- 9+ years of experience in Information Technology which includes Cloud Computing and DevOps specializing in Infrastructure as Code (IaaC), Platform as Service (PaaS) models.
- Expertise experience with architecting and managing AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, Auto scaling, IAM, Cloud watch, CloudTrail, RDS, DynamoDB (NoSQL), CloudFront, ECS, SQS, SNS and SES.
- Worked with cloud automation technologies such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Elastic Beanstalk and Lambda.
- Experience in creating jobs, CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins and bamboo also worked with different Jenkins plugins to integrate with different services/tools.
- Proficient with DevOps concepts and VersionControlSystems (VCS) Git and Subversion.
- Experience with build tools like Maven, Gradle and ANT also configured nexus repository manager for artifacts.
- Hands on experience orchestration and containerization using Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Worked on Microservices architecture, and knowledge about benefits of Microservices while we break down existing apps into micro services.
- Experience with infrastructure automation with Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Ansible, chef and Terraform.
- Configured and managed Web Servers and Application servers such as Apache Tomcat, Nginx and WebLogic also integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database
- Wrote suite of tools for NIS and local Unix accounts management, keeping user details synchronized across the systems.
- Utilized configuration & automation tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Experience in Installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery, and Operating System upgrade on Red Hat Linux (RHEL 5, 6), Unix, Centos and Ubuntu.
- Working experience on Open stack cloud service, such as NOVA, Swift, Neutron, Glance, Keystone and Heat.
- Experience of configuration and management the databases like MySQL, NoSQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Cassandra DB.
- Implemented Micro Services with Spring Boot and NODE.JS and hosted on Openshift containerization platform (OCP).
- Experience in real - time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using CloudWatch, Nagios, AppDynamics.
- Experience with log analytics using Cloud Trail and Splunk.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and scrum methodologies.
- Good scripting skills in bash and Python.
- Designing and configuring PowerVM and all virtualization services such as Shared Ethernet Adapter (SEA), VLAN, VLAN tagging, IVE, NPIV, CPU pooling, Live Partition Mobility (LPM) and virtual SCSI services to multiple VIO client partitions.
- Experience in IBM HACMP, POWER HA Cluster & working with the application team to ensure the applications start/stop without any failure in case of event failures
- Installed Power Linux on IBM pSeries based systems.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and also managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM.
- Experience with full SDLC, architecting scalable platforms, object-oriented programming, database design and agile methodologies.
- Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using PowerShell, TFS and Python Scripting.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting VMware ESX VSphere 4.0/5.0, Virtual Center 5.0 Servers and ESXI servers like VMware vSphere 5.5 and vSphere 6.
- Monitoring and managing file system usage, hardware and system process failures. Planning and provisioning of hardware, storage allocation and network configurations.
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS/Azure
Versioning Tools: GIT, GITHUB, Subversion
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: MAVEN, GRADLE, ANT
Configuration Management: Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla
Container & Orchestration: Docker, Docker Swarm, Helm, Openshift, Kubernetes, ECS
Monitoring: Repository Manager
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto Scaling groups, Optimized volumes.
- Architected & Implemented security to meet PCI requirements, using VPC, Public/Private subnets, Security Groups, NACLs, IAM roles, policies, VPN, WAF, etc.
- Administered Active directory into IAM roles for the credentials, permissions and roles of the all users and SSL certificates into Certificate manager.
- Build and manage production infrastructure on AWS utilizing Cloud formation , Code Deploy , Chef , EBS , and OPS Works.
- Configured and designed EC2 instances to meet high availability and high scalability. Setting up the Cloud Watch metrics for EC2 instances and using them for Auto scaling.
- Managing day-to-day software configuration management activities for multiple product lines, including source code control, Version control, branch management, build management, release management, etc.
- Migration of the Source Code from Subversion (SVN) to GitHub using Jenkins for automating Builds and Deployments.
- Managed version control tool Git to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge/revert code.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) systems using tools like Jenkins.
- To automate build management used Maven for Java projects.
- Used SonarQube for Code coverage and Code quality.
- Worked for architect application using microservice approach to make applications scalable, version able and deployable independently.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images using Helm Chart, tagging and pushing the images to Docker registry and worked on Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Managed (load balancing and distribution) these containers use used container orchestration tools like Docker, Swarm, Openshift, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Worked on shell and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to automate the infrastructure and configuration management using YAML and JSON.
- Created templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked on JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager for monitoring Repositories.
- Worked on Agile methodologies and daily standup meetings.
