Experienced, tenacious, and performance - driven information technology professional with extensive experience in program and project management, network administration, and technical support. Adept at overseeing projects within information systems, telecommunications, and customer service environments. Known for the ability to provide creative and effective server and networking strategies as well as in expertise in developing scalable solutions that dramatically improve efficiency and productivity. Recognized for adeptness in defining and mapping project scope, specifications, timeline, and budget requirement. Highly analytical leader with well-defined business acumen and outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Team Player. HW - HP, ILO, out of band management, GPO, Active Directory, Security, User and Group management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Windows System Administration (Win 2008r2, 2012) Confidential BES Infrastructure
VMware Virtualization (VCenter, ESXi) up to 6.0 Change Management/Operational Streamlining
Active Directory, Directory Services Risk Assessment
Antivirus Administration Strategic Planning
New Site Openings Project Management and Engineering
Software Administration Leadership and Teambuilding
Technical Support / Troubleshooting Team Player and Team Building
Confidential, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Worked with over 30 subsidiaries to migrate local storage, physical servers to Virtual, and user data to Confidential data centers.
- Creating and P2V physical servers to data centers in Atlanta
- Build and design the VCenter and ESXI servers at optimal performance tuning utilizing Fault tolerance, Load balance, vMotion, vSphere Replication
- Upgrade ESXI and VCenter to the current 6.0 update 2
- Work with networking, storage teams to create load balance and high availability of ESI Servers and VCenter.
- Meeting all SLA’s from the client.
- Move or create VM’s in AWS and testing of AZURE
- Clean-up Active Directory Services such as USER and Group cleanup, Security groups, getting rid of regular user accounts as a service accounts and converting them to managed service accounts.
- Migrating multiple sites to the Data Center in Atlanta and Seattle.
- Reconfigure dhcp, dns and site services with subsidiaries to establish either one way trusts or bidirectional trusts.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Interact with data users and managers to understand the customer’s requirements and formulate recommendations.
- Contribute in all areas of technology management, systems development or systems implementation as assigned.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements and improve the performance and reliability of our hosted solutions.
- Ability to adapt and react to complex issues and collaborative with team members for end resolutions.
- Collaborate with other functional teams such as Storage, Linux and Security and Telecom teams
- Taken ownership of projects.
- Provide 3rd level technical support for Active Directory related applications and systems.
- Testing, planning and implementation of service packs and Hotfixes to the environment through WSUS
- Support and maintain the Directory Services infrastructure which includes Windows 2008r2/2012, Group policy, DFS, LDAP, DNS, DHCP
- Investigated and resolved any problems reported with any of these applications whether limited to a single user or system wide issue.
- Perform Scheduled weekend and after hours work through change management as well after hours emergency work as required.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- All work must be approved through change process on production servers.
- Strategies in capacity planning
- Ongoing project, buildout and deployments in a virtual environment of approx. 200 plus virtual servers with storage backend hosting portfolio services to our clients; has revenue of over a billion in assets in a very short period of time from inception.
- Maintain Lab virtual infrastructure Approx. 400 virtual servers in current local lab environment.
- Upgrade servers in the Data Center
- Perform and test wide area Disaster Recovery while bringing down Data Center 1 and making sure failover has occurred on Data Center 2 and switching back to the Data Center 1 and testing that DC1 has resumed responsibilities.
- Re-fresh of Server hardware in the data center and local office over 1500 virtual and physical servers.
- Formulated a sound plan for upgrading the Lab virtualization environment to bring it up to par to current industry standards. vCenter5.5, VMware Hosts 5.5, Windows Servers 2008r2 / 2012. Approx. 400 virtual servers in current local lab environment.
- Physical Server HP, ILO, NIC, HBA
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Projects in support of Research and Development and Corporate in providing solutions and recommendations.
- Part of the Global Corporate IT Windows Infrastructure teams, Virtual and Systems Operations Teams in support of corporate systems.
- Senior support role for multiple locations, Florida, Atlanta, Boston, Latin America, with continuous projects of Active Directory services Role outs and Virtualization Role outs.
- Mentor of new or seasoned IT personal in knowledge transfer and guidance when needed.
- Support role with Corporate Infrastructure when requested.
- Continuously maintain and improving vCenter, ESXi 5.1 and work with all team members whether its networking, storage, desktop to guarantee minimal downtime
- HW - HP, ILO, out of band management, GPO, Active Directory, Security, User and Group management.
- Play a pivotal role in managing and supporting a large research and development laboratory environment with more than 450 engineers and a wide variety of software platforms and technologies
- Monitor and support Global VMware infrastructure with more than 15,000 Virtual Servers
- New Site Openings and Acquisitions - Supported new site(s) openings and key company acquisitions by travelling both domestically and internationally; maintained involvement in new hire orientation for the IT
- Continuously contributing to the success of the Global Windows Infrastructure and Directory Services teams based worldwide.
- Key Contributor on Global role out of VMware and Windows 2008 r2 Directory Services.
- Department; and communicated with vendors and support personnel to ensure timely attainment of critical goals
- Upgrade of Windows Infrastructure Servers - Secured critical server roles, such as DNS, DHCP, and other AD directory services remained operational during the transition and no interruptions were encountered
- Served as a proactive member of the Confidential Global Lab Support Team, Global Printer Administrator Team, and Telecom Administration Team
- Lead a newly design and virtualized Research and Development facility with Windows based Operating systems environment using vCenter, VMware 4 and 5, Windows 2008 r2 Active Directory build out in Cary, NC.
- Upgrade ESXi and vCenter to 5.0 / 5.1 versions as well as upgraded the lab environment from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008r2 directory services.
- Upgrade of Windows Infrastructure Servers - Secured that critical server roles, such as DNS, DHCP, and other AD Directory Services remained operational during the transition and no interruptions were encountered
- Windows Software Update Services (WSUS) Deployment
- Exemplified technical expertise in installing, configuring, and managing a Microsoft WSUS Server to ensure that client machines received the latest hot fixes and security updates
- Add Linux base OS(Virtual OS) to the lab infrastructure per request of the developers. Ubuntu, Red hat.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Client / Server Engineer
- Responsible for designing complex server networks as well as installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining server and workstation based components of existing or new networks.
- Provide support to networking department in providing network support and troubleshooting.
- Provide second level support to help desk associates in interviewing users experiencing problems using diagnostic procedures in order to determine source of problems or error.
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Senior Systems Administrator / Team Lead
- Resolving issues related to Server systems, networking, e-mail, applications, local and network printers.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, and resolve networking concerns; monitor network and related infrastructure. Maintaining a secure environment.
- Support of 700 plus internal & external users. Maintain Windows 2003 servers, and the corporate infrastructure including multiple company sites.
- Build of new acquired sites with new Forest / Domain infrastructure.
- Security, GPO.
- Implement infrastructure builds at remote locations in Vegas, Massachusetts, Virginia, Florida, and Tennessee.
- Multiple Migration projects, Servers 2000 to 2003 and all company workstations to Windows XP.
- Upgraded company Servers to 2003. Setup and configure offsite data center for company.