- Versatile Cloud/DevOps Engineer, Linux Administrator and Middleware Engineer with 8 years of experience within Linux/Unix/Windows environments.
- Proficient in Configuration Management tools which helps in Server Provisioning, Configuring, Monitoring, Disaster Recovery for the complex issue and Adopting DevOps Culture to Automate the entire Software Development Life cycle and Implementing, Developing the Continuous Integration, Delivery/Deployment pipelines.
- Experience in employing Amazon AWS cloud which includes services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, Cloud Watch, Elastic Beanstalk, Security Groups, EC2 Container Service (ECS), Lambda, Kinesis, Code Commit, Code pipeline, code deploy, Dynamo DB, Auto Scaling.
- Executing and creating IAM policies and attaching them to IAM identifiers or resources. Expertise in assessing the permissions and resources helps in developing AWS cloud formation, Amazon EC2 instances and Amazon RDS DB instances.
- Deploying and configuring the IaaS instances on private cloud OpenStack. Managing the micro services for service deployment using Kubernetes, Docker and monitoring the performance and capacity of server using Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix and Splunk.
- Deployed Ansible Playbooks for automating jobs, Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables using YAML.
- Expertise on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate application deployment, intra service orchestration, cloud provisioning and speed productivity.
- Experience on Puppet as Configuration management tool to automate infrastructure management by deploying servers.
- Developed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and, Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Installed and configured Chef servers to automate the infrastructure to reduce the manual and repetitive tasks. Deployed Chef Recipes and Cookbooks to manage storage, servers and application on cloud or in house.
- Deployed containers with containment management service Docker to work seamlessly across applications. Created Docker images, docker hub and docker registries to install and configure Kubernetes for managing deployments and clustering them.
- Deployed spring boot applications using Docker swarm and provided native clustering functionality for scheduling and managing the docker container.
- Utilized Terraform as infrastructure automation tool to create stacks and updated terraform scripts in AWS for resource provisioning and managing the requirements based on regular basis.
- Designed and automated multiple deployment and build strategies using CI/CD Pipelines using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Creating GIT repositories with specified branching, tagging and maintaining strategies across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and Bitbucket on Linux and windows platforms.
- Installed and operated Apache Kafka for deploying the kafka cluster with the real - time applications and integrated with Big data technologies.
- Created disk groups, Physical volumes, Volume groups using Logical Volume Manage(LVM).
- Expertise in building tools like ANT, MAVEN, Perl, Ruby, MS Build, and Shell Scripts for troubleshooting, automating various builds and deploying to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat.
- Experience in monitoring tools like AppDynamics and Prometheus for troubleshooting, automating and monitoring of highly dynamic service-oriented architectures.
- Experience in working with Linux including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, configuration and administration of Red Hat Virtual machines in VMware Environment.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/ Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Good Understanding on the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Confidential, Newtown, PA
- Experience in utilizing Amazon AWS cloud includes services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, Cloud Watch, Elastic Beanstalk, Security Groups, EC2 Container Service (ECS), Lambda, Kinesis, Code Commit, Code pipeline, code deploy, Dynamo DB, Auto Scaling.
- Hands on experience in creating complex and custom IAM policies, Roles, and user management for delegated users within AWS and experience in developing AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, EC2 instances, ELB and security groups.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Builds and integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, etc.
- Hands on experience in source control management like Branching, Merges and Tags. Experienced in using Git, GitHub, Bit Bucket as source code repositories.
- Created CI/CD pipelines using GitLab for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins for automated testing and for Code quality check.
- Configuring JUnit coverage report and Integration Test cases as part of build in GitLab Runner and created gitlab-ci.yml file for kicking build process in stages that run in docker container.relation
- Used Gradle as a build tool automating the building, testing, publishing and deployment loading all the dependencies from the Nexus artifact repository.
- Expertise in creating functions and assigning roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts. Expertise in testing and automation tools like Selenium, Junit Framework and Cucumber.
- Experience in working with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and integrated Terraform with Jenkins and GIT to achieve continuous integration and test automation framework.
- Used Chef for infrastructure automation and local development testing, used EC2 as virtual servers to host GIT, Jenkins and configuration management tool. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures and Junit for testing framework.
- Written Chef Cookbooks using recipes with Tomcat, scripts to recipes with Python, Pip and Django, worked with legacy code - Redis, used community cookbooks and converted configuration script to recipe using Jenkins
- Tested Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, created the Docker files and version control, built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro service-oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Work in progress on POC to migrate to AWS to address scalability and performance issues.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers. Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Expertise in working with Web Services along with Apache SOAP, REST, WSDL, some other services like AXIS, JAX-RPC, Jersey API, Dropwizard and GDS.
- Served as the PowerShell developer, written hundreds of automation scripts for Windows based migration and automation projects.
- Communicate workarounds to be followed to L1 and L2 till the issue/work order gets complete/resolve. Raising issues to development team and working with them closely for permanent fixes through calls.
- Experience in L2 Production support and Coordinated with production support staff (L2 and L3), development and QA regarding issue/resolution.
