- Solaris administrator since working at the Chicago Board of Trade/Chicago Mercantile Exchange in 1997.
- Has worked with Solaris versions 2.5 to 11.3 in various large scale environments
- Worked with SAN/NAS in a fiber channel network, using Brocade, Hitachi and EMC
- Worked with Symantec Netbackup for more than 8 years, from version 3.4 to 6.5.
- Earned Oracle Certified Associate for Solaris 11 (March 2016.)
Software: Solaris 8/9/10,/11.3 Oracle LDOM v3.3, Veritas Netbackup, Netbackup Vault, Cisco IOS 12.X. Solstice Disk Suite, Data Ontap. Ksh, Perl, Veritas Backup Reporter, EMC Navisphere 6.X, Cisco SAN OS2 .1, ZFS. Oracle Virtualbox, Apple Mac OS X, Red Hat Linux 6/7.
Hardware: Sun Microsystems T3 - 1, v880 v240, T2000 and other servers. StorageTek L700, L40, L20. Brocade Fiber Switches (3200, 3800, 3900, 12K, DCX,) Hitachi SAN Array, NetApp NAS Device, Cisco Routers(877, 2520,2821,3825) and Switches(2900 and 3560). Lantronix SLC48 Console servers, EMC Clariion CX 300, Cisco MDS 9120.
Networking: DNS, NIS, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP, DHCP
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Solaris, Unix, Windows, VM Ware, HP Openview, App Dynamics, Big Panda SiteScope, various hardware and software.
- Engineer for the Application Recovery Team, whose purpose is second level support of the multiple hardware and software environments at United Airlines.
- Monitoring of IBM MQ, App Dynamics monitor, and HP Openview, and Big Panda.
- Fix problems such as connectivity, disk space, process/service management according to ITIL processes.
- Escalate issues to other hardware/software groups.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, HP DL360 Servers, HP Openview, Tidal Software
- Works on the NYSE/ICE National Market Systems, a trading system that allows multiple participant exchanges to sell common commodities.
- Job functions included monitoring of systems and minor Linux systems administration.
- Escalation of problems to hardware, network and business groups.
- Preparation of Start of Day processes.
Environment: Solaris, Red Hat Linux, Brocade 24K and DCX, EMC Clariion, StorageTek L700 and Quantum iScalar tape libraries, Sun Microsystems Hardware
- Contract with Confidential through Confidential in the Network Operations Center.
- Assisted in the upgrade of an environment of Linux servers.
- Installed and configured hardware and software for thirty two servers, such as network, SAN, Netbackup and BIOS upgrades. The installation of these servers was using Kickstart and an in house script handled some of the systems configuration such as network, external SAN drives and installation of drivers for Fiber Channel interface cards.
- Provided support for Solaris, Linux and Windows servers and monitoring of Netbackup environment.
- Used Symantec’s Backup Reporter to monitor as well as aid in capacity planning.
- Worked on a project to migrate SAN fiber cabling from current Brocade switches to newer model DCX switches and to EMC Clariion arrays.
- Documented the current SAN from server to switch to storage and created new mapping to add patch panels in the environment to connect cabling to the new switches.