- Positive and forward - leaning Manager with 20+ years of successful experience influencing IT operations management through exceptional planning, implementation, and problem-solving skills. A persuasive communicator with expertise driving decision-making processes, strong interpersonal, analytical, and technical abilities. Experienced On-Shore and Off-Shore team builder and problem solver. Accountable, consistent, quick problem-solving approach to project planning and leadership.
Cloud Storage Operations Manager
- Manage a diverse multi continent Team of Engineers to provide 24 x 7 support and availability. Recruit, coach, and retain top talent, continually find ways to inspire and challenge.
- Drive platform stability through proactive maintenance, change control, and monitoring.
- Manage vendor relationships and leverage SAM/TAM capabilities.
- Maintain and track maintenance and support contracts. Build cross-functional partnerships collaborating closely with peer teams to deliver Cloud Storage and Compute.
- 40+ Data Centers spanning the globe with ~140 Block arrays, ~90 Filers, 15 Hyper converged clusters with ~150+ nodes, ~260 fiber switches, over 100 Petabytes of data
- Increased Storage platform stability to 4 9’s
- Managed Technical refresh of EMC storage platform
- Rollout of NetApp flash SolidFire, facilitating new products and a paradigm switch of storage capacity to IOPS subscription
Senior Infrastructure Architect
- Develop and drive technical systems architecture for application platforms, compliance, daily operations of core systems. Provides business and technical leadership and mentoring on projects from beginning to end with emphasis on design and problem resolution in a multi-disciplinary environment. The Infrastructure areas I focus on today are: ~1 petabyte of Storage (SSD and disk arrays), Linux and UNIX platforms, Oracle and SQL Server, and backups and retention.
- Storage: Implemented 3 brick all flash array, added and removed multiple arrays
- Database: Designed and implemented multiple Oracle RAC, Centralized Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Data Guard reporting and Disaster Recovery
- Designed and implemented Red Hat Linux infrastructure, replacing legacy AIX
- Recruited, hired, trained and supervised 10 employees for an offsite office location.
- Managed a budget of $6.5M for Operations and Maintenance, exclusive of projects
- Managed requirements, scoping, tasks, and resources across multiple projects.
- Ensured no significant / material findings in SOX and HIPAA compliance by managing and maintaining effective controls.
- Managed, developed Business Requirements, and sourced the upgrade of Informatica, Oracle SOA suite, Hyperion // Enterprise Performance Management, and Oracle BI and AIA
- Designed, documented, and implemented a rotating Duty Officer role to ensure 24 x 7 manager support for incident/problem management.
- Responsible for the Application and Data Warehouse migration to a new data center in a different state, including the OS migration from legacy HPUX to Linux.
- Effectively investigated and resolved major application technical issues by instituting and leading Tiger Teams focusing on service restoration, long term resolution, and root cause analysis.