- Written several scripts leveraging VMware’s PowerCLI and Windows PowerShell to aid with capacity planning and monitoring of the virtualization infrastructure.
- Improved overall AD replication health by developing an automated process using PowerShell to ensure that the organizations site-link topology was consistent with intended design, resulting in stable and efficient replication environment.
- Implemented Windows PowerShell scripts to monitor the event logs of critical windows servers in real-time and filter for specific errors, allowing me to view errors from the entire windows infrastructure as they occurred in the environment.
- Used Prometheus to collect metrics from monitored targets by scraping metrics from HTTP endpoints on these targets and added Grafana as a visualization layer for analyzing and visualizing monitoring stack.
- Monitored the critical business transactions using Datadog to preserved the important information of user by automating tests and used root cause analysis troubleshooted with APM integration in Datadog.
- Created system alerts using various Datadog tools and alerted application teams based on the escalation matrix. Integrated cloudcheckr, Datadog, Splunk Dashboard with AWS accounts.
- Coordinating and tracking all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA, for resolving the issues and tracking the bugs in the system, Source Code Management System Bit Bucket and Document Management System SharePoint.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and in Cloud Formation. Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Collaborated AWS infrastructure via terraform to perform tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Written Terraform modules for automating the creation of VPC’s and launching AWS EC2 Instances. Created reusable infrastructure using Terraform Modules where new folder is created and moved all the files from the web server cluster into modules.
- Worked with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS.
- Written Ansible Playbooks to automate the build/deploy process, various applications, provisioning and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Deployed Ansible Playbooks for automating jobs, managing configurations of AWS Nodes and testing playbooks on AWS instances on multi node deployment system.
- Experience on Ansible tower for managing organization with a very easy user interface which provides a dashboard with all of the state summaries of all the hosts, allows quick deployments, and monitors all configurations.
- Experience with Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments.
- Installed, Configured and managed Ansible as Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks.
- Managed Microservices using Docker to handle multiple containers as a cluster and scaling them and orchestration using Amazon EC2 container service (ECS) and deploy it to an Amazon EC2 instance.
- Experience on Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers to build and containerize the applications (CI/CD) to deploy either on public or private cloud.
- Expertise on building a new CI/CD pipeline for build, Testing and deployment automation of J2EE and MEAN stack applications with Docker, Jenkins and Ansible.
- Experience on Kubernetes as container management tool for Continues development, integration and deployment of application containers across a cluster of hosts.
- Experience on Spinnaker as an application management and application deployment by creating the continuous delivery pipeline to automatically rebuild, retest, and redeploy the new version using Kubernetes.
- Used Elastic Log search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK stack) for handling all types of logging data like Apache Logs, Windows Event Logs, Data over Network Protocols, Data from Standard Input and http requests.
- In continuous delivery pipeline ELK is used to store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using lambda function.
- Experience with AWS Command line interface and PowerShell for automating administrative tasks. Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic reaching one or more AWS EC2, LAMBDA instances.
- Created PowerShell scripts to expedite and aid the automating build process. Also, used these scripts for using and modifying ESXi configurations
- Used Cucumber as Behavior Driven Development to create test scripts from both the developer’s and the customer’s perspective to pass test scenarios in order to call this application successful.
- Used AppDynamics as an Application Performance Monitoring tool for monitoring JAVA, .NET and PHP applications along with NewRelic for monitoring performance like browser and for tracking issues in SQL statements.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Expertise on AWS- EC2, S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, Elastic Load Balancing, VPC, IAM, RDS, Cloud Front (CDN), Cloud formation, CloudWatch and Auto Scaling.
- Created CloudFormation templates for managing the AWS and performed reliable provisioning of the services and updated or replicated the stacks as needed.
- Implemented custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT using AWS cloud formation templates to ensure successful deployment of web-applications and database templates.
- Implemented IAM Users/Roles/Groups/Policies for improved login authentication and automated database backups to S3 using AWS CLI.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day TeamCity support for different projects and Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used Apache Kafka for designing the high throughput systems for collecting the large amount the data and analyzed the collected data.
- Installed and configured Kafka in R&D line, also Validated the installation with HDFS connector and used Storm, Kafka Services to push data to HBase and Hive tables.
- Used Kafka source and Kafka sink integrated Kafka with Flume in sand box Environment.
- Created Chef recipes using attributes, files, resources and templates to manage the infrastructure for changing the existing state or setting a particular infrastructure node.
- Uploaded Chef cookbooks to the Chef Server to ensure that the recipes present inside gets a given infrastructure to the desired state as listed in the recipe.
- Pulled images from the private docker registry to deploy automation of all micro-services into Docker Swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Containerized custom web applications and deployed them using Docker with Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant.
- Used Bamboo for pulling codes with Bitbucket and generated builds and push artifacts to AWS S3 using ANT.
- Created AMI images for launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 (AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Have tested various Linux Environments in the Development/Test Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any problems if any occurred. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Tested, and debugged the scripts using PowerShell in a single Windows-based graphic user interface with multiline editing, tab completion, syntax coloring, selective execution context-sensitive help.
