionality, managed resolution of bugs and interface design considerations, provided technical support and to field service and sales staffs.
- assisted in sales of computer graphics equipment, performed tradeshow demonstrations of system functionality, provided customer, troubleshooting, and support services.
- Trained other instructors on equipment use and course delivery, provided student and instructor support.
- Completed over 100 installs ranging from version 6.12 to 9.2 for HR and FS applications on Tools versions 6.xx to 8.55. Also installed PeopleSoft Portal, ELS, and CRM applications.
- Installations done on HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux, and Windows platforms.
- Managed and tuned upgrade processes, including scripting Change Assistant, for various upgrades of HR and FN from versions 6.x through 9.x.
- Many of these upgrades took several days to complete initially, but all were completed in less than 18 hours, and most less than 12 hours, at go-live.
- PeopleSoft Performance Evaluation and Tuning of Competency Management System
- Improved performance of standard processes.
- Provided production support and process improvement recommendations while managing data conversion during system roll - out.
- Tuned database parameters and SQL commands to optimize system resources and improve the performance of daily batch processing.
- Identified critical referential integrity errors in source database that impeded application functionality.
- PeopleSoft Infrastructure Maintenance & Administration -- HR and Application Messaging
- Ensured reliability and performance of worldwide HR system, including integration with third-party systems and vendors.
- Trained new staff on administrative tasks for production support of HR system.
- Provided standard maintenance and troubleshooting tasks to ensure system availability.
- Managed application messaging to other internal systems and off-site vendor systems.
- PeopleSoft Infrastructure Performance Assessment and Tuning for Application Messaging
- Short-term and long-term assignments to analyze performance of Application Messaging implementations.
- Analyzed existing pre-production equipment and application design to identify performance bottlenecks. This task included analysis of tunable operating system parameters, tunable database parameters, network performance, and implementation design.
- Tuned PeopleSoft architecture components, including application servers and web servers.
- Reviewed and modified customized messaging elements within the application, including message, channel, and node definitions, as well as the component interfaces and PeopleCode.
- Worked with third-party vendors to repair and optimize inter-company message exchange and processing.
- Provided recommendations for process changes to better utilize limited equipment resources.
- Infrastructure Performance Assessment and Tuning for Intranet Web Performance
- Analyzed existing equipment and configuration to identify volume bottleneck.
- Identified unsupported hardware and operating system configuration.
- Worked with infrastructure staff to tune the operating system TCP parameters.
- Provided recommendations for adjusting the stress test to more accurately represent anticipated user volume and activity.
- Implementation Support of PeopleSoft Enterprise Applications
- Managed development, test, and production systems, including the web servers, application servers, process schedulers, and databases and their respective hardware operating systems.
- Scripted data scrambling techniques to mask confidential or personal employee data, as well as details about employees dependents and beneficiaries.
- Provided replicas of PeopleSoft systems as necessary for development, as well as periodic refreshments of development systems from a copy of production.
- Install and configure PeopleSoft Change Assistant, setup PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager, and configure the Performance Management in the newly upgraded environments.
- Installed and configured PUM, including listeners, environment hub, and application image VMs.
- Troubleshoot and correct recurring session termination issue between Portal and HCM.
- Identified the problem as mismatched node definitions.
- Redefined the nodes, established password authentication
- Train new PeopleSoft Administrator on Systems Functionality and Management
- Upgrade PeopleTools, apply bundles, migrate projects, apply tax updates, etc.
- Install/Update PUM images, configure Change Assistant for PUM, use PUM for updates, etc.
- Perform PeopleTools upgrade from on HR, Financials, and Portal.
- Upgraded Operating System, Database Engine, PeopleTools, and necessary third - party applications for both HR and Financials systems.
- Harkins had been running: PeopleTools 8.49 SQL Server 2000 Windows Server 2003.
- Performed the upgrade to: PeopleTools 8.54 SQL Server 2014 Windows Server 2012R2.
- Included upgrading Crystal Reports, MicroFocus NetExpress, Tuxedo, and WebLogic.
- Also installed .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0 to support the SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2014, and Crystal Reports 2011 installations.
- Maintained development and production environments, applied maintenance packs/bundles.
- Simplified database refresh process, reducing time requirements from a couple days to less than an hour.
- Redesigned environment layouts and system configuration.
- Changed shared mountpoints to enable a common PS HOME and separate PS CFG HOME locations.
- Upgraded PeopleTools on existing databases, and installed 9.2 application in new database for upgrade evaluation and preparation.
- Documented standard maintenance tasks.
- Managed infrastructure for development, test, and production during an upgrade from HR 9.0 to HR 9.1.
- Upgraded PeopleTools from .
- Provided systems administration, installation, and upgrade services for Booz - Allen during IPPS-A implementation.
- Trained new systems administrator on system architecture, configuration, and maintenance.
- Documented environment, identifying devices and outlining maintenance tasks.
- Assisted in design, and technical planning for upgrade from HR 8.9 to HR 9.0.
- Provided performance tuning and troubleshooting for problem functionality.
- Completed platform migration for PeopleSoft HR and Financials Application Servers, Web Servers, and Database Servers.
- Upgraded database engine from SQLServer2000 to SQLServer2008.
- Performed PeopleSoft upgrades for HR and Financials.
- Continue to provide periodic support, apply bundles, maintenance packs, and tax updates as requested.
- Completed platform migration for HR and Financials Application Servers, Web Servers, and Database Servers.
- Upgraded database engine from SQLServer2000 to SQLServer2008.
- Performed PeopleSoft upgrades for HR, Financials, and Enterprise Portal