- Self - driven and highly motivated DevOps and Cloud Engineer and Architect with 18+ years of overall experience in Development of Automation, Deployment Automation, Infrastructure Automation in DevOps Cloud space across Education, Media and Broadcasting, Banking, Insurance, and Healthcare domains.
- Excellent subject matter expertise within the DevOps, Infrastructure as a Code (IasC), Security as a Code, Policy as a Code, Compliance as a Code, Platform as a Service (PaaS), SaaS, Virtualization, Containerization and Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CICD)
- Experienced with VMs, Cloud and App Services, Web Application Gateway, Storage and Networking services in Microsoft Azure and EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Cloud Watch and Systems Manager in AWS and Compute Services, GKE, Deployment Manager, Cloud Functions and Serverless in GCP
- Dexterous in preparing DevOps Strategy, Cloud Strategy and Migration Strategy for the organizations and plan the migration from on-prem infrastructure to the cloud reducing costs by at least 30% and migrating from one cloud to another.
- Skilled in setting up and orchestrating Kubernetes Clusters from scratch on VMs and on Managed Services like Amazon EKS, Google GKE and Azure AKS. Worked on clusters of size with hundreds of nodes and thousands of pods.
- Highly experienced in Infrastructure as Code automation and configuration management of VMs on AWS, Azure, GCP and VMware using Terraform, Cloud Formation, Azure ARM and Deployment Manager. Also worked on Configuration management using Azure DSC & PowerShell DSC for Windows and Ansible for Linux
- Good experience on Installing and Implementing Logging & Monitoring tools Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Application Insights, Zabbix, Cloud Watch for infrastructure, Synthetics, APM, Containers, Pods and DB monitoring.
- Worked on Big Data DevOps and Machine Learning tools like Sage maker in AWS and Azure. Also worked on AWS and Azure Data Lakes and Snowflake and have done data ingestion from multiple sources
- Master in Build automation and orchestrating the pipeline for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery in Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps and Circle CI
- One of the few Database DevOps Engineers, who worked on piloting Database DevOps using DB Maestro on Oracle and MS-SQL automating the entire Database Deployment process along with DB Source Control.
- Good at Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) giving prompt support to production infrastructure and application and making sure SLAs and SLOs are reached. Effective in conducting Issue triaging, RCA and preparing incident reports. Developed many toil reduction capabilities and always worked within error budgets.
- Excellent hands-on experience on Linux and Windows Server administration with Bash and PowerShell
- Have a good hands-on experience on GIT tools like GitHub, Bit Bucket and SVN and well versed with branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using above SCM tools
- An effective technical architect in easily setting up, writing, reviewing, deploying and testing API, Microservices and middleware infrastructure for all platforms using web service frameworks like JWS, XML, SOAP and REST APIs. Good in Swagger UI and API Presentation Layer.
- Worked in Agile environment and acted as Scrum Master for the team. Well versed with SMART storyboarding and Sprint Ceremonies.
- Technical acumen in Technical languages and tools like Obj. C, .Net, JSON, HTML5, ReactJS, AngularJS, Node.js, Java Script, CSS, XML, and experience in development tools like Visual Studio, XCode and Eclipse
- Solid experience in Team Building, Coaching, Motivation and Mentoring. Good Leadership, Client facing and Interpersonal skills. Very comfortable interacting with Senior Leadership
Continuous Planning Tools: Jira, Confluence, Azure DevOps, Asana, Trello
Source Control Tools: Bitbucket, GitHub, VSTS, SVN, Gitlab
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Circle CI, SonarQube
Build and Release Tools: Apache Maven, MS Build, Ant, Gradle, Fastlane, HockeyApp
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Packer, DSC
Big Data & Machine Learning: Apache Nifi, Azure Data Lake, AWS Data Lake, Sage Maker, Snowflake
Orchestration & Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, OpenStack
Infrastructure Automation Tools: Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM, DSC and PowerShell
Continuous Deployment Tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Octopus, VSTS, DB Maestro
Continuous Monitoring Tools: Datadog, New Relic, Cloud Watch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix, ELK
Site Reliability Engineering Tools: Health Maps, APM, New Relic, Kingdom and SolarWinds
Programming Languages & Tools: C++, Java, Python, .Net, Visual Studio, XCode, Android Studio, Eclipse
Scripting Languages: Perl, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Java Script
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Firebase, PostgreSQL, Neo4J, MongoDB, DB2
- Setup, Configure and Manage the running, security and stability of the Apache Nifi Clusters on on-prem datacenters.
- Setup and Managed Kubernetes Metrics Monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana Stack and Log Aggregation and Monitoring using ELK stack
- Setup and Managed Hashicorp vault and consolidated the storing and retrieval of secrets for all on-prem infrastructure and applications. Secrets include SSH keys, passwords and so on
- Automated the deployment of Apache Nifi Jobs from Dev to production using a CICD Pipeline stack Service Now, Jenkins, Gitlab, Bash Scripting
Environment : GitLab, Jenkins, ServiceNow, Apache Nifi, Hashicorp Vault, Terraform, GCP, Bash Scripting
Confidential, Boston, MA
DevOps and AWS Architect
- Understand the use cases and stakeholder objectives for Cloud, Automation, CICD, etc. and work with engineering to build and optimize solutions that deliver on requirements.
- Work along with SRE teams and conduct debugging, triage and conducting root cause analysis and post-mortems. Updated SRE Process to establish SLOs and error budgets for availability.
- Dockerized the applications and services and setup Kubernetes Clusters on AKS and orchestrated the implementation and deployments and integrated these clusters into CICD pipeline flowing across all environments
- Worked with AMG teams to build organizational knowledge around Cloud Security and Automated Patching for all nodes on the cloud reducing manual toil and helped switch over data centers during the process without any downtime.
- Prepared a demo as a part of refactoring monolithic architecture to microservices architecture and deploying separately to PCF and GCP to understand the flexibility and performance
- Worked with senior leadership in engineering and operations to develop a center of excellence around Cloud, CICD, Release Management, and Automation.
Environment : GitHub, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Terraform, AWS, Jenkins, PowerShell scripting, Imperva and MS build, Windows, Dotnet and Dotnet Core
Confidential, Dallas, TX
AWS and GCP Architect
- Created network diagrams for the projects and deploy the resources in AWS as per the network diagram
- Worked with Security teams to integrate complete AWS access and IAM roles and permissions with Okta. Managed secrets with GCP’s KMS.
- Handled Migration of AWS Infrastructure from the on-prem data center in DFW to AWS
- Setup AWS Cloud Front, S3, Cloud Watch, EC2 Instances, AWS WAF Shield, CDN in Amazon AWS
- Worked on a POC to deploy the API components on GKE cluster on GCP for flexibility. Prepared a Demo too.
- Worked on AWS Shield and Firewall to prevent DDOS attacks on Yellow pages Portal
- Worked on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and given production support for infrastructure on AWS by continuous monitoring of infrastructure in New Relic and comparing the performance against goals
- Security hardening at Infrastructure level with EC2 Security Groups, NSGs, VPC NACLs, moving instances in public subnets to private subnets, using bastion hosts for admin access.
- Worked with Flux9 vendor in setting up landing zones for the infrastructure in AWS in Gold and Platinum Plans for migration. This includes both lift and shift and incremental shift type of migrations
- Worked with AWS Cloud formation, Lambda, SNS Notifications, NAT Gateway, VPC, Redshift, S3
- Setup CICD Pipelines for the three projects dockerizing the applications, setting up Kubernetes cluster, helm charts and Ansible Deployments
Environment: AWS, GCP, EC2, IAM, VPC, Kinesis, GKE, KMS, SNS, Lambda, AWS Cli, Bash Scripting, S3, Redshift
DevOps & IasC Specialist
- Worked on setting up Infrastructure as Code architecture to WebEx next generation version of the product.
- Established Git Branching strategies for productive code development and seamless CICD Pipeline execution.
- Documented Standard Operating Procedures for Automated Testing and prepared the ground for an efficient CICD Pipeline for IasC code right from Dev Environment to Production in both Dev Lab, QA Lab and production data center
- Worked on Jenkins for CI, Ansible for CD of the IasC Code from installation to implementing steps of CICD
- Worked on setting up CICD Pipeline for Infrastructure as a Code for WebEx Automation Project
- Established GIT Structure for IasS Code with Ansible and Ansible Tower components as well
- Guided QA team in setting up Automated Test Cluster with Molecule as a tool and Static Code Analysis using Python Lint and Ansible Lint
- Architected the API management Gateway between Ansible and other Shared Services of the project for secure RBAC
Environment: Ansible, OpenStack, GitHub, Linux, Jenkins, Bash Scripting, Confidential Networking