- Result - oriented Information Technology professional with strengths in Network Administration and Systems administration, strong skills in UNIX (Solaris/ Red Hat Enterprise and Centos Linux),installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, especially on the Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise and Centos Linux platform.
- Sell scripting, web technologies, and databases skills with performance and technical support.
- Fast learner and not afraid to face challenges and learning new technologies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- End User Support
- Systems Administration
- Network Administration
- Configuration Management
- Technical Documentation
- Problem Analysis
- Networks Hubs
- Strong team player
- Production support
- Training & Development
- Installation & configuration
- Unix (Solaris)
- Systems and Customer Technical support.
Operating Systems: Solaris 2.X, SunOS 4.x, Windows 3.1, Windows 9X/NT/2000 /XP, Linux, Dos 6.22, Novel NetWare 3.x
Protocols/Net works: DNS, NIS, TCP/IP, FTP, Send Mil, SNA,Ethernet, NFS, Token Ring, 10/100 Base-T, SNM, Routers, Internet Info Serve, Network Firewalls, Network Hubs, Switches & Configuration.
Hardware: Sunfire V440, HP Workstations, Raid Storage Solutions, Ultra Enterprise 220 R, Ultra Enterprise 450, Sunfire 280 R, Sun fire D 1000, Sunfire V440, STOREDGE L V440, Sunfire V100, Sunfire V240, Sunfire E 2900, Sunfire 4800, Storage 6100, Sunfire V880, Sun fire A100, Sun fire V210, Sunfire E2900, SPARC Enterprise M3000, M4000 M5000. Sun Fire T1000, T2000 HP proliant 580, HP Proliant DL 360, HP Proliant DL 360, Compaq proliant 6500, Compaq Proliant 3000, Compaq Proliant DL 380, Compaq Proliant DL 360, Compaq Proliant ML 530.
Database Management applications: Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Developer (SQL, PLS/SQL, Oracle Forms Developer Release 6/6i), MS Access, Crystal Reports, and Dbase. Fox Pro, Mysql
Programming Languages: SQL, Java, Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, borne shell, korn shell, and bash shell.
Design Methodologies: OOA/OOD, UML, Rational Rose
- Performed standard system administration tasks, such as patching, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Building new servers with respect to company defined policies
- Install and configure red hat enterprise desktop Linux 5.4, 6.0, 6.1 on HP workstation.
- Creating partitions on HP and Dell servers using Linux volume Manager (LVM) to create disk space.
- Working with developers and Data Base Administrators to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers as required.
- Created comprehensive user documentation as well as training for both clients and support staff.
- Troubleshooting issues in a Red Hat Linux Enterprise affected the customer’s deadlines and productivity.
- Provided backup and restore solutions to the internal engineering environment.
- Successfully resolved several customer issues ranging from machine failure to operating systems issues affecting the engineering staff and outside customers.
- Completed several hardware and software upgrades as requested and approved.
- As part of the technical computing team, I worked with applications developers and other engineers to create innovative solutions for customer problems.
- Successful upgrades of the Red Hat operating system on over 100 workstations and computer servers in the enterprise environment.
- Participate in an on-call team rotation for off hours duties.
- Maintain application Dashboard for both UNIX and Linux reported issues.
- Maintained customer accounts and access to the compute environment.
- Troubleshooting Red hat Linux and UNIX related issues.
- Working on NFS issues like mount problems, deadlocks, check-autofs
- Checking application (apache web Server) and operating systems logs to troubleshoot web server and mail server related issues. Coordinate, monitor and troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems.
- Document system events to ensure continuous functioning and recommend course of action and implement as approved.
- Utilize standard corporate tools to record changes, service requests, and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- A solid understanding of networking fundamentals and security.
- Uncommon ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- System & Network Administration: Troubleshooting and managing packages though YUM, RPM
- Open SSH administration, host and network security with iptables, Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Network Operating system deployment via DHCP, PXE, and kickstart, Network sharing with NFS, FTP, etc.
- Disk Management and partitioning tools like fdisk, VLM and disk quota.
- File system management using ext3 file system & utilities (mke2fs, e2fsck, and tune2fs) and LVM.
- Periodic data center work (racking servers, cabling) as required, daily floor work through.
- Work directly with Sun Support solution Engenderers to solve hardware issues in the data centre,
- Regularly use Sun Service
- Monitoring server logs using monitoring tools.
- Advance Operating system (Solaris) installation using jumpstart technology.
- Solaris Zones: Creating, installing and configuration of zones (Solaris virtual machines).
- Solaris server virtualization (using Solaris 10 Zones).
- Check paging space as a part of trouble-shooting system for sluggishness.
Adding or enabling server hardware such as processors/Memory for existing systems in support of sustaining maintenance or project work.
- Experience with Zone under Solaris 10, and Service Management Facility (SMF) under Solaris 10
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Responsible for troubleshooting basic problems with root cause analysis.
- Responsible for System administration of Unix Servers (Solaris) to include installation, patch maintenance, performance tuning, monitoring results of cron jobs, hardware/software installs, upgrades, and relocations to ensure no operational impacts occur.
- Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems configuration
- Server performance monitoring and troubleshooting for server related problems.
- Solaris 10 Performance Monitoring - iostat, vmstat and netstat.
- Work closely with Unix mid-level and senior administrators
- Provided system support for entry level and midrange Sun servers, including routine maintenance, patching, system backups and restores, software and hardware upgrades.
- Systems CPU Monitoring - ps, uptime, top, prstat, sar etc.
- Solaris 10 Network configuration and Monitoring
- Enabling network cards, configuring ipaddress, configuring virtual interfaces, Router Configuration.
- Observing operational statistics for various network protocols.
- Performed regular monitoring, tracking and management of incident tickets linked to the Data Center from Help Desk (HD) and ensure all tasks required to solve incidents are carried out professionally.
- Monitoring servers by using monitoring tools (NetIQ and SiteScope, Syslogng) and daily floor work-through.
- Work directly with Help Desk in solving customer and systems problems (ticket issues).
- Assist other systems administrators to troubleshoot IM tickets received from Help Desk and Automated tickets as well.
- Responsible for weekly schedule maintenance for the Content Management Applications Servers.
- Provide tracking and management of incidents linked to the SunGrid estate, ensuring that all tasks required to solved incidents are directed to the correct individual or teams, within the time frame set to ensure that Sun maintain service levels and meet customer exceptions.
- Alert monitoring
- Create and administration of incident cases - using tool set (Remedy Ticket Application).
- Manage incident Progression and tracking of incidents.
- Monitoring progression of incidents.
- Providing daily weekly incident reports.
- Collection and dissemination of necessary diagnostic data as required by the resolver group.
- Performing System Administration related duties on the SunGrid, such as:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and other related Network services (Solaris and Linux environment).
- Use troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and troubleshoot on the sun Grid
- Managing users/groups, local and NFS file system needs of applications.
- Investigate, diagnose and fix issues that arise through incident tickets, if necessary escalate technical problems to 3rd line support (Tier 3) and engineering and track completion of incidents.
- Performed system performance and disk space analysis to ensure maximum performance.
- Daily Monitoring of servers for instance: