Senior Automation Engineer
- Developing framework and tests using CodedUI in Visual Studio C# to test Windows 10 store applications.
- My primary duties in the group is to design, build and document a system that will automatically run tests. Currently implementing Team Foundation Server to orchestrate.
- Special assignments from time to time for other groups include automation of data. Automatically validation of nearly 70,000 navigational charts ensuring the highest data quality.
PowerShell SDE / Cloud Integration Build e ngineering and Automation
- Working with MATI Team. This team's mission is to create cloud automations to build needed directory and other services for new organizations or bets.
- My primary duties in the group is to design, build and document a system that will automatically construct the server instances as well as configuration of all installed features and software needed for the offered services starting with directory services, "Active Directory" implementing "Desired State Configuration".
SDET and Product Quality Control
- Specifically charged with developing test case descriptions and steps including automated validation tools. Chassis and Rack Manager Monitors 96 production blades and hundreds of sensors. CLI console and serial interfaces.
- Manage configuration, installation, and support of all new Blade and Chassis Management servers, including firmware changes, BIOS changes. Keeping all machines up to date with current patches, iPaks for OS, SQL and IIS installs.
- Specifically developed test harness to allow efficient execution of up to 20 test steps per case via serial and console CLI and some REST API calls.
SDET Test Environment Build Automation
- Manage 450+ Servers in 15 different testing configurations within the testing lab. Setup, Maintain and upgrade all systems, infrastructure, build BVT machines and setup any new racks, servers and switches. Implementing HyperV VM's in the lab to replace several EOL Servers and efficiencies of using VM's.
- Daily support request from customers (the testing groups) of anywhere from 5 - 20+ requests a day, per shift, using TFS as ticketing tool. Gather various reports from TFS and other means to produce monthly metrics.
- Bugs often included making fixes to machine build and test automation scripts using PowerShell.
- Keep 10 Azure UFC's and 17 FC's updated with the latest Fabric/OS updates. Handle any issues that arise in the test environment and with the clusters and nodes.
- Run various tests, as requested against several types of components in the lab. Testing buddy builds against production software and validate or repro issues. Execute and monitor various test beds for performance and stress testing programs and scenarios before any upgrade passes on to staging and production.
- Wrote lab SPA management tool using MVC, Knockout, Razor View engine and SQL storage.