- Solutions - oriented and analytical technical professional with a proven track record in the successful direction of a broad range of corporate system development initiatives while participating in the planning, analysis, and implementation of solutions in support of business objectives.
- Excel in providing comprehensive system analysis, detail design, development and integration of PC based solutions for DoD institutions.
- Possess system development expertise that includes requirements definition, design, architecture, full system construction, testing, and support.
- Outstanding project leader, able to coordinate and direct all phases of project based efforts while motivating and guiding teams.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Business Requirements Definition
- System Analysis and design
- Functional and Technical Specifications
- Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) development
- Business process flowchart development
- Waterfall / Agile development methodologies
- Documentum Enterprise Content Management
- User Interface (UI) and GUI mockup design and development
- Application System Development
- Unit/Component Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Off-site and On-site Support
- SDLC Best Practices
- CMMI Level 3 Practices
Databases: Sybase (I-SQL), MS Access
Platforms: Windows, Unix, DOS
Tools: MS Visual C++, MS Visual Studio, MS Visio, MS Excel, Rational Requirements Composer (RRC), MS SharePoint 2010, Documentum Enterprise Content Management
- Manage a 3-4 member component team.
- Develop Level of Effort (LOE) to estimate projects’ length and roadmap for all development phases.
- Design, construct, and analyze clear and concise software development documents.
- Write software change requests with client input.
- Gather requirements from system end users and weekly project status from team.
- Develop Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTMs) using MS Excel.
- Develop business process diagrams and flowcharts using MS Visio to include: activity diagrams, process flow, systems requirements, use cases, and sequence diagrams.
- Present software design documents to stakeholders and component team.
- Guide stakeholders through the collection and consolidation of business requirements.
- Conduct data modeling sessions with data Architects.
- Define functional specifications and system architecture approaches.
- Guide team members through design and technical specification processes.
- Play a key role in system construction, testing and user acceptance.
- Coordinate production deployment and provide initial application support.
- Conduct all activities according to SDLC practices.
- Completed data and system architecture for redesigning Army acquisitions practices which is used locally and globally.
- Lead the team of developers and test engineers through design and redesign of new and existing (COTS) software components in compliance with Army regulations.
- Successfully completed the transition of Acquisitions component to interface with a third-party web-based system (LMP - Logistic Modernization Program.)
Confidential - Alexandria, VA
Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Analyze business and system requirements, mange development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, and verify bug fixes.
- Oversee 4 on- and off-site QA analysts.
- Configure test environment and create strategy for product development and certification. Assure test data, schedule automated/manual tests. Approve results documentation and tracking systems updates.
- Supervise development of SQL-queries/procedures for database and backend testing.
- Manage script creation for manual test methodology.
- Use PVCS Tracker for reporting and tracking defects, and providing updates on resolved bugs.
- Determined testing requirements developed and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios, conducted baseline testing, and generated reports. Tested server and Web Portal.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Designed test plans and defined cases for functional, integration system, and user acceptance testing.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates..
- Interacted with developers, system engineers, and testing teams to identify applications defects