- Experience in using Tomcat, Apache and Ngnix Application servers for automatic deployments, hosting, load balancing, troubleshooting and Proxy configurations. Built monitoring scripts for applications servers using Python and Shell Script.
- Experience in application management, security and compliance tools like Splunk and Nagios for monitoring Log server and to detect Prod issues.
- Installed, integrated and configured Apache and WebLogic application server to support the Java based Web Applications.
- Installed, configured, and supported multiple NoSQL instances Performing database maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading NoSQL (Couchbase and MongoDB) Databases on all environments.
- Collected events and metrics from hosts and passed them to Datadog, to analyze monitoring of servers, databases, tools, and services and performance of data on cloud-scale applications.
- Monitored performance and history of infrastructure with tools such as CloudWatch and Datadog.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed, configured and administered VMware ESX/ESXi and Citrix Xen Server for creating and managing virtual machines and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Experience on VMware vRealize Automation which used as multivendor and multi cloud support for resource provisioning, configuration, and automation of application delivery and container management.
- Created repositories in GIT as per requirement and provide early warnings of common build failures, enforced automation in build and deployment procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using GIT.
- Written the pom.xml and deployed specific versions of various modules of an applications into target environment using Udeploy and also used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on JAVA/J2EEprojects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT, MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements, maintaining pom.xml scripts for the build automation using CI.
- Used ANT scripts for taking the source code and automating the deploying process of various WAR, JAR, and EAR applications in WebSphere application server(WAS).
- Experience in Installing the Refresh Packs and cumulative fixes to WebSphere ND V6.0 environment, for WebSphere, plugins and IHS. Implemented upgrading tasks to both WAS and IHS by applying fix packs.
- Experience on SPLUNK as application and log management for managing logs to notify the incident management system upon reaching or exceeding the threshold limits and used NAGIOS for Monitoring of applications, servers, doing capacity planning.
- Installed multiple plugins for smooth build and release pipelines using Bamboo as continuous integration tool for nightly build, test and managing change list.
- Integrated Bamboo with ServiceNow through API to create schema to store the build information and implementing ITIL Change Management Process.
- Experience in providing technical requirements for ServiceNow, SMTP Admin and DBA to build integration to external and internal systems, currently using as SMTP (EMAIL), Web Service (Construction, integration testing, Transform Mapping, Security Authentication).
- Worked on the integration of ServiceNow with third party applications, integrated Service Catalog and Incident module. Build CMDB with ServiceNow Discovery Tool
- Used Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) tools like JIRA, Team Forge to track the progress of the project and also used as ticketing tool.
- Implemented Jenkins master and slave configuration as continuous integration and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments. Also created parameterized jobs to kick off builds for different environments.
- Created Jenkins builds and used Udeploy to automate and improve the application deployments in environments enabling model to processes the orchestrate complex deployments across every environment.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Experience in Installing, upgrading, configuring Red Hat Linux using kickstart servers and interactive installation.
- Automate and configure all basic setting of server including DNS setting, yum configuration, mount disk space used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Provided security mechanism for supporting access control security policies and setting up the permissions to the files and directories according to the requirement using SELinux.
- Deployed EJBs and J2EE enterprise applications on managed servers and cluster environment to maintain Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Experience in troubleshooting, applying patches and plug-in for WAS 5.0/6.0/7.0
- Experience in Installation, Configuration of Sessions and Global Security in WAS.
- Developed and deployed multitier distributed enterprise applications to centralize application services using WebLogic Server.
- Expertise in working with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts like polymorphism, inheritance, Abstraction, Encapsulation and Webservices SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), Microservices RESTFul/REST(Representational state transfer), Web services components i.e., WSDL(Web Services Description Language).
- Worked extensively on large variety of integration technologies Mule soft, Apache Camel, Jboss Fuse, Fuse Fabric8 and creating Active MQ with different topologies in Enterprise Integration.
- Installed and implemented VMware ESX Server, VMware Virtual Center, VMware vSphere, VMware Infrastructure client and other products for Virtualization.
- Installed, configured and administered VMware vSphere ESXi environment to evaluate and implement new hardware and software solutions that benefited architecture.
- Assigning LUNs to ESX/ ESXi servers and also created data stores to add virtual machines and experience on VMware tools like vSphere and vCenter to manage the virtual machines running on ESX cluster nodes.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Red hat, Ubuntu and HP-UX on various hardware platforms.
- Created, installed, WebLogic Application servers, deployed WAR, JAR files on them installed on both Linux, Solaris servers.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Integrated Apache web server to work with JBOSS application server on various Linux servers.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and software failures for various Solaris servers (core dump and log file analysis).
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL using RPM and YUM.
- Created and maintained virtual server on VMware ESX/ESXi based host and installed operating system on guest Servers.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of job, system monitoring, error reporting, adding users and for pushing changes into files of multiple groups of hosts with shell scripting.
- Used Logical Volume Manage (LVM) to create disk groups, Physical volumes, Volume groups, and used RAID technology for backup and recovery.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.