Self motivated, analytical and dedicated candidate interested in working as an IT Systems/Network Administrator. Currently a network systems administrator with comprehensive data and telecommunications experience. Technically savvy and adept at solving networking, electronics and computer technology problems.
IT Network Administrator
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2 installation, deployments, troubleshooting and automation.
- Monitor ticketing system for new tickets and work - items.
- Update existing tickets.
- Maintain hardware inventory control in ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot server hardware and software issues and escalate accordingly.
- Assist as part of a team in building and managing lab environments with complex settings, configurations, topologies and equipment including servers and various network elements.
- Network troubleshooting in complex environments, VLAN configurations, port trunking.
- Assist in development, improvement and maintenance of imaging, deployment solution.
- Administer multiple disjoint Active Directory Forests, Domains, DHCP, DNS and various other Infrastructure services.
- Trust relationships setup, dcpromo and decommission of AD.
- Updates, patching and software installations via group policies (GPO) Racking and patching equipment as needed.
- SAN (storage area networks) and DAS (direct-attached storage) and associated HBA’s (both SCSI and Fiber-Channel) plus Windows Storage server with iSCSI connections.
- SQL Server 2005-2008 installation, clustering configuration for Windows Server 2008. Power shell automation for creation of virtual servers to vhosts.
- VMware mixed mode support environment customer test environment.
IT Technical Support Analyst
- Responsible for providing telephone/email and remote diagnostic technical support of servers, switches, and other hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers.
- Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products.
- Verifies warranty entitlement.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures.
- Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation.
- Perform storage migration on Cluster server.
- Experience in Volume Manager (Veritas, Solaris), VXFS. Knowledge of Backup tools. High availability (Veritas Cluster, Sun Cluster.
- Advanced server hardware knowledge RAID, HBA’s, SCSI, ATA, and other I/O topologies.
- Advanced storage hardware knowledge such as Fibre channel, Clustering, RAID, and I/O topology. Disk Array Enclosure (DAE): Fibre and iSCSI
IT Technical Support Analyst
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications. Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software. Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities. Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software. Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem - solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software. Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users. Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, and cost comparison analysis.
Information Technology Service Management Analyst
- Provide Tech support to internal and external PTC Staff, PA State Police, and third party vendors and resolve those reported issues.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolves system environment issues that occur on a day - to-day basis.
- Monitor anti-virus protection on all servers are up and running properly and that the anti-virus signatures are up-to-date.
- Perform server maintenance and upgrades of PTC system software by working with programmers and technical staff.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary. Create, track, enter assets, and reports in BMC Remedy 7.0.
- Expertise in designing and implementing enterprise computing solutions throughout the PTC. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server 2000/2003 and server hardware. General understanding of Project Management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange server setting up user s mail accounts.
- Provided tech support on mobile phones and PDA devices.
- Systems Administrator provided level II technical support to all users for computer hardware, operating systems, network connectivity, desktop and server applications, business applications, printing and email.
- Provided installation, maintenance and upgrade activities for computer hardware, operating systems, network connectivity, desktop and server applications, business applications, printing and email.
- Using Track-It and Remedy software, performed asset management to properly track, maintain and document all hardware, software, licensing and applications software used by the company.
- Using Track-It and Remedy software, tracked and documented all helpdesk requests.
- Managed help desk requests in a timely manner and escalated as needed to the next tier.
- Used SMS remote client to provide Tier 1 and 2 assistance to remote agents in the field. New hire integration.
- Ordered new PC Desktop and laptop for new hires and configured system for tasks needed, integrated the new system onto the domain and instructed the new hire on system capabilities and needed domain structure.
- Assisted in 2000 workstation rollout of converting all workstations from Windows NT 2000 to Windows XP.
- Included replacing all hardware, network integration and configurations
- Reconfigured new systems using Norton Ghost, finalized installation by adding network credentials.