- Having 11 years of experience in Analysis, Development, Support, Implementation and Testing with Mainframe technologies.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle processes in a large enterprise environment and proficient in analyzing existing systems and designing technical specifications for the proposed business requirements.
- 11 years of experience in Application Maintenance and Support which includes providing 24x7 on - call support for Mainframe applications, performing root cause analysis, providing a permanent fix and being involved in Disaster Recovery Process.
- Extensively involved in Project Management activities like Estimation, Planning and Scheduling of Initiatives, Quality Management, Execution, Risk Monitoring and Control, status reporting, conducting quality reviews of design documents, coding and test plans.
- Excellent capability to explore, learn and understand newer technologies and business domains.
- Completed L2 exam for Mainframe in Confidential (previously Patni) in 2011.
Operating System: MVS, Windows 2000, Windows 2007, Windows XP and Windows 7, 8, 10
Environment: Mainframe Z/OS
Database: DB2, VSAM,IDMS,CA-Datacom
Languages: Cobol, JCL, CICS, SQL, CA-IDEAL, Easytrieve, ADSO
Other: FILEAID, SARS, CA7, Endevor, Infopac, File Manager, DFSORT, OLQ, DMLO, XPEDITOR, CHANGEMAN, CA-11 Scheduler, QMF, IBM InfoSphere Information Server Manager, IBM InfoSphere DateStage and QualityStage Designer, SPUFI, Agile Central, ServiceNow, HPSM, Cherwell, JIRA, BugZero, SVN, Endevor, Ipswitch, SharePoint, Document Direct
- Analyzing project data to determine specifications or requirements. Understanding SLF’s Application Maintenance process on Insurance Domain, it’s technical architecture, functionality of all the modules and their interdependencies and interfaces with other applications, preparing data for analysis.
- Documenting technical specifications or requirements. Creating Change Request Design Document according to Change Specifications; preparing Test Plan, Functional and Technical documentation for production releases.
- Managing information technology projects or system activities.
- Performing Production support activities for monitoring Batch Cycle, Abend Fixing and resolving Production Issues using CA7 and SARS.
- Handling ADHOC tasks, Bug fixing and resolving Incidents raised through ServiceNow, BugZero and JIRA ticketing system.
- Interacting with clients and performing requirement gathering, analysis, estimation, architecture designing, development (using COBOL, FileAid, CICS, DB2, VSAM) and implementation.
- Performing intricate analysis for change of any existing functionality and delivering the same using SDLC.
- Generating 1099 Tax Reports by making changes to existing programs as per new State and Federal Laws.
- Handling deployments through Mainframe Ticketing process (i.e., ServiceNow is the tool used here) for any Enhancement or Maintenance changes by following various phases -
- Registration and Categorization of the Change created,
- Building Package in Endevor,
- Testing and Submitting Approval for implementing change and
- In case of failure, implementing Back out plan.
- Executing and implementing changes in Mainframe jobs as part of Autosys server Migration and testing the job runs using CA7 and JCL by bringing the scheduler up and down.
- Increasing Performance Tuning of batch run as part of MIPS reduction by analyzing graphs of daily Batch job runs and CICS online transactions, thus, making changes to JCL, VSAM, COBOL programs, DB2 and IMS tables to achieve Batch Optimization.
- Supporting Mainframe upgrades (M90A, CICS, DB2, IMS) as part of weekend activities to mitigate negative impact to production during the core Monday - Friday work week.
- Worked on various high priority projects such as IFRS17 and Cobol 4.2 upgrade projects.
- Performing Code Moves using ETL tools like IBM InfoSphere Information Server Manager, IBM InfoSphere DateStage and QualityStage Designer.
- Performing ISD Webservices deployment using IBM InfoSphere Information Server Console.
- Supervising, Mentoring and guiding Offshore Team.
- Practicing full facing AGILE methodology with SCRUM Meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting and Sprint Review Meeting.
- Daily interaction with customers and business to understand requirements related to Fleet Management and design solutions for them.
- Attending meetings in war room to prioritize and discuss severity of defects and timeline of solutions and generate reports in Agile Central.
- Efficient and quick resolving of showstopper defects and other higher Priority Incidents raised by business in ServiceNow.
- Communicating, coordinating and mentoring offshore team.
- Providing support to business in processing their quarterly and monthly mainframe job cycles in CA7.
- Developing new screens and tables, coding and reviewing programs using COBOL,IDMS, ADSO, CICS, Datacom, JCL for Gap Remediation enhancement projects following a DevOps and Application Lifecycle Management approach.
- Generating reports by using programming languages - COBOL and IDEAL and Reporting Tool called Infopac.
- Handling Deployment changes through ServiceNow tool at Customer Environment once lower environment testing is done.
- Coordinating with Business users / UAT Testers during UAT phase, providing them with UAT guidelines; supporting and attending users’ queries on applications using a robust defect tracking system in Agile Central which is used for capturing, tracking defects and generating trend charts for Quality Control (QC) analysis.
- Preparing test data and test cases in Rally; reviewing test case execution and results during Datacom upgrades.
- Work with customers in gathering business requirements for data enhancement and gap remediation needs.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the requirements.
- Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out all activities.
- Perform source system data analysis to manage source to target data mapping.
- Reporting on progress/issues to management and users.
- Coding major enhancements in the Batch Programs, Batch Jobs and PROCs using COBOL, IDMS, JCL, VSAM, DB2, FILEAID, REXX, DFSORT, XPEDITOR, ChangeMan - to implement changes in business processes and develop Interfaces for various other Subsystems
- Creating unit test cases to test the code changes and performing impact analysis using COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, IDMS, File Manager, DFSORT, VSAM, OLQ, DMLO
- Documenting each section of the SDLC and creating Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) in defined project document templates.
- Ensure on Time Delivery (OTD) & First Time Right (FTR) for quality delivery.
- Performing Peer review and log any issues and track till it is closed. Acted as DPR (Defect Prevention) Coordinator for the project.
- Responsible for correct versioning of code by creating and moving the requests.
- Conducting Knowledge Transition calls with Clients for any new activity that is required to be supported, performing periodic system updates and interacting with users for future enhancements.
- Training and mentoring new team members.