- Exchange disaster recovery, saving 400+ mailboxes from permanent loss
- Planned, built and executed datacenter relocation, including all associated facilities, power, cooling and connectivity for 30+ servers
- Implemented server consolidation through virtualization, reducing server physical footprint to 30% of intended systems
- Migration of remote exchange database to in - house facilities and email configuration for 500-user domain, eliminating recurring outside hosting and administration costs
- Maintained operability of 50+ server datacenter and collocation in a “four nines” 24x7 environment
- Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2 Installation/Administration
- Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003/2007 Administration/Migration/Disaster Recovery
- Microsoft Server Components (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDS, GPO)
- Virtualization (VMWare ESXi, Microsoft HyperV, Oracle VirtualBox)
- Router/Firewall/VPN management (SonicWALL, Checkpoint, Microsoft ISA)
- Evaluation/Purchasing Enterprise Hardware (Server, NAS, DAS, SAN)
- Backup software configuration and implementation (BackupExec 11d, 2010)
- Internal Software Deployment and Change Management Documentation
- Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) installation and configuration
- Phone systems (Elastix, Switchvox, Nortel) setup and support
- Windows Update Services (WSUS) installation and implementation
- Server rack and infrastructure equipment installation
- Maintaining Datacenter infrastructure (Power, cooling, connectivity)
- Deployment of imaged PCs and software (Ghost, Snap Deploy, etc.)
- Integration of office infrastructure (Fax/Copy/Scanner)
Internal Systems Administrator
- Maintain and administer wide range of internal systems in a high-pressure “911” environment monitoring criminals
- Microsoft Server Administration (AD, Exchange, SQL, ISA)
- Phone system implementation and administration
- Datacenter management and infrastructure uptime (Power/UPS, Cooling, Fiber+Copper)
- DR Planning and preparation; intensive monitoring of all systems/servers (50+)
- Physical security (RF badges, biometrics, physical locks)
- Perform on-site diagnosis of IT issues for 10+ Companies
- Monitor company systems and perform ticketed task reporting
- Diagnose equipment issues and recommend infrastructure upgrades and replacements
- Extensive backup modeling and monitoring of company data
- Worked within a team to solve complex client issues including network failures, backup resolutions and system migrations.
Information Technology Coordinator
- Manage IT operations including team of 3.
- Monitor system and network resources on an enterprise level.
- Report directly to executive team on technical evaluations and recommendations for future upgrades and purchases.
- Pricing, vendor negotiations, purchasing and installation of new infrastructure and servers.
- Maintain system backups and disaster recovery preparedness.
- Evaluate staff performance
Tech Support/Network and Computer Specialist
- Monitored multiple-server Microsoft Windows 2003 Server environment
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 Administration for 400+ users
- Assisted in development/configuration of enterprise-wide network reconfiguration
- Remote server deployment, user document redirection and backup and updated associated policies.
- Technical lead for all new policies and hardware purchases
- Ensured services and system stability for multiple branch offices.
- Assisted the Director of IT and Data Management in planning and implementation of new hardware and software systems.
- Administration of Confidential remote access VPN for 250 clients
- Enforcement of Group Policy and OS configuration
- Provided technical support for email, laptop computers, desktop computers, web-based and software applications, and cell phones.