Experienced and proven developer and lead programmer in the insurance, banking and retail industries.
Software: z/OS, MVS/ESA, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, JCL, DB2, SQL, CICS, Endevor, MQ, VSAM, Easytrieve, QMF, SPUFI, File - AID, File-AID for DB2, XPEDITER, STARTOOLS, FILE-MANAGER, ZEKE, MS Word, MS Excel
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
- Wrote System Technical Specification Documents
- Coded & tested conversion programs.
- Assisted identifying test cases and solving technical issues for the QA team.
- Performed impact analysis on some production issues.
The software utilized was primarily: COBOL, JCL, Easytrieve, CICS, and SYNCSORT. Some of the tools utilized were File-Manager, DTCN and SYNCSORT.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Senior Application Developer, Programmer Analyst
- Principal programmer on a pilot three-tier project using DB2 stored procedures.
- Sole mainframe developer for the Corporate Commissions Application. Performed Impact Analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, and Change Control procedures.
- Generated Lifecycle Documentation including Component Design Documents, Unit test Plans, Unit Test Scripts and updated application documentation for all assigned projects and service requests.
- Reviewed DB2 SQL for performance and applied version enhancements.
- Assisted Lead Programmer for the Member Application with Infrastructure changes.
- Developed and executed DB2 initial load jobs using load utility for COB application.
- Developed a series of request jobs and programs for the Claims Reporting System (CRS) which received data from various applications. The programs verified the data, reported on invalid data, & processed the valid data for user reports.
- Supported a series of called programs for the Service Code/Service Rates Application. The programs were called from the Claims application and would return provider rates for medical procedure codes and other criteria. The rates data was stored on DB2 tables.
- Mainframe Security Coordinator for Commissions application.
Confidential, Berwyn, PA
Consultant / Technical Designer
- Handled production support & emergency technical requests.
- Determined implications, defined technical specifications & alternate solutions for various user requests.
- Solutions were documented and presented to ascertain their feasibility.
Confidential, Chesterbrook, PA
- Team member responsible for selecting, developing and testing Y2K tools & methodologies for the local branch.
- Evaluated software products, developed questionnaires and procedures to assist in the strategy & conversion phases for Y2K projects.
Confidential, Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Researched the impact of Y2K on mainframe applications.
- Conducted interviews with application managers and senior programmers to determine the general complexities of their applications.
- Documented and submitted my findings.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
- Conducted a benchmark project to convert the financial system from Teradata to DB2.
- Supported portion of the Order Enter / Customer Service application located on the IBM platform.
- Supported the Disaster Recovery Order Entry System.
- Responsible for the programs & jobs which posted sales and return data to the financial ledger.
- Representative to the Data Processing Standards Committee.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Lead programmer / Senior Programmer
- Lead Programmer for the Production Support Team assigned to the Domestic Group Accident & Health Systems.
- Responsibilities included supervising programmers, analysis and estimating user requests, developing release schedules and coordinating the change control process.
- Actively involved in the development of Programmer Trainees.