EnvironmeNt: AWS, VPC, Cloud Formation, EBS, OPSWorks, EC2, CloudWatch, IAM, Subversion, Git, CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Gradle, Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Helm, Docker Swarm, Shell, Python, Ansible, Chef, YAML, Json, JIRA, Bugzilla, Agile, Linux, Groovy, Java, IOS, Amazon ECS, Ruby, Splunk, Nexus, Windows, Active Directory ( AD ) SonarQube.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Configured and managed various AWS Services including EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Glacier , Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Elastic Cache, SQS, SNS, API gateway, SDK, AMI and Route 53 .
- Developed Cloud Formation templates to spin up resources such as EC2, EBS, RDS, VPC, S3, EKS, IAM on AWS cloud.
- For backup, took snapshot of existing volumes and created AMI from running servers and restored it in case of emergency.
- Wrote various Lambda functions for automating the process on the Cloud.
- Managed database tables that can store and retrieve any amount of data and serve any amount of traffic using MySQL and ORACLE.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage of static content and backup on AWS .
- Managed User/Accounts, roles and attached policies using AWS IAM service.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points, packages and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Installation and migration of on-premise Jenkins, Arti factory and SVN to AWS cloud infrastructure .
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like CloudFormation, Code Build and Code Deploy.
- Managed docker containers using orchestration tool Openshift, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Involved in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and managing artifacts in Nexus Repository.
- Experienced on working with on-premises network, application, server monitoring tools like Nagios , Splunk and on AWS with CloudWatch monitoring tool .
- Configured and maintained network related implementation and system securities using Security Groups, SSL Certificates, subnets, Internet Gateways, SSH keys, AWS Access/Secret Keys, Iptables, Network ACL’s and different protocols such as SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and FTP.
- Used CloudWatch to monitor and created alarms for high CPU usage, stopped services and low space on volumes.
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation tools like , ANT , Maven, Artifactory and Jenkins .
- Configured AWS CLI and performed necessary actions on the AWS services using Shell Scripting and Linux Scripting.
- Worked on ticket-drive workflow environments such as Jira and create new tickets according to monitoring alerts into Service Desk Plus.
EnvironmeNt: VPC, Subnets, Ec2, Snapshot, Lambda, Ami, Internet Gateways, Cloud Watch, SNS, S3, Cloud front, Cloud Formation, MySQL, ORACLE, Glacier, IAM, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Windows, Arti Factory, SVN, ECS, Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Helm, Python, Chef, Puppet, CI/CD, Nagios, AppDynamics, Splunk, Network, Active Directory ( AD ), CLI, ANT, Maven, Shell, Linux, Jira.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Build and Release Engineer
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Authorizing pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin , Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Used Bamboo to perform automated Builds and Deployments JAVA applications to DEV, test pre-prod and prod environments.
- Configured and maintained pipeline using Bamboo to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Coordinate with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository.
- Deploying the EAR and WAR archives into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Wrote ansible play books to deploy the application to tomcat application server.
- Used Power Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
EnvironmeNt: Subversion, GIT, Java/J2EE, Tomcat, Maven, ANT, Gradle, Bamboo, JIRA, JDK, Ansible, Windows XP, Web Logic.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Centos.
- Configured and administered multiple production Red hat 4/5/6 servers across multiple platforms.
- Worked on Ftp servers for sending and receiving files between local and remote servers. Administer NFS on Red Hat Linux servers. Involved with the SSL Certificate missing issues and installed certificates from backups.
- Perform Linux Kernel tuning for web, database and application servers.
- Preparation and execution of server patching and upgrade on more than 500 servers including HPUX, AIX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers.
- Writing Shell scripts for Automated Back- ups and Cron Jobs using SSH and Bash.
- Responsible for OS installs, system configuration and upgrades. Weekly & periodically changes implementation and quarterly power down maintenance (Patching, Upgrading, Reboot development servers on request of client).
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send Mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, RPM Package Management and others.
- Experienced in configuring and maintaining System Securities using IPTABLES.
- Experienced in networking with LAN, WAN, Routers, Gateways, Network security, firewalls and DDOS migration.
- Installed Veritas Volume Manager, Vcs Cluster Server for fail over and for mirroring and raid level configurations on EMC Storage frames.
- Worked efficiently using Veritas NetBackup on development and production servers for backups and restores.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Perl/Shell Scripts.
- Performed security, users, group's administration and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.
- Worked with DBA Team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
EnvironmeNt: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4.X, 5.X, Centos 5.X, Shell Scripting, Veritas Volume Manager, VCS Cluster Server, Veritas NetBackup.